The Alarm/Security System

creepingskills

Verified Attorney
Reaction score
What confuses me is that if they staged the 'forced entry' on the garage pedestrian door around 6AM when they disarmed the security system...wouldn't there be a risk that MS's mother would notice this when she let the dogs out? For this reason I think the staging of the door was completed at night, close to TS's arrival.

I do wonder what the hell they were doing at the beach? Just passing time? Why the water shoes? I wonder if something was taken from the home at 6AM and discarded in a marsh area near the beach. IIRC the report says that the rest of the home, aside from the kitchen/garage/laundry room area, was undisturbed. Could it be possible that the jumpsuit, gloves were actually effective and JR/CWW left no trace evidence of being in other areas of the home?

Another thought, if MS was tracking TS's location on her iPhone this could be done in two ways: 1) if TS opted to share her location with MS or 2) MS had access to TS's iCloud account to use the 'find my iPhone function". I don't think scenario #1 is likely if TS told a family member she was considering divorcing MS. Rather, I think MS figured out her iCloud password which would give him real time access to her location, text messages, emails, contacts, pictures, notes. He could delete or alter all of these things on her phone, remotely. With this kind of access, he may have figured out months prior that TS was gearing up to divorce him, and that's what prompted him to keep track of all the ways he was "victimized" by his tiny, sweet, hard working, beautiful, smart wife.

Lastly, the van. Where does the van fit into the story? Did they use the van to drive to the beach?

Page 16, KM's statement that Curtis installed cameras on the house during the second trip for the funeral, which was confirmed by LE. Did the second crime scene tape go back up after this? My memory is kind of blurry on the date(s).

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2630726-investigative-report-teresa-sievers-case.html

Well, we know those camera's weren't installed to keep Mark and the girls safe from some maniac at large. They were so he could be aware of anything and everything occurring outside and around his house. This alone scares the begeezus out of me. The perp is inside with the girls.

Does anyone else remember an unverified family member saying there was nothing untoward about the alarm being off the day Teresa cam home? Like it was an innocent mistake? I could be misremembering. :thinking:

Does anyone else remember an unverified family member saying there was nothing untoward about the alarm being off the day Teresa cam home? Like it was an innocent mistake? I could be misremembering. :thinking:

Yes You are remembering correctly
It was Duntulum.
You could search for his/her posts if you want to read it again.
Guess he/she was repeating what they were told at that time

Yes You are remembering correctly
It was Duntulum.
You could search for his/her posts if you want to read it again.
Guess he/she was repeating what they were told at that time

Thank you Dushi. I think you're correct, Duntulum was probably repeating what they'd been told. Mark's mom probably felt immense guilt and distress after Teresa's murder, because she'd been unable to set the alarm on Sunday afternoon. That's just one more detail that makes this so shockingly awful... MS involved his own mom (IMO -- he changed the code remotely before his mom's afternoon trip -- or Tweedledee or Tweedledum did it in person between trips to the beach).

Yes, at the time I assumed she was either fed bad info by LE/family or she was feeding us bad info to protect her identity or protect the case. The VI may not have had any regular or direct contact with LE and therefore everything she heard about the investigation was second hand at best. A lot can get lost in translation when it is passed from person to person especially under these circumstances.

What confuses me is that if they staged the 'forced entry' on the garage pedestrian door around 6AM when they disarmed the security system...wouldn't there be a risk that MS's mother would notice this when she let the dogs out? For this reason I think the staging of the door was completed at night, close to TS's arrival.

I do wonder what the hell they were doing at the beach? Just passing time? Why the water shoes? I wonder if something was taken from the home at 6AM and discarded in a marsh area near the beach. IIRC the report says that the rest of the home, aside from the kitchen/garage/laundry room area, was undisturbed. Could it be possible that the jumpsuit, gloves were actually effective and JR/CWW left no trace evidence of being in other areas of the home?

