Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Travis_Alexander.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander#/media/File:Travis_Alexander.jpg
Continue discussion here...

Please keep off topic information to the Sidebar.
Please keep this thread case specific.

link for sidebar:
SIDEBAR #58 - Travis Alexander forum

thread dedicated to Alexander family and friends:
To the Alexander Family - Express your sentiments here

link to previous threads:
Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1
Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3

She is describing her frustration that afternoon, dealing with virus in his computer.

She had to delete a lot of stuff from his laptop probably. Must have been so frustrating when his My pictures wouldn't come up...

I see it as her using previous experiences to enhance her story using strings of truth. That bugs situation first occurred back in the fall of 2007(about the time they allegedly broke up), correct?

Edit: As for the 2008 situation, TA complained about bugs eating his screen on May 23/08 to TS by text, which JA obviously had the ability to read/access, I find it hard to believe that TA would have just lived with a virus like that for another ten days without doing anything about it since it involved his business and his book/blog(TS even suggested nuking it(to me that means format the pc)).

I occasionally will click on those strange articles that try to get you to view them because of the way they word the article. This one below had their picture #6 with that shower picture we were talking about where Travis has the strange look. It kind of shocked me when his picture came up.

I wasn't going to mention it here except they claimed it was the "last picture taken" of him and since we were recently discussing the pictures on JA camera I thought it was kind of interesting that they claim it was the last picture. We all know that it is very debatable if it was truly the last one or not.

Warning. Link has other graphic disturbing pictures so only view if you want to. Some of the cases they mention are interesting. I actually remembered one of their other pictures and case from many years ago.

http://www.answers.com/article/30727319/15-disturbing-photos-with-horrifying-backstories

The floor cleaner. To go upstairs from T's office one walked right through/past the living room area. The upright floor cleaner was in clear view of anyone passing through that area and going up the stairs. I don't believe she'd have failed notice it.

I do believe Enrique's observations that the cleaner was not in view and that the furniture was unmoved on the morning of the 4th, and that the first time either roommate noticed these changes was when Enrique returned home at 6-6:30 on the 4th.

The most likely explanation, imo, is that the killer finished assembling the tile cleaner, and moved the dining room chairs onto the couch, and used the cleaner. We know she left traces of blood in the wash room and in the downstairs bathroom sink. Perhaps she accidentally dropped a bundle of extremely bloody clothes or the knife on the tile floor downstairs and needed to do a complete cleanup.

In any case, the additional time that would be required to complete such a cleanup is another indication that the timeline might well be wrong.

ETA.....Or, the only other possibility that makes any sense (and less so than the first): that she didn't arrive and/or enter the house until later that morning, after the roommates had left, and Travis was awake and had begun to clean his floors. In that case the roommate who returned between 3-4 didn't notice the cleaning, or...she arrived after 4pm.

There is another explanation, and it fits the timeline. She was in the house when Enrique got home. Maybe she had to leave the carpet cleaner and run upstairs or into the office and wait until he left again.

I don't know what time his wednesday service started, but I can assume 7, so he probably wasn't home but for 30 minutes or so.

Her drive to kingman should have taken 3 hours. Her first calls are what? 1030pm? It gives her an extra hr at the least, 1.5 at the most.

I keep saying I think she texted Jonah during the conference call. His 2nd text to travis is bizarre otherwise.

She is describing her frustration that afternoon, dealing with virus in his computer.

She had to delete a lot of stuff from his laptop probably. Must have been so frustrating when his My pictures wouldn't come up...

No computer expert testified to finding a mass deletion of anything on his computer for June 4th. She tried to get rid of stuff on her own computer, and her answer to that was to destroy, or break in whatever way, the hard drive. Just saying, with her bleaching the camera and somehow trying to break her hard drive, this seems to be how she handles things. Makes me wonder that if she wanted anything gone his computer, why she didn't "break it."

It seems that what she'd want gone would be emails, facebook and gmail stuff, and linkedin stuff. What else would be on his computer that mattered to her? LE scoured his computer for *advertiser censored*, etc, so I'm guessing they checked unallocated space and found nothing abnormal such as a mass dumping into unallocated space that day.

I see it as her using previous experiences to enhance her story using strings of truth. That bugs situation first occurred back in the fall of 2007(about the time they allegedly broke up), correct?

