Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
San Bernardino shooting victims: Who they were
Los Angeles Times
December 5, 2015

Qfam9Lh.jpg

A composite photo of all 14 victims from the San Bernardino shooting rampage. They are top row left: Robert Adams, Isaac Amanios, Bennetta Betbadal, Harry Bowman and Sierra Clayborn. Second row from left: Juan Espinoza, Aurora Godoy, Shannon Johnson, Larry Daniel Kaufman and Damian Meins. Bottom row from left: Tin Nguyen, Nicholas Thalasinos, Yvette Velasco and Michael Wetzel. (Courtesy of family / Los Angeles Times)

These are the names and stories of the 14 people killed in the San Bernardino shooting on Dec. 2, 2015. They lived across Southern California, from Los Angeles and Orange counties, in the Inland Empire and the San Bernardino Mountains that tower over the valley where the shooting occurred.

The list will be updated as more information becomes available. It also includes information about some of the 21 people wounded.

For San Bernardino Survivors, a Day of Screams and Chaos
The New York Times
By ADAM NAGOURNEY, JENNIFER MEDINA, IAN LOVETT and JULIE TURKEWITZ
DEC. 5, 2015

[...]

“It was unspeakable the carnage that we were seeing,” Lieutenant Madden said. “The number of people who were injured and unfortunately already dead. And the pure panic on the faces of those individuals who were still in need.”

The fire alarm was ringing. Water was pouring down from the sprinklers. The air was filled with smoke and the smell of gunpowder, the floor was scattered with the dead and the injured, and people were crowded into corners and behind furniture.

“We went further into the building,” Lieutenant Madden said. “That was a difficult choice we had to make: passing people who we knew were injured and needed assistance. But our goal at that time had to be trying to locate the shooters.”

The attackers had left. Lieutenant Madden found 50 people crowded in the back of a hallway. Again and again, he told them to come out and leave the building. But they stayed, paralyzed with fear, until one of them tentatively began the flight to safety.

“And then,” Lieutenant Madden said, “the floodgates opened.”

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3

Aaaand we are back. Thank You bessie

Could have been from the wife's supposedly well off daddy, possibly part of the dowry?

In Islam its the husband's family who pay the dowry to the wife's parents. Its probably the mother's money from the sale of her house. She apparently lived with them, so it would make some kind of sense if she transferred her money into their account.

I think she's spot on, especially about Turkey and Erdogan. She could have mentioned Saudi Arabia and Qatar too.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/angels-death-isis-savages-fear-6275913

The Kurdish militias have earned the seething hatred of the terror group, which sees women as objects to be enslaved, raped and terrorised.

But at the same time, they fear them.

As well as the threat posed by the women's bravery and skill on the battlefield, the militants are terrified that dying at the hands of a female will stop them from reaching heaven.

In Islam its the husband's family who pay the dowry to the wife's parents. Its probably the mother's money from the sale of her house. She apparently lived with them, so it would make some kind of sense if she transferred her money into their account.

Islam requires that the groom gives the bride a dowry (not her parents, the dowry is her personal property).

BUT these two were from Pakistan where the Indian marriage customs prevail and Islamic law is ignored. The wife's family pays the groom (and sometimes if the dowry isn't paid there are horrible kitchen fires leading to dead brides).

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2015/10/11/comment/dowry-abuse/

In Islam there is Mahr which is a gift to the bride, not the groom. I believe it is still often referred to as dowry but it's the opposite of the usual meaning.

Here's a link-there's so many of these Islamic sites, have no idea which more credible but this seemed as good as any...

https://www.islamswomen.com/marriage/fiqh_of_marriage_6.php

Could have been from the wife's supposedly well off daddy, possibly part of the dowry?

In Islam there is Mahr which is a gift to the bride, not the groom. I believe it is still often referred to as dowry but it's the opposite of the usual meaning.

See my previous post, they don't do it that way in Pakistan, they follow Indian customs. Pakistan was created for the recent Indian Muslim converts and they apparently liked the old marriage rules better.

Shannon was SUCH a hero. I hope these stories get more attention. It's important to remember who WE are in the midst of these events. And not "WE" in a nationalistic sense but in the sense of there always being better angels around, that people are more good than bad. Anyway, really moving story.

"Amidst all the chaos, I'll always remember him saying these three words, 'I got you,'" Peraza, who was shot and is recovering in the hospital, wrote in a statement posted on Facebook.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...ed-while-shielding-survivor-final-act-n474871

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow