Identified! PA - Delaware Co, Ridley Creek State Park, WhtFem 25-45, UP14642, rings w/initials, Jan'16 - Name Withheld

elmomom

Reaction score
Remains were skeletal, found 01/01/2016 in the "deep woods" by a hiker and appear to be fairly old. LE asking for folks associated with missing peeps in the area to reach out to them to help ID. Thought I would post it here, haven't had time to look at possible matches but I know you fine folks will!
http://www.delcotimes.com/article/DC/20160102/NEWS/160109966

Kortne Stouffer???

Based on the description I thought of her as well. The location is a little less obvious than I would expect though. I hope it's her for her parents sake, though I really just hope that this girl gets ID'ed and goes home to rest.

I don't think the thread title is correct. The remains were in Ridley Creek Park, which is Media, just outside of Philadelphia, not Middletown.

FTR this Middletown is in Delaware County, not Dauphin County (outside of Harrisburg). This is as south east PA as you can get.

(I'm from the Dauphin County Middletown so I had a little heart attack when I saw the title of this post!)

It is Middletown Township, Delaware County, PA. I grew up near there and always called the park: Ridley Creek State Park. I am getting old as I have never heard of the area referred to as Middletown Township. Just Lima or Edgemont area.

Googlemaps doesn't recognize a Middletown in Delaware County. I guess "Media" means the same thing though :D

I thought the distinction was important because the other Middletown is quite near where Kortne Stouffer went missing (Palmyra), but the actual location is quite a bit farther away. Still close enough that it could be Kortne, though.

There do not appear to be many tall blondes in their 20's missing from PA or NJ.

There do not appear to be many tall blondes in their 20's missing from PA or NJ.

I haven't read anywhere that the remains were that of a blonde.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back