Edit: As for the 2008 situation, TA complained about bugs eating his screen on May 23/08 to TS by text, which JA obviously had the ability to read/access, I find it hard to believe that TA would have just lived with a virus like that for another ten days without doing anything about it since it involved his business and his book/blog(TS even suggested nuking it(to me that means format the pc)).

Travis told Taylor about the bug screen virus on May 23. Taylor told him he didn't know how to fix it (and so didn't, from what is known).

On May 27, after the confrontation, Travis told Regan his "internet" was whacked, his computer indicated it was under attack, Windows failed, Travis installed Spybot.

Travis WAS able to use his computer after the 27th because he texted a friend on June 2 that he was happily working on his blog.

Who knows whether or not she saw the bugs virus on the 4th. My guess has been she planted it on his computer--again, before she whipped out the CD's, and she did so to mess with him, to keep him off balance.

(My guess that there was a virus there is based in part on her demeanor when she testified about Travis trying to access the pics. IIRC, she said at one point that Travis accused her of putting a virus on his computer (and she smirked). At another point she said Travis was trying to load the pics and it was taking forever, which she didn't get because it was such a simple thing to do (said with contempt/disdain).

Her drive to kingman should have taken 3 hours. Her first calls are what? 1030pm? It gives her an extra hr at the least, 1.5 at the most.

My Maps program says it takes 3.5 hours minimum from Mesa to Kingman. That's going at max speed. In the evening, she would have joined heavy traffic heading out of Phoenix. If she took a different road so she couldn't be tracked, it would have been longer

Regarding TA's computer, destroying it by smashing it might too easily have called attention to herself.

Whatever she wanted to destroy on the murder date she may not have been able to destroy because of the virus (which she no doubt put there), but there's nothing to say she wasn't manipulating his computer from hers.

A timeline NO WAY, for when she arrived/circumstances of her arrival.

Known computer activity, June 4 AM

4:08AM Youtube--- Daft
4:11AM YouTube--Daft
4:15AM YouTube-Daft

From police interrogation tape:

Killer: So I showed up, and he was looking at You Tube on his computer, on his laptop, in the office. We watched that for a little while, and he was very happy to see me. Napoleon barked, but he always barks when somebody walks in, but then he was really happy to see me and he gets so excited. He does this thing with his butt where he goes around in circles over and over and over till he realizes, stop going in circles. So it was a good reunion.

(She says elsewhere in the tapes and on the stand that the specific video was Daft, that she watched it with him, and how stupid she thought it was).

Comment- look at those times. There are 3 minutes between the 1st and 2nd watching/opening up the video, and 4 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd watching/opening.

She supposedly arrived while Travis was watching this video. Three or 4 minutes for him to get up and answer the front door, greet her, walk back to his office, and resume watching the same video with her?

Or, 3-4 minutes in between watching a video and being surprised by her walking into his office unannounced (from where? Opening up the garage door? Walking through the front door?) Naps going nuts, and then Travis goes right back to watching the same video?

Or, he's watching the last video at 4:15 (lasting how long? A couple minutes?) and she arrives, knocks on the door or comes in through the garage, they greet, Naps goes nuts, and there is still time in the video for her to say they watched it together? And then she says right afterwards, um, I'm tired and am going right to bed?

None of these scenarios are the slightest bit plausible. So why this particular lie connecting arrival with what Travis was doing on his computer? Because she arrived afterwards and he wasn’t awake when she arrived, IMO, or she arrived beforehand, Travis was already asleep, and she watched the videos herself (unlikelier).

I'm pretty sure JM believes she lied about his expecting her and his being up, given his sarcastic questions and remarks about her testimony that Travis was expecting her.

Timeline, June 3-4. Through 6AM, June 4.

June 3

2:02 AM Last text sent by Travis, to Maria, saying goodnight.

June 4

4:08AM Youtube--- Daft- accessed via Mozilla, PC profile name is Deanna (in other words, signed on as Travis)

4:11AM YouTube—Daft- accessed via Mozilla “ “

4:15AM YouTube-Daft- accessed via Mozilla “ “

The killer says they watched the Daft YouTube video then went to bed. OK, then….who is on the computer nine minutes later?? (from Dworkin testimony, day 13).

4:24 am accessed “youTube-free web proxy” (This proxy allows users to UNBLOCK other social media accounts, including FaceBook, then to browse anonymously).

