Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Adrian Lynch
_87063398_adrianlynch1police.jpg

'Extreme concern' for Adrian Lynch, missing on Jersey
"Police are "extremely concerned" about a 20-year-old man who went missing after a Christmas party.

Adrian Lynch has not been seen since around 02:00 GMT on Saturday in the centre of Jersey.

At a press conference on Sunday morning Jersey Police said there was nothing to indicate Mr Lynch was experiencing any problems.

Searches are being carried out by air, on land and in waterways across the island.
Police said Mr Lynch went to a staff party at the Merton Hotel in St Helier and took a taxi to Carrefour Selous at around midnight on Friday.

The taxi driver told police Mr Lynch was "relatively talkative and steady on his feet".

He was last seen at Bon Air Riding Stables in St Lawrence.

Police said the pattern of sightings indicated "confusion and disorientation" and his wallet and phone were found near the Carrefour Selous."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-35020605

Added to UK thread

(PS this happened on the island of Jersey, not sure what Essex connection is?)

Just had a look at this on maps.

So he was at a works Xmas do at the Merton Hotel in St Helier.
Got a taxi to Carrefour gym in Selous at midnight (about a 5 mile, 15 minute journey by car), wallet and phone found nearby.
Last seen near Bon Air riding stables in St Lawrence, a 10 minute walk down a narrow country road, at around 2am.

I'm assuming he was a local man? Wonder why he had to go to the gym / health club at midnight (it was closed). I had thought they meant Carrefour the supermarket but I don't think there is one there.

Jersey Police FB
https://www.facebook.com/StatesofJerseyPolice/?fref=nf

Local radio FB
https://www.facebook.com/channel103/
https://www.facebook.com/bbcjersey/?fref=nf

Jersey Post
http://jerseyeveningpost.com/

All very actively getting the word out about Adrian (known as Ady) being missing. Confusion about where he was dropped off in taxi, may have been Six Rues in St Lawrence. Locals not at all happy that the police are not allowing public searches yet.

Jersey is TINY. It's an island measuring just 9 miles x 5 miles and he is somewhere in the middle, not near the sea, should be straighforward...

Wallet and phone found - walking to a closed gym possibly at midnight? I really got a bad feeling about this one hope I am wrong :gaah:

Something must have happened on that Late night walk to make him go from relatively talkative and steady on his feet - to a Confusion and disorientated state??

Something must have happened on that Late night walk to make him go from relatively talkative and steady on his feet - to a Confusion and disorientated state??

It's hard for a taxi driver to say with certainty how drunk someone is I suppose, being as they are sitting behind them for most of the journey. I'm more interested in WHY he got the taxi - does he live in that area of Jersey? Does he have a friend / girlfriend / family in Selous or St Lawrence?

EDIT: there is only one A Lynch listed on 192.com in Jersey. Angchan is the first name, possibly connected. Lives in JE2 which is St Helier and to the south east, total opposite direction to where he went. Maybe irrelevant given the small distances involved.

My friend once lost his phone, keys and wallet on a night out (also in the countryside) and came home all muddy, bloody, and really confused. We feared he'd been mugged or something but CCTV from a nearby business soon showed he'd tripped dramatically over a kerb and head first into a hedge while trying to have a wee, and everything had fallen out of his pockets. No crime whatsoever, but without that camera we'd always have wondered. He's never lived it down.

the only difference here is your friend came home :happydance:
the weather has been bad over the weekend with storm Desmond wrecking havoc all over most of the country he could have had an accident which if that is the case the police, Search and rescue needs to find him fast it's been 35 hours since he was last seen by anyone

That map shows Bon Air stables to be somewhere different to where google says it is. (opp direction).

EDIT pretty sure the ITV map is wrong as the Bon Air stables are further south, unless Bon Air have changed premises recently

I've also remembered from school French that carrefour is the word for crossroads. For those here who might not know, even though Jersey is part of the UK it is much nearer to France and most of the place names are a variation of French. So Selous Carrefour might just mean he was dropped at the main junction of the village and not specifically the health club.

That map shows Bon Air stables to be somewhere different to where google says it is. (opp direction).

EDIT pretty sure the ITV map is wrong as the Bon Air stables are further south, unless Bon Air have changed premises recently

I've also remembered from school French that carrefour is the word for crossroads. For those here who might not know, even though Jersey is part of the UK it is much nearer to France and most of the place names are a variation of French. So Selous Carrefour might just mean he was dropped at the main junction of the village and not specifically the health club.

Knowing ITV it probably is :drumroll:

if he lives in that area he must of walk in that same area he might of taken plenty of times when he has been out late and because he had attended a Christmas party there is a very big chance he had a lot to drink and with the weather being bad he just might have taken a wrong turning

Update from ITV with sighting times:

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/upd...d-have-been-knocking-on-doors-in-st-lawrence/

Below are details of all the known sightings of him from midnight on Friday evening.
0:00 - Adrian is dropped off by a taxi at the junction of La Rue and Ruette D'Avranches.
0:00 - Adrian spoken to by a driver just South of Carrefour Selous.
0:00-0:30 - Two further potential sightings in the same area of Carrefour Selous.
1:00 - Seen by a member of the public in Rue de la Golarde.
1:10 - Seen by a homeowner on Rue de la Gorlarde.
1:30 - Possibly knocking on doors on La Rue du Douet de la Rue.
1:30-2 - Sightings in the area of Bon Air Riding Stables by two witnesses
2:00 - Seen at Clos de Devant, seen by homeowner

There are a lot of people up and about in the middle of the night for such a small place. Mind you, I suppose he is probably well known there, he has 640 FB friends and I doubt there are too many half-Thai people around. Odd that he seems to have done a full circle - from the crossroads, a few minutes north, a few minutes east, a few minutes south and then back to the centre where there are loads of houses. Perhaps some sniffer/cadaver dogs should be run through a few properties.

Someone has commented on one of the news sites along the lines of "it's clear he can't be outdoors so must be in a building / shed / garage". Those locals need to check and check again.

Thats right they need to keep checking their gardens sheds empty buildings etc - there seems to be a lot of sightings of him at that time in the early hours he can not have got far

Missing Adrian Lynch: Search of Jersey enters third day. Emergency services spent Monday night searching for Adrian Lynch, 20, who was last seen at 02:00 GMT on Saturday. Searchers concentrated efforts around St Lawrence, St Mary and St John - the areas in which he was last seen.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-jersey-35039123

If he was at a works do at an hotel in St Helier, likely he told friends where he was going when he said his goodbyes and left?

Knocking on doors in the early morning is worrying, was he injured and needed help?

He's been missing a long time now, hoping for a good outcome.

Latest update, police have moved their search to Tamba Park: More at link =

http://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2...uipment-to-be-used-in-search-for-missing-man/

The dedicated command post for the multi-agency co-ordinated searches has now been moved to the grounds of Tamba Park from the car park at David Hicks Antiques.

Detective Chief Inspector Lee Turner, who is leading the investigation, said work yesterday had involved police dogs, dive teams and shallow water searches.

‘Open land searches will resume again in the daylight hours, as well as potential searches using sonar equipment,’ he said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back