Found Deceased Australia - Karen Chetcuti, 49, Whorouly, Vic, 12 Jan 2016 *Arrest*

pappa rob

Reaction score
She was last seen that night between 5.30pm and 7.30pm at the Whorouly pub. She was there on her own and her demeanour was nothing out of the ordinary.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/h...atta-woman-20160114-gm6e3s.html#ixzz3xJy2YbUA
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
Convicted rapist says he was the last to see Whorouly mother Karen Chetcuti before she disappeared

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/c...isappeared-20160115-gm75dm.html#ixzz3xJyKn3w6
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

Admin - Am I allowed to post the convicted rapists re-appeal document?

Thanks pappa rob for the thread x
There's not much more being said locally than what's in the press - a lot of shock really!
I was wondering how long till Cardamones name was brought in to it, IMO I wonder if that was slipped to the press to pressure him???

Admin - Am I allowed to post the convicted rapists re-appeal document?

I don't know the protocol in this case , Acid, but I found his appeal doc in 11 seconds on Aust Li. Nasty piece of work, and here is the odd thing.. .. right now, this bloke is doing exactly what he did when he was a suspect in the first case, he is winging it, and planting the idea of her whereabouts on his property as far as he is involved already.. 'she came to my house to get some home grown tomato's.. '.... sure, sure.. and uncannily, he saw her car in Myrtleford just before it was torched, apparently.

I hope you do decide to register, Hum..

meanwhile. ... is it fair to say that Karen must have known the background of her neighbour>? She had lived there for 20 years, and in that time, he had been a career criminal ( according to the appeal documents made public) crimes of a particularly personal sort, assault, theft, sexual assault, etc.. it must have concerned her , at the very least , when he moved there after his release from prison just a year ago, a woman living alone with a teenage daughter as well...

I travel a bit between Wangaratta and Bright, and around Everton and Milawa and Gapsted, in the chase for odd wines, with a fixated partner , luckily it is very beautiful country, and filled with interesting places, it is a terrible thing to happen. . .

in case it is relevant.. the weather around Whorouly and Myrtleford was truly awful on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday... hot hot hot , around 38c and up to 39c and 40c and 43c, hot wind, hot nights ..

I don't know the protocol in this case , Acid, but I found his appeal doc in 11 seconds on Aust Li. Nasty piece of work, and here is the odd thing.. .. right now, this bloke is doing exactly what he did when he was a suspect in the first case, he is winging it, and planting the idea of her whereabouts on his property as far as he is involved already.. 'she came to my house to get some home grown tomato's.. '.... sure, sure.. and uncannily, he saw her car in Myrtleford just before it was torched, apparently.
He's not officially been named as a POI, but he's been named as the last to see her, so that's a little blurred... I'm just not sure if it can be posted. I sure want to see it though!
They do infact grow produce, I have no idea what other than cherries, but they do have a large green house. It's definitely a community where people share and care about each other, but I'm a bit suss on that too... He could always go and put tomatoes in her kitchen afterwards IYKWIM!

His seeing her car in Myrt was definitely weird IMO - not saying it didn't happen and if it were near Target it was likely on that street parallel to the main road through Myrtleford. I just kind of think, what are the chances of that happening??? Him being the last to see her (prior to that it was believed that the publicans were the last to see her) and then seeing her car in Myrt!
I would have thought that if she worked in Wang and lived in Whorouly she wouldn't have much to do with Myrt anyway, all of her business would be done in Wang and it's a much bigger town.

I hope you do decide to register, Hum..

meanwhile. ... is it fair to say that Karen must have known the background of her neighbour>? She had lived there for 20 years, and in that time, he had been a career criminal ( according to the appeal documents made public) crimes of a particularly personal sort, assault, theft, sexual assault, etc.. it must have concerned her , at the very least , when he moved there after his release from prison just a year ago, a woman living alone with a teenage daughter as well...

I travel a bit between Wangaratta and Bright, and around Everton and Milawa and Gapsted, in the chase for odd wines, with a fixated partner , luckily it is very beautiful country, and filled with interesting places, it is a terrible thing to happen. . .

I'd imagine so - it's common knowledge that Cardamone is a bad egg, especially bordering on his property and as you say having a daughter! Karen also was a regular at the pub and I'm NOT insinuating anything at all there - it's a small village and she had to go there to get her mail and it's the social hub of the village. AND being that, it's the hub of gossip too of course! So yes I'd think she'd know a lot about his history!

Trooper, I hope you don't miss out on the King Valley? Some fab little wineries through there! You're on the money with Gapsted though, a personal fave! I love some of their quirky wines, actually I love all their wines ;)

in case it is relevant.. the weather around Whorouly and Myrtleford was truly awful on the Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, and Thursday... hot hot hot , around 38c and up to 39c and 40c and 43c, hot wind, hot nights ..

It was horrendously HOT!!! Inside with aircon on only kind of weather! It rained on Wednesday maybe? Just a quick storm and then cooled right down on Thursday - cardigan weather!!

I'll just let people google it then...seems he doesn't like women of "mature age" though

OK, here's a thought....

If in fact Cardamone had anything to do with this... He saw her car in Myrtleford because he left it there - On Wednesday night he saw that the police were at her house (given the border of the properties he could see this) and then he realised he needed to take the car elsewhere and burn it - hence the timing of the burning of the car.

Mr Cardamone said he had invited Ms Chetcuti to his home to collect some tomatoes that he had grown and she was at his property from 8.40pm to 9.15pm on Tuesday.

"When she left here, she took off towards home," he said.

He said the container of tomatoes she had taken was later found on a bench in her home.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/3667762/convicted-rapist-last-to-see-karen-alive/

Sorry if this has already been posted.

Her Facebook page is very public and her most recent photo with her kids is so nice. [emoji20]

Seems odd that she would be caught on the CCTV at Aldi's in Wangaratta, on the Tuesday, then her car seen at Target in Myrtleford on the same night. Why wouldn't she do all her shopping in Wangaratta? . it has a huge Target, and a huge K-mart and a huge Woolworths.. doesn't make sense that she would be going to Myrtleford at all.. a hot night, and late, too, if , as MC says, he asked her to pick tomato's around 9pm...

I think he (MC) is making that stuff up.

Agreed! It makes zero sense!! Unless of course she had a friend near by to visit - but if that were the case, then they would be the last person to see her alive! She works in Wang, does her shopping in Wang - so no need at all to go to Myrt AND absolutely nothing is open there after 9pm on a Tuesday anyway...

Seems odd that she would be caught on the CCTV at Aldi's in Wangaratta, on the Tuesday, then her car seen at Target in Myrtleford on the same night. Why wouldn't she do all her shopping in Wangaratta? . it has a huge Target, and a huge K-mart and a huge Woolworths.. doesn't make sense that she would be going to Myrtleford at all.. a hot night, and late, too, if , as MC says, he asked her to pick tomato's around 9pm...

I think he (MC) is making that stuff up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back