4:30 am accessed “Gmail” (why would Travis use a proxy to view his Gmail or his own webpage?)

4:33am accessed “ travisalexander.net page2.google.syn.com”

4:35 am accessed “ travisalexander.net”

5:53am incoming text from Brooke

6AM Enrique leaves for work. He doesn’t see Travis or the killer, doesn’t see anything out of the ordinary.

A timeline NO WAY, for when she arrived/circumstances of her arrival.

Known computer activity, June 4 AM

4:08AM Youtube--- Daft
4:11AM YouTube--Daft
4:15AM YouTube-Daft

From police interrogation tape:

Killer: So I showed up, and he was looking at You Tube on his computer, on his laptop, in the office. We watched that for a little while, and he was very happy to see me. Napoleon barked, but he always barks when somebody walks in, but then he was really happy to see me and he gets so excited. He does this thing with his butt where he goes around in circles over and over and over till he realizes, stop going in circles. So it was a good reunion.

(She says elsewhere in the tapes and on the stand that the specific video was Daft, that she watched it with him, and how stupid she thought it was).

Comment- look at those times. There are 3 minutes between the 1st and 2nd watching/opening up the video, and 4 minutes between the 2nd and 3rd watching/opening.

She supposedly arrived while Travis was watching this video. Three or 4 minutes for him to get up and answer the front door, greet her, walk back to his office, and resume watching the same video with her?

Or, 3-4 minutes in between watching a video and being surprised by her walking into his office unannounced (from where? Opening up the garage door? Walking through the front door?) Naps going nuts, and then Travis goes right back to watching the same video?

Or, he's watching the last video at 4:15 (lasting how long? A couple minutes?) and she arrives, knocks on the door or comes in through the garage, they greet, Naps goes nuts, and there is still time in the video for her to say they watched it together? And then she says right afterwards, um, I'm tired and am going right to bed?

None of these scenarios are the slightest bit plausible. So why this particular lie connecting arrival with what Travis was doing on his computer? Because she arrived afterwards and he wasn’t awake when she arrived, IMO, or she arrived beforehand, Travis was already asleep, and she watched the videos herself (unlikelier).

I'm pretty sure JM believes she lied about his expecting her and his being up, given his sarcastic questions and remarks about her testimony that Travis was expecting her.

The only thing TA did that night on the PC was to watch the stupid video? Random out of the blue in the middle of the night, you watch a stupid video? There are no other random YouTube videos that he was clicking around in and came upon that one? He wasn't writing his blog? Nothing? Who does that?

She was off-site and made TA's computer play the goofy video, so she knew it was on, Travis dead or alive irrelevant?

TA had been watching that goofy video earlier, went to bed, and the PC went to sleep. Jodi woke the PC up when she came through the window from the back yard?

Or she was in his office and he was asleep. She had decided what to click on ahead of time.

Does the time log indicate on clicks and off clicks? If so, wouldn't you have "on-click" "off-click" check something out "on-click." No "off-click"?

The minutes in between watching and not watching the video=Travis heard something in his back yard? He couldn't see anything so he got back to what he was doing? By then, she had quieted Naps?

The only thing TA did that night on the PC was to watch the stupid video? Random out of the blue in the middle of the night, you watch a stupid video? There are no other random YouTube videos that he was clicking around in and came upon that one? He wasn't writing his blog? Nothing? Who does that?

She was off-site and made TA's computer play the goofy video, so she knew it was on, Travis dead or alive irrelevant?

TA had been watching that goofy video earlier, went to bed, and the PC went to sleep. Jodi woke the PC up when she came through the window from the back yard?

Or she was in his office and he was asleep. She had decided what to click on ahead of time.

Does the time log indicate on clicks and off clicks? If so, wouldn't you have "on-click" "off-click" check something out "on-click." No "off-click"?

The minutes in between watching and not watching the video=Travis heard something in his back yard? He couldn't see anything so he got back to what he was doing? By then, she had quieted Naps?

Nine minutes between YouTube videos then accessing via proxy is a very short time. I can easily imagine Travis up that late watching exactly that kind of a silly feel good video, then heading up to bed.

Nine minutes, though.... She couldn't have been hiding in his house already, without Naps detecting her. It's a big house, and Travis wouldn't have been able to hear her in his office if he was upstairs with his bedroom door shut, but still....

