IL IL - Brenda Jackson, 31, Park Forest, 3 January 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Brenda Jackson
1152953_630x354.jpg

PARK FOREST WOMAN MISSING FOR A WEEK

"PARK FOREST, Ill. (WLS) -- Park Forest police are asking for the public's help locating Brenda Jackson, 31, who has been missing since the late evening of Jan. 3, 2016.

Jackson, of the 200-block of Arcadia Street, was reported missing by her husband and mother on Jan. 5. She was last seen on by a relative who dropped her off at her home in the late evening hours of Sunday, Jan. 3."

http://abc7chicago.com/news/park-forest-woman-missing-for-a-week/1152968/

She's 5 ft. tall and 125 lbs. with black hair, brown eyes. She has a scar on her upper chest and star tattoos on both sides of her neck. She also has a hear tattoo on her ring finger and a tattoo of "Michael" on her left inner wrist.

Jackson's mother says there will be a search beginning at 12 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 10, at 26th Street just east of Western near the forest preserve. http://abc7chicago.com/news/park-forest-woman-missing-for-a-week/1152968/
It's hard to believe she's been missing for a week and only one station from there is talking about it.

PARK FOREST WOMAN MISSING FOR A WEEK

On Sunday, family and friends of Brenda Jackson trekked through the freezing cold and snow to search a forest preserve in south suburban Park Forest for clues in her disappearance.

"We love her. We want her home and we'll do whatever it takes. We are going to find her," said Carol Lantz, a family friend.

The mother of six was last seen last Sunday evening by her father when he dropped her off at her home in the 200 block of Arcadia in Park Forest.

"We said, 'Goodbye. I love you honey. I will see you tomorrow,'" recalls her father, Joel Gonzalez.

However, Jackson never made it in to work the next day. She was reported missing by her husband and mother on Jan. 5.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/park-forest-woman-missing-for-a-week/1152968/

So many questions! Her father dropped her off at home, but did she ever make it into the home? Who should have been home that night? Where were her kids? It just says she didn't make it to work the next day. And then not reported missing until the 5th?

Map showing the proximity of the Preserve (and a body of water) to the street she lives on.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/200+Arcadia+St,+Park+Forest,+IL+60466/@41.4911609,-87.6708458,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x880e1a2c0ee2ff1b:0x20fa021b5868ffb

She is dropped off Sunday evening, 1/3, then did not make it to work the next day on Monday, 1/4 but was not reported missing until Tuesday, 1/5? She is an Iraq war veteran. Could she be suffering from PSTD? She is also a mother of six children with the youngest being 4 months. Postpartum depression?

Very worrisome.

So many questions! Her father dropped her off at home, but did she ever make it into the home? Who should have been home that night? Where were her kids? It just says she didn't make it to work the next day. And then not reported missing until the 5th?

I was wondering the same.

Was her father the last to see her? Or her husband?

On Sunday the search focused on a massive forest preserve in Park Forest, Sauk Trail Woods -- which has a large lake as well as a lot of steep wooded areas, making the search a difficult job in cold weather.

Jackson's family says they've been monitoring her cell phone and credit cards, and say there has been no activity on either.

http://wgntv.com/2016/01/10/search-resumes-in-park-forest-for-missing-mother-of-six/

I guess it's none of the public's business, but there are certainly questions that hang heavy in the air. Who has custody of her children (most especially her baby). It seems there's no way she was primary caregiver of the baby, and if she was, whoever was secondary would have reported her missing LONG before 2 days later. Why was her dad going to see her the next day? Why wasn't a grave concern raised, when he attempted to see her the next day, and she hadn't been seen since he dropped her at her home?

Park Forest Mom of Six Reported Missing
2016015693eadd33e47.jpg

The veteran-run website, Missing Veterans, said Jackson is a U.S. Army veteran who served in the war in Iraq. Her family states that Jackson went missing without her purse or her jacket, which she typically would have grabbed due to the cold weather.

The family told Missing Veterans that there has been no activity on her credit cards or cell phone since she went missing.

http://patch.com/illinois/chicagoheights/park-forest-mom-six-reported-missing

*grumble* won't let me read it😕

This one's for you. ;) :cheers:

Family members of Brenda Jackson, the Park Forest woman who has been missing for eight days, have searched for her in the Cook County forest preserve near her house, fearful that she may have met with foul play.

Jackson, 31, has not been seen since the night of Jan. 3 when her father dropped her off at her house in the 200 block of Arcadia Street, according to Park Forest police. She was reported missing by her mother and her husband two days later.

Deputy Police Chief Christopher Mannino said police are following up on a variety of leads, including a tip that Jackson was recently spotted in Chicago.

He said police have searched the area "around the home" but found no evidence to explain her being missing, including any sign of a crime having occurred. Mannino declined to say if there were previous police calls to the Jackson home.

Jackson's mother, Maria Gonzalez, said that when she talked to her daughter at 10:30 p.m. Jan. 3, Jackson was home alone, and that was the last activity on her cellphone. Jackson's six children had stayed with Gonzalez that night because there was no school the following day and Jackson had to be at work at 5:30 a.m. She worked in the food service department at Rich South High School in Richton Park, her mother said.

"It is unlike her to go missing on her own," Gonzalez said, adding that her daughter left behind all her personal belongings, including her purse, identification, coat and gloves. "She would not do this to her six children. She had so much to look forward to."

Gonzalez said her daughter was an Iraq War veteran, who would never run from anything.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...park-forest-woman-st-0112-20160111-story.html

At least that explains where her kids were and implies that she did make it into the house.

So nobody actually saw her leaving after the phone call with her mom at 10:30 pm, it seems. All her personal items were left inside the house. I wonder whether the house itself has been searched for signs of forced entry or a struggle, or a hidden body. Just followed another case here where the missing person was eventually found dead in a crawl space inside the house.

So nobody actually saw her leaving after the phone call with her mom at 10:30 pm, it seems. All her personal items were left inside the house. I wonder whether the house itself has been searched for signs of forced entry or a struggle, or a hidden body. Just followed another case here where the missing person was eventually found dead in a crawl space inside the house.

Hate to go there, was the husband home? Where was he?

I find it odd that the only mention of her husband is that he and her mother reported her missing. Maybe they are separated or he is in the service but I have not seen any statements quoted by him or even his name. If I had children with someone and they were missing, I would want the message to be please come home for them. Weird.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back