NV - Jessica Valenzuela, 32, dead, 36 injured, car plows into crowd, Las Vegas, 20 Dec 2015 *arrest*

CarmelEyesD

Reaction score
More than 20 people are reported to have fallen victim to a major accident near the luxurious Paris Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. Conflicting reports are coming from the scene, which has been cordoned off by police.

. Local NBC reporter Gerard Ramalho cited police sources as saying that a vehicle had driven up onto a sidewalk and into a large group of people.

https://www.rt.com/usa/326610-vegas-paris-hotel-victims/

3 dead
sounds like a woman with a child in the car hit up to 30 people then fled but turned herself in shortly after

[video=youtube;zJ3QDP9yiqM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3QDP9yiqM[/video]

Whoever took that video has a sweet view! I was just got married there on Halloween aww. I'm not a city girl at all so the crowds kinda freaked me out.

What an awful tragedy for everyone. Can you imagine growing up finding out you were in your mom's car when something like that happened?

OMG! 😲 Insane. I hope there are no deaths. It's really crazy.

Whoever took that video has a sweet view! I was just got married there on Halloween aww. I'm not a city girl at all so the crowds kinda freaked me out.

What an awful tragedy for everyone. Can you imagine growing up finding out you were in your mom's car when something like that happened?
Or worse what if that was your first memory? Yikes

Something so big, scary, bright and dramatic would be sure to leave an impression.

Wth happened?

Sounds like alcohol was involved. Hopefully, it was a medical emergency and not a choice to drink and drive. Miss Universe show was there tonight, right?

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/20/us/las-vegas-strip-accident/index.html[/video]

11:50 p.m. ET: The driver is in custody and is undergoing various tests, including one for alcohol, authorities said.

11:45 p.m. ET: Officials don't yet know whether it was an accident or intentional.

11:44 p.m. ET: At least one dead and seven in critical condition, fire officials said. There were a total of 37 patients.

Text Size:
A
A
A

Advertising

(CNN) —[Breaking news updates]
Related

Las Vegas Strip: Car mows down over...
Wrong contestant crowned at Miss...
URGENT - las vegas driver arrested
URGENT - las vegas pedestrian casualties
URGENT - las vegas pedestrians hit

11:50 p.m. ET: The driver is in custody and is undergoing various tests, including one for alcohol, authorities said.

11:45 p.m. ET: Officials don't yet know whether it was an accident or intentional.

11:44 p.m. ET: At least one dead and seven in critical condition, fire officials said. There were a total of 37 patients.

[Full story]

The Las Vegas Strip was blocked off after a car mowed down more than 30 pedestrians Sunday night, authorities said.

At least one person is dead and seven are in critical condition, fire officials said. Medics tended to 37 people.

Authorities don't yet know whether the incident was an accident or intentional. The driver was in custody and was undergoing various tests, including one for alcohol, authorities said.

Rows of ambulances and police cars gathered at the scene, their lights flickering. A witness described a chaotic scene as people fled.

"Everyone was running ... and as I was running, I saw a car up on the sidewalk coming toward us," a witness told CNN affiliate KLAS. "I saw a lady, she didn't seem like she wanted to stop the car, she had both hands on her wheel and she was looking straight forward."

People scrambled to stop the driver, she said.

"I saw men running after her, yelling, 'stop, stop!' As she was passing, we saw people running after her. Everyone was so frantic and just running around."

Antonio Nassar, who was at the Strip, described a disturbing scene.

"The car rolled right in front of me. By the time I looked over to the right, all you could see was [her] driving away and people were bouncing off the front of the car, you can hear it," Nassar told the affiliate.

"The windshield is smashed at this point. She rode the sidewalk, she came to a stop at the Paris intersection, people are punching into the window ... she accelerated again and just kept mowing people down."

http://www.wcvb.com/national/las-ve...aign=WCVB Channel 5 Boston&Content Type=Story

^yeah all the earlier reports of 3 dead seem to have been pulled

Las Vegas PD Twitter account.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LVMPD?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

LVMPD
@LVMPD
25m
This is still an active investigation by @LVMPD_Traffic. Expect delays on the strip for several more hours. #LVMPDnews

@LVMPD
26m
Over 37 injured in crash on Las Vegas Blvd, one person is confirmed deceased, several still critical. Driver is in custody. #LVMPDnews

@LVMPD
50m
We will be addressing the media at the media staging area located at Harmon and S. Las Vegas Blvd. at approximately 8:45 PST. @LVMPD_PIO

@LVMPD
1h
@REPrivateMoney We're investigating a multiple injury auto-pedestrian crash.

@LVMPD
1h
Please find alternate routes while we continue our investigation on S. Las Vegas Blvd. twitter.com/NHPSouthernCom…

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/20/us/las-vegas-strip-accident/index.html[/video]

I'm going to guess that if she initially fled but then turned herself in, it was probably an accident as opposed to being intentional. I have to wonder if the driver was under the influence though. Prayers for all involved.

LVMPD ‏@LVMPD 2m2 minutes ago
We will be updating the media again at 9:45 PST at the media staging area at Harmon and S. Las Vegas Blvd. #LVMPDnews @LVMPD_PIO

LVMPD ‏@LVMPD 2m2 minutes ago
We will be updating the media again at 9:45 PST at the media staging area at Harmon and S. Las Vegas Blvd. #LVMPDnews @LVMPD_PIO

Thanks bluesneakers. Maybe I can catch it on the news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back