TN - Domestic violence survivor thanks police officer for rescue, January 2016

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Domestic violence survivor thanks police officer for rescue
January 7th, 2016 by Shelly Bradbury

7W4zbms.jpg

Mariana Cremonte endured physical abuse from her partner for seven years before she finally called for help.

She dialed 911 on Sept. 14, 2014, while the father of her children was away and she was home with her two young sons.

Then Chattanooga police Officer George Forbes showed up at her door.

"I was really nervous, I couldn't even talk," Cremonte remembered on Wednesday. "He asked if I had anywhere to go, and I said, 'No.' He said, 'I'm going to take you to a safe place. Go inside, take everything you need for you and your kids. I'll wait here.'"

[...]
On Wednesday, Cremonte met with Forbes at the Police Services Center on Amnicola Highway to publicly thank him for saving her life.

"I hope you can help many more women like me," she said. "We need more survivors. We need more police officers with good hearts. Thank you."

So glad this mother was brave enough to call for help and save herself and her children. To both her and the officer..... :clap: :loveyou:

Thank God I have never been in that situation, but I can only imagine how hard it is to ask for help (the psych damage often parallels the physical harm), and even then, so often those pleas go unanswered.

I agree with Tupelo; they are both brave!

I can only imagine the immense relief she felt when he said, "I'm going to take you to a safe place." Get your things..."I'll wait here." :)

I can only imagine the immense relief she felt when he said, "I'm going to take you to a safe place." Get your things..."I'll wait here." :)

You have to wonder if she held her breath, waiting to hear "ma'am we can't do anything unless he actually kills you. Would you like to get a restraining order?"

I am not making light. We read all to often that this is the answer a victim gets even after working up the nerve to call for help.

Officer Forbes is Ms. Cremonte's guardian angel.

I can only express myself in gif form.

123_DoctorWhorainingonmyface.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10