Identified! MD - Bel Alton, Blk(or Bi-Racial)Fem 25-35, UP2716, no dental work, light complexion, Jun'98 - LaQuanda Williams

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
NamUs

Doe Network

Unidentified Black Female

Located on June 18, 1998 in Bel Alton, Charles County, Maryland.
Cause of death was homicide.
Estimated Date of Death: 5-7 days prior to discovery
Partial Skeleton

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 25-35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4"-5'7"; 115-135 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: She had artificially treated, collar- or shoulder length dark hair. Light complexion. No visible scars, marks or tattoos.
Clothing: None located.
Dentals: Available. No dental work on any of her teeth. #7, 8, 9, 10, 29 are roots only; crowns fractured away.
Fingerprints : Available

Case History

The victim was found in a secluded wooded area, in a clump of bushes near an abandoned house on Irving Road in Bel Alton, MD on June 18, 1998.

Despite a nationwide search of missing persons databases, the Charles County sheriff's office has been unable to identify her.

CCSO Forensic Science Unit Gains Ground in 1998 “Jane Doe” Cold Case

Ruleouts:
Shaquita Bell
Donna Crudup
Mabel Foster
Linda Hunter

her teeth must have hurt :( were they rotted away or was she abused throughout life so they were knocked out?

her teeth must have hurt :( were they rotted away or was she abused throughout life so they were knocked out?

My teeth hurt just reading the description! It makes me HOPE she had access to pain medication, even if it was something like heroin.

Some people's teeth just get really bad, crowns break off, roots get abscesses, and they can't afford to have them fixed. Teeth in condition like the UID are not usually a result of beatings, because after a beating you can go to the ER and they'll pull the rest out for you.
(Also, beatings that would ruin that many teeth should have left a broken nose. And reports generally say if teeth are knocked out peri and/or post mortem.)
But when teeth decay "naturally," you leave them as is, you can't go to an emergency dentist in the United States.
(I hope I made sense here)

Based off the sketch, I think Michelle Easton (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10277/) looks similar in the nose and eyebrows. But she's slightly shorter and has a birthmark on her shoulder.

Kathleen Dennis (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14696/) could also be a possible match.

There's also Anna Zirkle (https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/9574/)

Good possibilities! Remember that UID had been dead about a week, left outside, during June. Presumably her skin was nowhere near pristine, so I would not rule out a missing person for something superficial like a birthmark.

Doe Network says that UID had
"No visible scars, marks or tattoos" [bolding mine]. Just because they weren't visible on a body which was left outside for a week in warm weather, does not mean that the person did not have them.

EDIT: Eason is the best match of the three (in my opinion), specifically her history as a sex worker, and her proximity to the dump site.
The physical specifics are okay. Eason's two inches shorter than the UID, but then, many missing people's stats are based off their drivers licenses (or other IDs), and we all know how often those are changed! (When I got my learners permit changed to a real license, I asked to update my weight, and the woman wouldn't LET me! Like she thought she was INSULTING me if she added on the 20 pounds I had gained! I sure wish people weren't so fond of pretending to be their 16 year old height and weight.)

Attachments

• judithrhones.jpg
    judithrhones.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 116_210UFMD1 charles co jun 18 1996.jpg
    116_210UFMD1 charles co jun 18 1996.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 43
  • pamelaparker.jpeg
    pamelaparker.jpeg
    8.2 KB · Views: 42

Attachments

• 116_210UFMD1 charles co jun 18 1996.jpg
    116_210UFMD1 charles co jun 18 1996.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 25
  • JMoss.jpg
    JMoss.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 43

upload_2019-6-14_13-55-41.jpeg

Date of Discovery:
June 18, 1998
Location of Discovery: Bel Alton, Charles County, Maryland
Estimated Date of Death: Decomposed
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: Black
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4" to 5'7"
Weight: 96 to 135 lbs.
Hair: Black; curly; artificially treated; collar or shoulder length.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light complexion.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available; No dental work on any of her teeth. #7, 8, 9, 10, 29 are roots only; crowns fractured away.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: None.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim was found in a secluded wooded area, in a clump of bushes near an abandoned house on Irving Road.

Despite a nationwide search of missing persons databases, the Charles County Sheriff's office has been unable to identify her. Her fingerprints did not match anyone in available databases.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Maryland Office of the Chief Medical Examiner
Agency Contact Person: Joe Mullin
Agency Phone Number: 41-333-3250
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 98-03479

Agency Name: Charles County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Noelle Gehrman or D/Sgt. Frank Tona
Agency Phone Number: 301-932-2222 (Gehrman) or (301) 609-6514 (Tona)
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 98-05004

Agency Name: Charles County Crime Stoppers
Agency Contact Person: Sgt. Tim Miner
Agency Phone Number:
1-866-411-TIPS
Agency Website: charlescountycrimesolvers.com
Agency Case Number: N/A

NCIC Case Number: U135520510
NamUs Case Number: 2716

Information Source(s)
NamUs
Charles County Sheriff's Office
Maryland Independent

Thanks, that one works. It provided some good details about the condition of the body and the crime scene. I'm familiar with that area, I used to work out of an office just 4 miles north, and have walked on that very property (several years after the incident). Highway 301, which is nearby, is a VERY busy road, which serves Prince Georges County/Metro DC to the north. So, we can engage in some speculation here.....the decedent may well have been from DC or the adjacent areas of PG County; was probably murdered there, put into a vehicle, and driven down highway 301 to Bel Alton, which is where that part of Maryland starts to look rural. A quick right turn onto Irving road leads to a quiet spot to dump a body in the middle of the night.

DC has a lot of people who live on the margins of society, attracting no attention, homeless or nearly so; I suspect our decedent was one of those unfortunate souls.

preview

View Poster

Download Poster​

Age25 to 35 years old
Height5'4" to 5'6"
Weight115 to 135 pounds
SexFemale
RaceBlack

Details:​

On June 18, 1998, the unidentified remains of a Black female were located in Bel Alton, Maryland. The victim was found near an abandoned home, was completely nude, and covered with brush and vegetation. The victim had a fractured skull and appeared to have been killed at another location and transported to the body recovery location.

Submit a Tip:​

If you have any information concerning this person, please contact your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate.

Submit an anonymous Tip online

I wish I could remember how Kim was connected to woodgreen circle , glen oaks. Wasnt there some court records that listed some details

1711203969275.png

''Cold case update: Investigators identify woman found killed on Maryland farm in 1998​

LaQuanda Williams was the woman found dead on an abandoned farm in Bel Alton, Maryland, in June 1998. Investigators are now trying to find people who knew her in their attempt to find her killer''​

By Megan McGrath, News4 Reporter • Published March 22, 2024​

''Finally, we know her name: LaQuanda Denise Williams.''
She was 31 when she died and had grown up in the Anacostia neighborhood of Southeast D.C.

Williams, who most people called Niecey, was “a compassionate giver who always served others with a smile. Though cut short, her life was a testament of grace and perseverance,” her family said in a statement.''

''Williams’ nude body was found hidden in some brush on an old farm in Bel Alton, off Crane Highway, on June 18, 1998. The location is south of LaPlata, off Route 301. There was an abandoned house and three motels nearby. Investigators don’t know if she was killed there or somewhere else.''

1711204215972.png
''On the very night the story aired, Deputy Director Noelle Gehrman of the Forensic Science Section got a tip from a family member, indicating they had just watched the story on television and that Jane Doe might be their relative.''

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back