The likeliest scenario (pure speculation) is that she arrived around 3, just as she originally told Flores, waited til he went to bed, then went on YouTube and pulled up a video that Travis had mentioned to her before, staging the scene that Travis had waited up for her.

That doesn't fit into what definitely was her plan of making sure she could never be placed in AZ, though...

As for cars and roommates at that hour. Enrique took the bus, and had only been living there for 2 weeks, so it's possible she didn't even know he was there, much less know anything about his schedule. Zach had a rental car and usually parked in the driveway, so she'd have seen his car and known he was home.

Still thinking on this one....

PS- the whole log by Dworkin was not presented. Don't know about clicks, etc.

MdlR can't possibly think she'll be taken seriously as an advocate for domestic violence victims, or even Jodi Ann alone, by presenting that ear splitting rap video.

I can sit though "Chinese Food," but not that mess.

My DH is threatening me with an intervention unless I put all things killer aside for awhile, lol.

Briefly, then.....all JMO:

He wasn't expecting her. He didn't hear her when she arrived. She waited until he was asleep and had hours at her disposal before he woke up.

She had to duck when she heard Enrique get up and get ready to leave at 6, but before that (and after he left, maybe) she was on TA's computer, snooping his website and Gmail, and erasing any traces of written evidence. She put the check in his drawer, went through his papers and journal.

She may well have turned his phone volume down, or his phone off altogether. She went upstairs and perhaps hid extra clothing in his closet. She brought up his camera from the office and had it ready for when he woke up.

Version one: Her most basic plan was to keep him completely off balance until she could kill him.

She woke him up with camera in hand, and they had sex, not because he even wanted to, but because he was freaked she was there and wanted to do whatever it took to get her out of the house, ASAP.

He agreed to look at the pics she'd brought, but couldn't because she had deliberately put a virus on the computer to prevent him from accessing his gmail etc. and noticing she had been there, altering and deleting.

He told her he had an important conference call he had to get working on, went to take a shower, assumed she'd left. One or the other washed the sheets and put them in the dryer before his shower.

She surprised him in the shower, he was even more freaked but let her take pics, she killed him.

She staged the scene, took a shower, threw camera and towels etc. in wash, washed her hands in downstairs bathroom, put up Naps fence, used the already assembled cleaner on tile floor, quickly, locked front door, left.

Later, on 16 minute call into his VM's, she erased all incoming VMs for the 3rd and 4th and left her psycho VM.

(A little bit puzzled how Zach didn't see either of them when he came home between 3-4, or at 11:30am {left again and had lunch with GF, returned in afternoon } depending on which version of his replies to Flores are accurate).

Version 2: he didn't know she coming, was asleep when she arrived, she messed with computer, hid from Enrique, went upstairs.

Travis didn't see her until she surprised him in the shower, near noon, when he woke up (which is why Zach didn't see or hear him at 11:30).

Sex pics are from another date, date and time stamps are wrong for shower pics.

my dh is threatening me with an intervention unless i put all things killer aside for awhile, lol.

Briefly, then.....all jmo:

he wasn't expecting her. He didn't hear her when she arrived. She waited until he was asleep and had hours at her disposal before he woke up.BBM1

she had to duck when she heard enrique get up and get ready to leave at 6, but before that (and after he left, maybe) she was on ta's computer, snooping his website and gmail, and erasing any traces of written evidence. She put the check in his drawer, went through his papers and journal.BBM2

she may well have turned his phone volume down, or his phone off altogether. she went upstairs and perhaps hid extra clothing in his closet. She brought up his camera from the office and had it ready for when he woke up.BBM3

version one: Her most basic plan was to keep him completely off balance until she could kill him.

She woke him up with camera in hand, and they had sex, not because he even wanted to, but because he was freaked she was there and wanted to do whatever it took to get her out of the house, asap.

He agreed to look at the pics she'd brought, but couldn't because she had deliberately put a virus on the computer to prevent him from accessing his gmail etc. And noticing she had been there, altering and deleting.

he told her he had an important conference call he had to get working on, went to take a shower, assumed she'd left. One or the other washed the sheets and put them in the dryer before his shower.

