Ben Carson wants troops at Canadian border

Snoopster

Reaction score
Sorry, I wasn't sure where to put this. It's political, but seems more celebrity/entertainment in some ways. Between the Donald and Ben Carson I really don't get a sense of serious politics. Of course this is likely my bad.

Republican Ben Carson says he wants soldiers and national guard stationed along the Mexican border – and at certain unspecified spots along the Canadian border.

Can the fear mongering get any worse with specific members of the GOP?

I am so sorry that we pose such a threat to our neighbours south of the border. Our apologies. We will try to refrain from our history of violence.

It has nothing to do with the Canadians/ We love our Northern neighbors, :wave:

I think Carson is a bit of a kook, which is too bad because I really liked him a lot at first. But his idea is because of the potential terrorists that we have arrested at the northern border. It is very easy to come into the US at some places.

I think Carson is a bit of a kook, which is too bad because I really liked him a lot at first. But his idea is because of the potential terrorists that we have arrested at the northern border. It is very easy to come into the US at some places.

Hi Katydid. I definitely appreciate your comments, not just here, but on other threads.
Having said that, I would like to pose a counter comment. I will suggest that there have been more Canadians killed because of the "porous border" than there have been Americans. Do I have stats? No.

But, we don't have much in the way of access to guns here in Canada and most of them come across the border from the U.S. They often find their way into crime shoot outs. I believe there are many Canadians who have died because of this. We aren't positioning troops on the border because of this.

On the other hand, how many people in the U.S. have died due to terrorists who have come from Canada to the U.S.? I am not aware of any, but would love to understand this better.

Does he remind anyone else of Barney?

[video=youtube;Sh1ZeWhAtRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh1ZeWhAtRI[/video]

Hi Katydid. I definitely appreciate your comments, not just here, but on other threads.
Having said that, I would like to pose a counter comment. I will suggest that there have been more Canadians killed because of the "porous border" than there have been Americans. Do I have stats? No.

But, we don't have much in the way of access to guns here in Canada and most of them come across the border from the U.S. They often find their way into crime shoot outs. I believe there are many Canadians who have died because of this. We aren't positioning troops on the border because of this.

On the other hand, how many people in the U.S. have died due to terrorists who have come from Canada to the U.S.? I am not aware of any, but would love to understand this better.

That is a valid point. Maybe you should take Dr. Carson up on his idea, to protect you all from us.

ETA: Also, I think there is a reason he added Canada to his original plan for armed guards at the Mexican border. I think some reporter asked him, in a derogatory tone, why armed guards at Mexican border and NOT Canadian, and so he said ' Yes, the Northern border as well.' I think I heard something like that, but I may be wrong.

That is a valid point. Maybe you should take Dr. Carson up on his idea, to protect you all from us.

ETA: Also, I think there is a reason he added Canada to his original plan for armed guards at the Mexican border. I think some reporter asked him, in a derogatory tone, why armed guards at Mexican border and NOT Canadian, and so he said ' Yes, the Northern border as well.' I think I heard something like that, but I may be wrong.

I think you hit the nail on the head katydid. I think his Canadian border comment was to eliminate any suggestion that he was racist against Mexicans. Ironically, Carson lives within a 10 minute drive from the Canadian border. Detroit and Windsor (canada) are very close communities. I'm pretty sure he isn't really worried about the threat from across the river. It's all about political convenience.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back