Found Deceased WA - Joshua Milton, 36, Seattle, 10 Dec 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Joshua Ryan Milton
joshua-ryan-milton.png

Police searching for missing Seattle firefighter
"Seattle police are working to locate a missing Seattle Firefighter after he did not arrive for a scheduled work shift Thursday evening.

QUICK FACTS:

Joshua Ryan Milton did not arrive for his 5:30 shift
Co-workers contacted police
Police do not think he is a crime victim, at this time
Milton drives 2000 Honda Accord, license plate number ABR2611
Joshua Ryan Milton, 36, is a Lieutenant with the Seattle Fire Department. He is married with a 3-year-old son.

Co-workers contacted police when he did not arrive for his 5:30 p.m. shift as a paramedic student at Harborview Medical Center, according to the Seattle Police Blotter.

Milton joined the Seattle Fire Department in 2012, and was recently accepted into the paramedic program.

Police have attempted to locate Milton and contact him by phone, but they have been unsuccessful.."

http://m.kirotv.com/news/news/seattle-firefighter-missing-after-not-arriving-wor/nphW3/

That seems very odd to me - to call police when a paramedic student misses a shift. And interesting that the police took up the case and are actively searching for him.

I wonder what's not being said here.

That seems very odd to me - to call police when a paramedic student misses a shift. And interesting that the police took up the case and are actively searching for him.

I wonder what's not being said here.

I thought the same thing - maybe he just caught the flu and is sleeping in? :crazy:

Where is his wife? Last seen at 3:30 pm
Milton was last seen near Harborview at approximately 3:30 p.m. Thursday
, and two hours later is reported missing by his colleagues? Hopefully he is found safe.

Missing Seattle firefighter's car found at Deception Pass
SEATTLE -- The car belonging to missing Seattle firefighter Joshua Ryan Milton was found at Deception Pass by park employees at 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

Washington State Patrol responded and verified that it was Milton’s car. Seattle police said the 36-year-old firefighter is still missing, and search and rescue efforts are underway.

Police began the search for Milton after he didn't show for work Thursday evening, the Seattle Police Department said Friday morning.

Milton was last seen near Harborview Medical Center around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, after taking an exam. He was supposed to return for his shift at 5:30 p.m., but never made it.

Seattle Fire officials are concerned for his safety.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...g-Seattle-firefighter-361604291.html?mobile=y

Snipped from the KOMO News link...
...Investigators said Milton bought a phone charger and baby wipes. He then sat in his car for about ten minutes and left.

<modsnip>

It is conducive to the search; however, we don't post quotes from commenters on Facebook pages. That same information can be found at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...g-Seattle-firefighter-361604291.html?mobile=y and because it's Mainstream Media (MSM) we are allowed to post it, so you should quote that article instead. Make sure that when you do quote something, you use [QUOTE.] [./QUOTE] tags (minus the . ) around the thing you're quoting, not quotation marks, and always post the link to your source!

Anyways - :welcome5:

His car being found at Deception Pass isn't a good sign. Its about two hours away and a bridge that many people have committed suicide on. There isn't really anything else around and the parking lot is tiny.

I'm definitely following this as a PNW native! Prayers for this guy!

It is conducive to the search; however, we don't post quotes from commenters on Facebook pages. That same information can be found at http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...g-Seattle-firefighter-361604291.html?mobile=y and because it's Mainstream Media (MSM) we are allowed to post it, so you should quote that article instead. Make sure that when you do quote something, you use [QUOTE.] [./QUOTE] tags (minus the . ) around the thing you're quoting, not quotation marks, and always post the link to your source!

Anyways - :welcome5:

Thank you. I'm a padawan. :)

Search and rescue efforts under way for missing Seattle firefighter
The search moved 80 miles north of Seattle to Deception Pass, a picturesque park 80 miles north of Seattle, where Milton’s 2000 white Honda Accord was found by park workers Saturday morning, Q13 Fox reported.

Park employees called police after they saw the car in a parking lot. There was no sign of the 36-year-old, who has a wife and a 3-year-old son.

The keys were still inside the vehicle, KOMO-TV reported.

“We’ve covered most of the park, but the biggest concern is the water, and that’s fast-moving water through there,” park manager Jack Hartt told the station. “It’s very difficult to find anybody if they are in the water.”

KOMO reported that Milton was tracked to a Target store in between Seattle and Deception Pass Friday through phone records, social media and bank statements.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/1...rts-underway-for-missing-seattle-firefighter/

It sounds like the wife was concerned about him harming himself--and that is why they ramped up the search so quickly, IMO. And sadly she may have been right. :candle:

Why buy a phone charger and baby wipes if you are going to harm yourself? And why has nothing been said by the wife? Why did colleagues report him missing two hours later?

Why buy a phone charger and baby wipes if you are going to harm yourself? And why has nothing been said by the wife? Why did colleagues report him missing two hours later?

Who can say? Maybe he bought them for whatever reasons, and it was during the 10 minutes after the purchase he made the decision, if he did. I think it's possible they reported it because they were afraid he was going to do something.

Finding his car by that bridge gives me a bad feeling. :(

There was a computer programmer/tech guy from the Seattle area that went missing awhile back. They found his car in the parking lot of Deception Pass State Park too. They searched and searched. My understanding is it was eventually assumed he had jumped. Being local, its more often than not that they never find the person. The water is so fast and so deep there.

Deception Pass is a strait between two islands and is a beautiful spot. The Deception Pass bridge spans the strait and is 180 feet high, with treacherous currents below. Finding his car in the parking lot at the pass suggests he jumped from the bridge. Very sad.

He bought the phone charger and baby wipes, and was then observed sitting in his car for about ten minutes...I am thinking he may have called someone...

:dunno:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back