She surprised him in the shower,
he was even more freaked but let her take pics, she killed him.

she staged the scene, took a shower, threw camera and towels etc. In wash, washed her hands in downstairs bathroom, put up naps fence, used the already assembled cleaner on tile floor, quickly, locked front door, left.BBM4

later, on 16 minute call into his vm's, she erased all incoming vms for the 3rd and 4th and left her psycho vm.

(a little bit puzzled how zach didn't see either of them when he came home between 3-4, or at 11:30amBBM5 {left again and had lunch with gf, returned in afternoon } depending on which version of his replies to flores are accurate).

Version 2: He didn't know she coming, was asleep when she arrived, she messed with computer, hid from enrique, went upstairs.

Travis didn't see her until she surprised him in the shower, near noon, when he woke up (which is why zach didn't see or hear him at 11:30).

sex pics are from another date, date and time stamps are wrong for shower pics.BBM6

BBM These are mostly what I think may have happened, with comments below. :)

-BBM1- She may have tried the office window initially, wouldn't going through the garage have been noisier? It is possible she left that way if she was still in the office messing about when Enrique got home.

-BBM2- I think she was surprised by Enrique(she didn't know about him at all, was expecting Zach with his usual timeline) and likely had initially hid in the garage(in TA's car?) and fell asleep waiting for the coast to clear.

-BBM3- This is also possibly how TA's cell got downstairs, out of both his reach and his hearing, unless TA had left it there while getting the cleaner and furniture set up.

-BBM4- I don't think JA knew how to operate the floor cleaner since TA bought it May 1rst, after she left Mesa, and I think TA could well have cleaned his floors that morning after Enrique and Zach left and JA was possibly sleeping in his car/garage, putting the gate up to keep Naps upstairs so as not to track all over it and locking the front door so no one would come in and track all over it from there either.

-BBM5- Zach saw him in passing before he left at 11:30 that Thursday morning. The cleaner was still out when Zach came home again after lunch to watch movies with his gf(1:30-2pm) for a couple of hours before they left for the rest of the day, though I'm not sure just when he noticed the banister felt slick(p.8 of the report below). This is when I think she went into action, after they had left which would have been around 4-4:30pm? http://wildabouttrial.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Detective-Flores-Investigation-Report.pdf

-BBM6- I firmly believe the sex pics are from another time, as for the date/time stamps for the shower pics, I think those were possibly off, though maybe not more than an hour.

I also think she probably didn't park in the driveway, I can't see her taking the chance that someone(TA, roommate, neighbour) would see even a rental parked out there(assuming she even knew Zach would be driving a courtesy car), thereby announcing her presence.

The likeliest scenario (pure speculation) is that she arrived around 3, just as she originally told Flores, waited til he went to bed, then went on YouTube and pulled up a video that Travis had mentioned to her before, staging the scene that Travis had waited up for her.

That doesn't fit into what definitely was her plan of making sure she could never be placed in AZ, though...

Naps was barking because JA was lurking in the backyard. TA got up to figure out if there was a problem. Decides there's nothing. Naps quiets down 'cos his dad has reassured him. Naps snuggles up with Dad.

JA comes through the office window and goes to the computer with the intention of putting *advertiser censored* (or something) on there. She doesn't think it can be traced to her because why would it? Besides, any photos/text that could attributed to her she had an excuse for (she had set up this excuse for weeks). Hell, all she needed to do was to return Travis' manuscript infected.

Back to the middle of the night. When she goes to the computer it comes out of sleep and it's at that funky video. (Do we even know whether it was played? Or do we only know that page was opened?) And then there's a problem loading whatever she wants to load, 'cos she's made a mess of the computer. So, she can't in fact sabotage the computer in whatever way she wanted it to.

In short, nothing technological could be traced back to her that night. But she decided this sequence of events would be a useful "staged scene" when she needed a handy lie.

A little experiment:

What did you do 5 days ago? How about 6 days, or 4 days? Can you remember?

I believe Zac had the wrong day!

A little experiment:

What did you do 5 days ago? How about 6 days, or 4 days? Can you remember?

I believe Zac had the wrong day!

It's possible, Zac's recollection of Thursday sure fits my theory for how/why JA did it all between 4:30-6:00pm, except on the Wednesday, though I think Enrique may have been mixed up too.

It is possible Enrique had seen TA early Wednesday morning when he left for work and that all the other changes he noticed when he got home from work were recorded as having happened on Thursday instead of the same day(Wednesday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth