Chicago Police Kill 2 During Domestic Disturbance Call

kimlynn

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/chicago-police-kill-quintonio-legrier-bettie-jones-families-outraged/

The Chicago Police Department said in a statement that the shootings happened around 4:25 a.m. Saturday after officers who responded to the call "were confronted by a combative subject."

Jones, a neighbor of Legrier, lived in a first-floor apartment with her boyfriend. Jones' daughter said she was shot while opening the door.

Not sure what to think as of yet,but police say a combative subject, but two people were shot and one is a neighbor.

Read this a while ago, shook my head and thought these cases are getting curiouser and curiouser.

What's with the "resulting in the discharge of the officer's weapon" language? Just say he shot and killed him. The gun didn't go off by itself.

JMO

Janet Cooksey, the mother of LeGrier, told CNN affiliate WLS that her son died of several gunshot wounds.

"I went to the hospital; my son has seven bullet wounds in him," Cooksey said. "And that's too much."

Cooksey added that her son had been in college studying engineering.

RIP Quintonio.

RIP Bettie.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/26/us/chicago-police-shooting/

This brought tears to my eyes.

Latisha Jones, 19, said she woke to gunfire and found her mother on the floor of her apartment with a gunshot wound to the neck. “She wasn’t saying anything,” Jones said. “I had to keep checking for a pulse."

Latisha Jones said she put her hand up to her mother’s face and she was still breathing. Jones was taken to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

So who was the combative person that police came to get. And how did everyone get shot?

So did the neighbor lady come out of her apartment and then get shot? Or was she shot through the apartment wall?

Why did the son call 911? ^^^ Antonio LeGrier said he has since spoken with police and the Independent Police Review Authority — as well as two civil-right lawyers. Police had told him that his son was shot seven times and had called 911 before he did.

I thought the father called 911 because the son was being violent. Hard to have sympathy if they called the cops for a violent teen, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out cops arrive ready to shoot.

Also another article mentions dogs? And they don't know who owned them? Were dogs shot during this fiasco too? I can't read the tribune articles, membership only.

Why did the son call 911? ^^^ Antonio LeGrier said he has since spoken with police and the Independent Police Review Authority — as well as two civil-right lawyers. Police had told him that his son was shot seven times and had called 911 before he did.

The civil rights lawyers do not waste time. Lol. Didnt this just happen.

So if your loved one gets killed by police. Does a civil rights lawyer get an email update with your name and number and directly contacts you before any one else knows about it.

Is there a mole in the depts or are civil rights lawyers on police scanners and waiting for a cop shooting. Lol. Seriously?

The civil rights lawyers do not waste time. Lol. Didnt this just happen.

So if your loved one gets killed by police. Does a civil rights lawyer get an email update with your name and number and directly contacts you before any one else knows about it.

Is there a mole in the depts or are civil rights lawyers on police scanners and waiting for a cop shooting. Lol. Seriously?

After notifying family members the first call I'd make would be to a lawyer.

So this father called police and locked himself in the bathroom because he was afraid of his son. Then he calls a lawyer because his violent, mentally ill son, who he was afraid of, was killed by the cops.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/2-shot-in-chicago-officer-involved-shooting/1136416/

It happened just before 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning in the 4700-block of West Erie in the city's West Garfield Park neighborhood after relatives say the teen's father called 9-1-1, saying his son was threatening him with an aluminum baseball bat and acting erratically.

Quintonio's mother says the Northern Illinois University engineering student suffered from a mental illness.

"He was taking medication, but he was back at school," Janet Cooksey said.

Legrier's father, who had locked himself in the bedroom of his second-floor unit, had told Jones, his downstairs tenant, not to approach his son, but to let the police in when they arrived.

Well I guess a civil rights lawyer can help apply pressure from the beginning. But it has lately seemed more about money grabs than true justice.

They are now looking for the loop holes to get you paid. And they rarely truly care if the cop is punished after a settlement has been agreed upon. Jmo.

But if they can immediately get the ball rolling on exactly what happened before a police cover up. Than why not. Idk.

This actually happened 16 hours ago, at 4:30 AM. News of the shooting just came out a couple of hours ago so maybe they were trying to keep it hushed up for a while?

It happened just before 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning in the 4700-block of West Erie in the city's West Garfield Park neighborhood after relatives say the teen's father called 9-1-1, saying his son was threatening him with an aluminum baseball bat and acting erratically.

Well I guess a civil rights lawyer can help apply pressure from the beginning. But it has lately seemed more about money grabs than true justice.

They are now looking for the loop holes to get you paid. And they rarely truly care if the cop is punished after a settlement has been agreed upon. Jmo.

But if they can immediately get the ball rolling on exactly what happened before a police cover up. Than why not. Idk.

IMO family members need an advocate. Law enforcement has unions, lawyers, politicians, etc., all on their side. An officer shoots a civilian and the mechanism gets started because they've been there before. But if your son or daughter was just shot by a police officer, would you know what to do? Do you know how the system works? Imagine having to navigate all that while people are trying to blame your loved one and you're heartbroken and grieving. I'm firmly on the side of get a lawyer asap.

So this father called police and locked himself in the bathroom because he was afraid of his son. Then he calls a lawyer because his violent, mentally ill son, who he was afraid of, was killed by the cops.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/2-shot-in-chicago-officer-involved-shooting/1136416/

Quintonio's mother says the Northern Illinois University engineering student suffered from a mental illness.

"He was taking medication, but he was back at school," Janet Cooksey said.

Legrier's father, who had locked himself in the bedroom of his second-floor unit, had told Jones, his downstairs tenant, not to approach his son, but to let the police in when they arrived.

Okay. This has more meat on the bone. Dad was scared of son. And comes out after all was said and done. And is armed with civil rights lawyers once he realizes the actions that happened by the cops and unstable son upon the cops arrival ?

Now the family of the neighbor should get 1 Zillion and criminal justice. But I don't know about dad.

Btw. I'm still a little lost on details. So I may change my mind.

But it seems like if you call the cops on your mentally ill kid that is lashing out. Things may not go as you expect. Btw. If your kid is ready to attack and kill you. What do you think that they will do to the arriving cops. Jmo.

Why did Ms Jones need to open her door? Was her door the access to the father's second floor apartment? Why was she drug into it in the first place? I'm confused.

IMO family members need an advocate. Law enforcement has unions, lawyers, politicians, etc., all on their side. An officer shoots a civilian and the mechanism gets started because they've been there before. But if your son or daughter was just shot by a police officer, would you know what to do? Do you know how the system works? Imagine having to navigate all that while people are trying to blame your loved one and you're heartbroken and grieving. I'm firmly on the side of get a lawyer asap.

You are preaching to the choir my friend. But presently; I do not know 1 civil rights lawyer. And trust me. If it hits the fan and someone comes to me for free representation. I would still be skeptical before signing anything. Jmo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back