Another thought, if MS was tracking TS's location on her iPhone this could be done in two ways: 1) if TS opted to share her location with MS or 2) MS had access to TS's iCloud account to use the 'find my iPhone function". I don't think scenario #1 is likely if TS told a family member she was considering divorcing MS. Rather, I think MS figured out her iCloud password which would give him real time access to her location, text messages, emails, contacts, pictures, notes. He could delete or alter all of these things on her phone, remotely. With this kind of access, he may have figured out months prior that TS was gearing up to divorce him, and that's what prompted him to keep track of all the ways he was "victimized" by his tiny, sweet, hard working, beautiful, smart wife.

Lastly, the van. Where does the van fit into the story? Did they use the van to drive to the beach?
Are we certain that they entered the home at 6am? Or, just remotely disarmed the alarm? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MS' mother tried to put in a code
that MS had given her at her 7:45 am arrival, not realizing the alarm was already
deactivated, which made the code she had been using all week ineffective (?). So
she then called MS, who told her not to bother setting, as TS was arriving that evening.

Are we certain that they entered the home at 6am? Or, just remotely disarmed the alarm? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MS' mother tried to put in a code
that MS had given her at her 7:45 am arrival, not realizing the alarm was already
deactivated, which made the code she had been using all week ineffective (?). So
she then called MS, who told her not to bother setting, as TS was arriving that evening.

First couple paragraphs under details/probable cause goes over this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B717FUtKwdU8c2wwajhOX1c0b00/view

she then called MS, who told her not to bother sitting as TS was arriving that evening.

The alarm was disabled using MS's mother's code at 6AM. I think this was a unique code given to BS (MS's mom) to deactivate the alarm after entering. Another code was needed to open the garage door. This was probably a single code, not distinguished by user. If I understand correctly, the BS code was inputted on the panel at 6AM to deactivate the alarm. BS told LE that it was not her who deactivated the alarm at 6AM because she didn't arrive until 7:45AM. The alarm company corroborates her story with a record of BS activating the alarm when she left at 8AM. BS returns at 4PM, deactivates alarm but cannot reactivate the alarm.

So, from what I gather - MS gave CWW his mother's security code to deactivate the system. Probably seemed like a good plan especially since MS planned to blame his mother for failing to set the alarm, and CWW used her code to deactivate. Its not clear to me whether the garage was opened at 6AM. My guess would be MS revoked BS's unique code privileges to set the alarm the system sometime after she activated it that morning at 8AM.

The alarm was disabled using MS's mother's code at 6AM. I think this was a unique code given to BS (MS's mom) to deactivate the alarm after entering. Another code was needed to open the garage door. This was probably a single code, not distinguished by user. If I understand correctly, the BS code was inputted on the panel at 6AM to deactivate the alarm. BS told LE that it was not her who deactivated the alarm at 6AM because she didn't arrive until 7:45AM. The alarm company corroborates her story with a record of BS activating the alarm when she left at 8AM. BS returns at 4PM, deactivates alarm but cannot reactivate the alarm.

So, from what I gather - MS gave CWW his mother's security code to deactivate the system. Probably seemed like a good plan especially since MS planned to blame his mother for failing to set the alarm, and CWW used her code to deactivate. Its not clear to me whether the garage was opened at 6AM. My guess would be MS revoked BS's unique code privileges to set the alarm the system sometime after she activated it that morning at 8AM.

Thanks creeping! Glad you're back :)

This is the part that does not make sense to me at all. Why go to the house and disable the alarm that early? BS armed it after she left at 8 am (which BTW freaks me out b/c she could have gotten herself killed too) so what was the purpose of that? To see if they could disable it? It wasn't to stage the house b/c BS didn't notice anything different. I'm so curious about the 6:00 am visit to disable the alarm.

IMO

This is the part that does not make sense to me at all. Why go to the house and disable the alarm that early? BS armed it after she left at 8 am (which BTW freaks me out b/c she could have gotten herself killed too) so what was the purpose of that? To see if they could disable it? It wasn't to stage the house b/c BS didn't notice anything different. I'm so curious about the 6:00 am visit to disable the alarm.

IMO

I believe that CWW had been given the "master" code or knew it. The master code is used to add or delete other codes. He knew the code being used by MS's Mother. By going first thing in the morning at 6:07 AM and disarming the alarm, CWW could make her code no longer work. When she arrived later she did not understand
why it was unset, but upon leaving could not set it. She called Mark and he said leave it unset. He knew CWW had already been there.

JMO's

I believe that CWW had been given the "master" code or knew it. The master code is used to add or delete other codes. He knew the code being used by MS's Mother. By going first thing in the morning at 6:07 AM and disarming the alarm, CWW could make her code no longer work. When she arrived later she did not understand
why it was unset, but upon leaving could not set it. She called Mark and he said leave it unset. He knew CWW had already been there.

JMO's
Really great thinking, thank you, it's the best explanation yet (at least in terms of making it possible for me to understand)!

Also, I think CWW would want to do a dress rehearsal with JR as soon as they arrived in Florida and before neighbours were out and about.

JMO's

The above is incorrect. BS arrived at 7:45 am and the alarm was not activated. She set the alarm upon her departure. BS then came back later in the day for her second visit around 4pm, deactivated the alarm and then could not reactivate it as she was leaving. Would it be possible for someone to change her code while she was in the home for the 30 or so minutes it took to feed and let the dog out?

I'm 98% certain my security company showed me how to do this from a my computer when they were installing the system. I've never done it but I remember them mentioning it while we were going over the settings on the computer.

The above is incorrect. BS arrived at 7:45 am and the alarm was not activated. She set the alarm upon her departure. BS then came back later in the day for her second visit around 4pm, deactivated the alarm and then could not reactivate it as she was leaving. Would it be possible for someone to change her code while she was in the home for the 30 or so minutes it took to feed and let the dog out?

IMO

Maybe to show later that the alarm was malfunctioning. "See, it had problems this morning, too!"

Apologies in advance to everyone for length, but I'm obsessed with the alarm.

What we know:

Alarm disarmed by BS code at 6AM.
BS arrived at 745AM, the house is 'secure' (locked) but the alarm is not activated.
BS activated the alarm at 8AM.
BS deactivates the alarm at 4PM, cannot reactivate alarm sometime later - no exact time confirmed IIRC.

We also know BS called MS when her code failed on the 28th, so records will corroborate timing. My guess is something happened to BS's code remotely before 4PM. Or, MS was able to set some kind of destruction time for her individual code, preset expiration time when the user code was created. Statewide must have records of any and all changes to user accounts and LE has those records. In the investigative report, one of the items LE wanted to discuss with (an uncooperative) MS, information regarding any and all user accounts/codes on the security system. Probably setting a trap, asking questions they already have answers to...but why would LE be curious about how MS would answer that specific question?:thinking:

What I would love to know about this particular alarm:

- Is it possible to tailor account permissions for individual user codes? Could MS/CWW revoke permission on BS's account code from arming the system, but leave as is for disarming?
- If BS's user profile was completely deleted remotely (before 4PM by MS) or on site (at 6AM by CWW) how did she rearm the system at 8AM?
- When was the BS user account created?

BS was the alarm fail scapegoat. MS needed the alarm to fail (user error) to support the intruder/break in narrative. The investigative report stated that CWW made entry with BS's code at 6AM to start staging the scene. I doubt CWW/JR staged the break in on the garage door at 6AM, and the rest of the home remained 'unmolested'. IMO, the staging was BS's code not properly activating the alarm at 6AM. And MS, genius he is, thought BS would assume responsibility for being at Jarvis by 6AM if her code was used at 6AM. Maybe BS just happened to be running late that morning and usually stops by around 6:30AM, closer to the staged time.

Lastly, if MS dropped TS at the airport between 3-4PM, maybe TS was present for BS's call to MS and aware of the alarm issue. If she wasnot aware, why didn't MS warn TS that the alarm was off. MOO since I would be freaked out coming home to an empty home that is supposed to be alarmed but unexplainably, is not.

ETA on pg. 6 of the investigative report, BS Interview #1:
Alarm not armed on the 26th, the day the family left for CT. BS assumed they were in a rush, didn't think anything of it. Alarm not armed in the afternoon on the 27th.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back