GA - Sharia Lynch, 8, dies of gunshot wound, Paulding County, 17 Oct 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
A Georgia woman lied when she told police her 8-year-old daughter was killed by a bullet from a gun that accidentally discharged after it fell off a table, authorities said Tuesday.

Paulding County sheriff's deputies responded to a call reporting an accidental shooting on Oct. 17 and found a woman suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg and a girl who had been shot in the head.

The woman, 45-year-old Marsha Lynch, told deputies a semi-automatic handgun had fallen from a table and discharged when it hit the ground, sheriff's Sgt. Ashley Henson said in an emailed statement. Lynch said the bullet hit her in the leg and then hit her daughter, Sharia, in the head, Henson said.

As Sharia Lynch was being taken to a life flight helicopter, her condition worsened and the ambulance was rerouted to Wellstar Paulding Hospital. Sharia Lynch died on the way to the hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/authorities-georgia-woman-lied-daughter-died-36385150

The mom lied about the gun falling off the table and going off, then authorities figured out it was her son. Now they think the shooting was accidental even though the gun was working properly.

My thoughts are the kid didn't check to see if the gun was loaded and shot his sister, or he knew it was loaded and shot her intentionality, or maybe he pointed it at her or something in the room and accidentally squeezed he trigger.

Did he mean to shoot the mother and the daughter was in the wrong place?

Whose gun is it?

I can think of so many possibilities.

What a situation to be in. Damn. :(

They aren't saying they think the shooting was accidental. They say they don't actually know the reason why the girl was shot.
Son is charged with involuntary manslaughter (I presume because they don't think they have evidence to prove it was anything more than that).

"At this point, investigators say all they know is the original story they were told is not true, but they don't know and may never know why that semi-automatic handgun was pointed at the young girls head."

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/mother-questioned-about-gun-fell-shot-8-year-old/np7cf/

The mom lied about the gun falling off the table and going off, then authorities figured out it was her son. Now they think the shooting was accidental even though the gun was working properly.

My thoughts are the kid didn't check to see if the gun was loaded and shot his sister, or he knew it was loaded and shot her intentionality, or maybe he pointed it at her or something in the room and accidentally squeezed he trigger.

Did he mean to shoot the mother and the daughter was in the wrong place?

Whose gun is it?

I can think of so many possibilities.

What a situation to be in. Damn. :(

BBM
All of which were so easily avoided.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics