Troubled country singer Mindy McCready, RIP

Dark Knight

Reaction score
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."

Scary that this woman is pregnant. She needs some serious help.

JMHO

Since she split from Dean Cain, she has been going down-hill. I'm hoping they will place her in some kind of protective custody until the baby is born. My sister-in-law had to go off all anti-depressants while pregnant, and trust me when I say she NEEDED protective custody. What happened with her and what appears to be happening with Mindy M., isn't far removed from the Andrea Yates scenario.

Intervention.. Intervention!

Poor little baby inside her :(

Unfortunately she is now known as the Courtney Love of Country Music

I do hope that he baby is O.K. and that she does nothing else to harm herself and the baby.

I can't imagine this women being a Mother, she harms herself and has issues bit time. Is anyone going to look out for the baby once it is born.

Good thing you explained that she's a country singer because I've never heard of her. I guess crazy comes in all sorts of packages.

You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

Another article:

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,17440,00.html

McCready OD's Again

by Charlie Amter
Sep 24, 2005, 8:05 AM PT

For the second time in two months country singer Mindy McCready has been hospitalized for a drug overdose. And like before, the Friday morning incident appears to have been a suicide attempt.

According to police reports, the "Guys Do It All the Time" singer was admitted to a Nashville hospital after ingesting more than two dozen antidepressants following a fight with the father of her unborn child.

God help her child....

Dark Knight said:
(AP) Country singer Mindy McCready was hospitalized after overdosing on antidepressants early Friday following a quarrel with the father of her unborn child.

She was in fair condition Friday afternoon, officials said.

According to a police report, McCready and William McKnight were arguing on the phone about whether his parents would help pay for the pregnancy. He cursed at McCready and she became angry and took about 30 antidepressant pills, the report says.

After McKnight called her back and she didn't answer, he called police and an ambulance.

McCready's lawyer did not return a phone message to his office.

McCready, 29, has had a series of legal and personal problems in recent months, including a drunken driving arrest in Nashville, a (previous) suicide attempt and an arrest in Arizona on charges stemming from her involvement with a con man she said she was trying to help police catch.

McKnight was also charged earlier this year with trying to kill her. McCready said he punched her in the face and tried to choke her.

Last year, McCready was charged with obtaining the painkiller OxyContin fraudulently at a pharmacy. She pleaded guilty and was placed on three years' probation.

McCready had a No. 1 hit in 1996 with "Guys Do It All the Time."
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?

BillyGoatGruff said:
So who is this woman and why should anyone care?
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own

JDB said:
Well lets see . This woman is a Human being that has many problems that some of us just happens to like her Music for startsI can see some around this board does not care about someone elses problems.But you know what that is OK . To each his or hers own
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Well, I'm getting the impression the only reason anyone cares because she appears to be famous. I say 'appears', because I have never heard of her before. I have a real problem with celebrities being considered news items, unless they're actively committing felonies, ala OJ & Michael Jackson.
Then don't click on the link or read it. Simple as that.

Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.

MaryKate said:
Hey!!

Tone it down ok??

No attacks. Thank you NO need to coment about anothers posters actions.
You talkin' to me? :blowkiss:

The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(

WISCer said:
The really sad thing is, that with two attempted overdoses, she's probably caused irreversable damage (cognitive) to her baby. This baby doesn't stand a chance of a decent life if someone doesn't get a grip on his/her mother! :(
It would help if she stayed the h*ll away from the guy to tried to kill her!!!!

Yeah, that would be good....when I said "get a grip" I didn't mean around her neck. :D

JDB said:
You know this is scarey for sure.Mindy had the world at one time. I think this is a case of a singer making it big to fast. Who did not know how to handle her sucess. I saw her on a Geogre Strait tour years ago when she was just starting out. I sure hope she does get help quick.

I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

I totally agree with you, Bobbi'sAngel ! :clap: Mindy was a rising star who fell into drugs and an abusive relationship . She needs help desperately, I can only pray that she gets it before it is too late for her and her unborn child. Hopefully a judge will force her into rehab soon.

Bobbisangel said:
I think that you are right. Her selfworth must be at ground level by now. For a long time I wondered what had become of her. She was making it big and then she disappeared. It sounds like she got mixed up with the wrong guy and is caught up in battered women syndrome. I know she has had problems with drugs and been in and out of trouble. I wish she would be court ordered into treatment for about a year. With all of the problems that she has had it is hard to believe a judge hasn't realized that she needs help.

I too hope that she gets some help so that she can see what is going on in her life. I can't condem her...she needs help. She has fallen into the trap of addiction like so many of our young people.

BillyGoatGruff said:
No I care about anyone that have a problem with drugs. It just so happens she was in country music at one time. And last I checked as wrong as it was both OJ and MJ will not gulity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back