FL - Hugo Alvarez-Vargas, 4 mos, found dead in freezer, Homestead, 17 Jan 2016

Oh no!!!

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A baby boy found dead in a Homestead freezer may have drowned –- either by accident or act of malice -- based on statements his apparently suicidal mother gave.

“I was bathing it and it slipped out of my hands,” Paola Vargas-Ortiz, 37, according to incident reports released Wednesday.

His body was found inside a freezer in a house at 2482 NE 3rd Court in the gated The Isles at Oasis subdivision.

“I asked her to repeat what she had just said due to the high winds,” Bourcier wrote. “She again stated, ‘I need a lawyer.’”

While waiting in an ambulance, Vargas-Ortiz told another deputy the baby was at his father’s house and that the infant drowned.

“Vargas-Ortiz later told [the deputy] that the baby was deceased, inside a freezer, at her father’s house in Homestead,” Bourcier wrote.

She also told police, who rushed her to Fishermen’s Community Hospital in Marathon, that she had ingested rat poison. Deputies found a suicide note with the words “last will” written on it.

A spokeswoman for the state Department of Children and Families said the agency opened a death investigation.

“DCF has no prior history with the family,” she said.

http://www.keysnet.com/2016/01/20/506688/newly-released-reports-indicate.html

The use of 'it' when describing her baby says it all. How sad. RIP little one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"It"? Seriously?!? Maybe trying to distance herself from what happened?

The "it" might mean she's experiencing (postpartum) psychosis. I have a feeling that's what's going on here.

RIP sweet baby.

The use of 'it' when describing her baby says it all. How sad. RIP little one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Makes me question post-partum depression or perhaps a pre-existing mental condition?

Makes me question post-partum depression or perhaps a pre-existing mental condition?

Maybe both.

The most significant risk factors for postpartum psychosis are a personal or family history of bipolar disorder, or a previous psychotic episode.

Of the women who develop a postpartum psychosis, research has suggested that there is approximately a 5% suicide rate and a 4% infanticide rate associated with the illness. This is because the woman experiencing psychosis is experiencing a break from reality. In her psychotic state, the delusions and beliefs make sense to her; they feel very real to her and are often religious. Immediate treatment for a woman going through psychosis is imperative.
http://www.postpartum.net/learn-more/postpartum-psychosis/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back