Found Deceased NE - Craig Baxter, 28, North Platte, 4 January 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Craig Baxter
craig+baxter.JPG

North Platte Man Goes Missing

"Police are searching for a North Platte man reported missing from the Lincoln area.

Twenty-eight-year-old Craig Baxter was last seen Monday around 7 a.m.

His parents, Kim and Nancy Baxter, became concerned early Monday when they found out he didn't report for his first day of optometry rotation in Omaha.

He was driving a blue 2005 BMW X3 that may be heading to the Omaha area.

His parents do think he is in his car without any money; He left his wallet with his sister in Lincoln."

http://www.knopnews2.com/home/headlines/North-Platte-Man-Goes-Missing-364292981.html

Local family searches for local man. He was last seen driving a dark blue 2005 BMW X3 SUV, but there is no indication what direction he may have driven.

“He had some appointments he was supposed to attend and failed to show up for those,” Farber said. “One of those was in Omaha.”

He had been staying with family in Lincoln, his sister and brother-in-law. http://www.nptelegraph.com/news/loc...cle_b8ea002e-b42e-11e5-b90d-dbb714b076ca.html

His parents do think he is in his car without any money; He left his wallet with his sister in Lincoln.

He is described as 6 foot 1, with dark hair and dark eyes.

http://www.knopnews2.com/home/headlines/North-Platte-Man-Goes-Missing-364292981.html

Baxter's phone is believed to be turned off and can't be tracked. The Lincoln Police Department said the last location they could track it was near Nebraska Wesleyan's campus.

http://www.ketv.com/news/28yearold-...-ask-for-communitys-help-finding-him/37281110

If he left his wallet at his sister's house is it possible he ran out of gas & was stranded on the side of a road? Maybe he decided to walk to the nearest town, got a ride from stranger who did him harm?

The thoughts & opinions stated above are that, MY random thoughts & opinions.

There hasn't been any license plate information released on the BMW X3 that I've been able to locate so far. Does it not have a tag, etc.? That would help the public, would it not?

:confused:
:thinking:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There hasn't been any license plate information released on the BMW X3 that I've been able to locate so far. Does it not have a tag, etc.? That would help the public, would it not?

Here is his facebook https://www.facebook.com/craig.baxter.5
looks like his brother-in-law has gotten access to the account and is sharing a missing group
the group has license plate description

I don't even know mine, my husband's or my son's tag/plate#, if one of us went missing I'd have to go home & comb through paperwork to find it. It could be that his registration is in his name & wouldn't be readily available to family members. Just a thought...

This is local for me and it appears we have several mutual friends on Facebook.

Haven't been able to catch up with the news yet today but off to see what I can find!

Not getting good vibes, sadly. Who "leaves their wallet with their sister" on the first day of an important new job/internship? I hope that was not really what happened. Hope it was more "he forgot his wallet at his sister's house" and the reporter twisted the words. On a positive note, I didn't see any large patches of water near the last cellphone ping.

I don't even know mine, my husband's or my son's tag/plate#, if one of us went missing I'd have to go home & comb through paperwork to find it. It could be that his registration is in his name & wouldn't be readily available to family members. Just a thought...

Funny you mention that. One of my early jobs was at a car wash. We had to write license plate #s down. I have always memorized mine and my family members' plates going back more years than I'm going to admit here! :giggle:

In the age of Amber Alerts and freeway signs, and as a WSer, I'll admit I notice out of state plates, and the evolution of the plates here in Cali. Now my kids do too. :blushing:

I'm weird that way I guess.

Funny you mention that. One of my early jobs was at a car wash. We had to write license plate #s down. I have always memorized mine and my family members' plates going back more years than I'm going to admit here! :giggle:

In the age of Amber Alerts and freeway signs, and as a WSer, I'll admit I notice out of state plates, and the evolution of the plates here in Cali. Now my kids do too. :blushing:

I'm weird that way I guess.

I'm glad you said this because I always memorize my plate numbers and still remember a few old ones, going back more years than I'm going to admit. :)

I still struggle to understand how people just vanish into thin air like this. I would assume they're checking hospitals etc., considering he doesn't have his wallet, you'd have to assume he doesn't have any form of ID on him either.

Hope he's found safe and well very soon. Thoughts are very much with his family who seems to be very proactive in finding him. Huge amount of members on the public FB page already.

Not getting good vibes, sadly. Who "leaves their wallet with their sister" on the first day of an important new job/internship? I hope that was not really what happened. Hope it was more "he forgot his wallet at his sister's house" and the reporter twisted the words. On a positive note, I didn't see any large patches of water near the last cellphone ping.

The area that his phone last pinged from doesn't have anything more than a creek-ish that's quite a ways off the road. There's rarely much - if any water in it.

I'm worried it could be a situation where he left home and realized he had left his phone and just decided not to go back for it and then something happened on the interstate or highway on his way to Omaha. Doesn't account for his phone last pinging in an area probably 10 minutes from the place he left.

Edited to say wallet, not phone, I was thinking of times where I've left my phone at home and didn't go back for it. Sorry. [emoji16]

I was thinking about his phone, maybe he's a bit absent minded? Maybe he forgot his wallet, then maybe the battery died as he could have forgotten to charge his phone?

Seems plausible to me, if someone dashed out and forgot their wallet. Just my opinion of course.

I was thinking the same thing. It is one thing to forget your wallet...another to "leave their wallet with their sister". I wonder if he has any depression etc.

If you put a gps route on Google Maps on your phone, can Google and your gmail account track your route up to the point where the phone goes dead? I know Google Maps is tied into your gmail account. I'm wondering...if Craig didn't have a newer nav system, he might have been using Google Maps on his phone. I do it all the time even though I have a nav system because I can input it with voice commands. His missing page is so busy, I hate to post if my idea's not a sound one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back