Found Deceased IL - Heather Bardsley, 42, Grafton, 26 December 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Heather L. Bardsley
9541377_G.jpg

Police searching for missing Grafton woman

" Police are searching for a Grafton, Illinois woman that has been missing since December 26.

Heather L. Bardsley, 42, was last seen at approximately between 10:30 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. on December 26, police say.

According to police, Bardsley was returning home after visiting a local establishment in Grafton, Ill. and never arrived.

Police say Bardsley was last seen near North Cedar Street wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans, and zebra print rubber rain boots."

http://www.kmov.com/story/30842811/police-searching-for-missing-grafton-woman

I wonder what kind of establishment she left from? Or if she drove, left on foot, and how much she had to drink?

It appears that she works for Burns & Wilcox (a Property & Casualty insurance company based in Southeast Michigan). It is unlikely (but not impossible) that she was leaving work at that time of night. I hope she is found soon...safe & sound.

“Heather got across the water running rapidly across the roadway behind Amoco and when the two looked back across, she was gone,” O’Dell said he was told by one of the two who last saw her."

I don't understand. She was crossing the road that had water running through it?

Flood waters, I believe, although the quote looks like it's missing a sentence or two.

http://m.riverbender.com/articles/details.cfm?id=10576#.VoHgd15WmoM.facebook

It is really bad here flooding everywhere. They had to rescue 10 from Spanky which is like 5 to 8 min from Grafton.

Sounds like she was crossing a low(usually low) creek that has become very rapid now.

Here is a picture right down road from me (it is a video but can't figure how to share from phone if someone can tell me I'll share it )

That's what I was afraid of, I remember how bad the flooding gets there. It's just a stone's throw from the river.

Yea Grafton is on the river. So she was very close to it.

I live in MO about an hour away from Grafton, we have had major flooding all over the area and sadly she is probably in the river. Through the week MO has had over 400 roads closed, one being a major interstate. People have been urged to stay home, not to try and cross where there is water. Last I heard between MO and IL there have been 15 deaths and the number is rising as they find people. It's a sad state around here, it's close to our flood of '93.

Today is her birthday 😕 Happy Birthday Heather

Missing woman case in Grafton baffles investigators

123115104637-DSC0652.JPG

GRAFTON - Heather Bardsley turned 42 on Wednesday and her whereabouts remain unknown, even after five extensive searches on ground and in the water near Grafton.

Bardsley was last seen Saturday night, Dec. 26, approximately between 10:30 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. at the area of North Cedar Street in Grafton, Illinois. She was wearing a grey sweatshirt, blue jeans and zebra print rubber rain boots.

Grafton Police Chief Marshall Lewis and his staff did an extensive search with other investigators with human scent trained dogs on the brisk Thursday afternoon, but he said that to his knowledge, nothing was turned up. Bardsley was last reported to be seen near her house after being dropped off by acquaintances. The small stream running across the road was moving fast that night and was at least two feet higher on Dec. 26 than today.

http://www.riverbender.com/articles...se-in-grafton-baffles-investigators-10645.cfm

Bumping thread. This is still news in our area.

I'd like to hope that she's found alive, unfortunately it looks like the flooding may have taken another victim.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back