AK - Track Palin arrested for 4th degree domestic assault

Montjoy

Inactive
Reaction score
...and his mother, onetime Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin, evidently blames the POTUS for her son's actions.

"Track Palin was scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon on charges of fourth-degree assault, interfering with the report of a domestic violence crime and possession of a firearm while intoxicated."

"The oldest of Sarah Palin’s five children, Track allegedly punched his girlfriend in the eye, kicked her in the knee and then held an AR-15 assault rifle near his head, the 22-year-old woman told police who responded to the incident just after 10 p.m. Monday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...n-adult-son-arrested-alaska-article-1.2502319

"In her first speech since her endorsement of GOP 2016 front-runner Donald Trump, the outspoken former Alaska governor accused President Obama of neglecting active military members and returning veterans, suggesting that he was responsible for the litany of legal problems her son Track Palin, who was arrested Monday for domestic assault, currently faces."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...ma-son-track-legal-problems-article-1.2503589

While I don't dispute the fact that military vets receive inadequate care -- something that has been going on for ages -- this story doesn't hold water for wealthy, well-connected families like the Palins. It's a pretty cheap and dirty play, IMO.

[From Paul Rieckhoff, who heads Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA)]: "This is a great opportunity for Sarah Palin to sound the alarm about PTSD," he said. "Now that she has endorsed Mr. Trump, I would encourage her to talk with him about it. Mr. Trump's campaign is pretty light on specifics about what he would do for veterans."

Rieckhoff urged Palin to "resist the urge to politicize" PTSD.

"I hope this doesn't become a portable chew toy in a political campaign," he said.

This was not Track Palin's first brush with the law. Back in 2014 he was involved in a wild brawl at a house party in Anchorage, during which his sister Bristol allegedly punched the host repeatedly in the face. No arrests were made and no charges were filed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/veterans/vets-don-t-blame-obama-track-palin-s-behavior-n500716

If I were rich enough to afford the best medical care available and my son came home from a war with a physical or mental issue, and I was either unsatisfied with the care he had received or believed he might benefit from the additional care I could provide, I would make arrangements to get him that care.

We must all be aware that even the "best care money can buy" can't always guarantee desired results.

If I were rich enough to afford the best medical care available and my son came home from a war with a physical or mental issue, and I was either unsatisfied with the care he had received or believed he might benefit from the additional care I could provide, I would make arrangements to get him that care.

We must all be aware that even the "best care money can buy" can't always guarantee desired results.

Indeed. But if the best care money can buy does not bring results, I don't see how that justifies blaming the POTUS.

But more to the point -- is there any reason to think that this boy has PTSD?

I would humbly submit that the children of politicians generally get pretty safe assignments. But even if he was treated like an ordinary joe, which, again, I highly doubt -- do we have any evidence that he faced the sort of stressful assignments that can give one PTSD?

Also, I have to wonder, what are the rates of PTSD among short-haul vets? I believe that any amount is too high. And I wonder what the rates are for people with access to the sort of mental and physical health care that he had?

This whole story is sorry. If Sarah Palin thinks that PTSD is unavoidable with the sort of real-life mental health care to which her son had access, how could she ever justify sending anyone into combat? Or, alternately, does she think that vets (I'm not sure to what extent 'Track' is a true combat vet -- though he may well be) have a green light to do the sorts of things he did, because they are incurable but necessary?

This is all a very poorly thought out political gambit.

It's exactly what I would expect from her.

I hope he stays far away from his girlfriend.

Indeed. But if the best care money can buy does not bring results, I don't see how that justifies blaming the POTUS.

But more to the point -- is there any reason to think that this boy has PTSD?

I would humbly submit that the children of politicians generally get pretty safe assignments. But even if he was treated like an ordinary joe, which, again, I highly doubt -- do we have any evidence that he faced the sort of stressful assignments that can give one PTSD?

Also, I have to wonder, what are the rates of PTSD among short-haul vets? I believe that any amount is too high. And I wonder what the rates are for people with access to the sort of mental and physical health care that he had?

This whole story is sorry. If Sarah Palin thinks that PTSD is unavoidable with the sort of real-life mental health care to which her son had access, how could she ever justify sending anyone into combat? Or, alternately, does she think that vets (I'm not sure to what extent 'Track' is a true combat vet -- though he may well be) have a green light to do the sorts of things he did, because they are incurable but necessary?

This is all a very poorly thought out political gambit.

If she's going to blame Obama for her son's PTSD I would like to know - has he been diagnosed? Sought treatment? Ordinarily I would say that's not our business, but if she's going to throw it around she needs to explain herself.

I don't want to seem like I'm making light of PTSD, but in this case, IMO, she's trying to use it as both an excuse for her son and an attack on Obama.

I think Track did serve in Iraq for a year or two and then joined the reserves. People have different thresholds for traumatic experiences and I would never say only combat vets get PTSD. He may very well have it. (If he does? Thank you for broadcasting his private mental health issues Mrs. Palin.)

I don't want to seem like I'm making light of PTSD, but in this case, IMO, she's trying to use it as both an excuse for her son and an attack on Obama.

rsbm

I'm not sure what I think is worse. I can understand a politician using whatever s/he has to score points, but I think it's pretty shameful to use politics to justify a soldier beating his wife.

On the other hand, I completely understand a mother trying to protect her son. But I can't stomach someone using a political event to try to minimize the physical violence her military trained son did to his wife.

Either way, it's a truly shameful display. Just...no. I feel only anger and distrust for anyone who salutes the 'flag' that Palin has put up here.

rsbm

I'm not sure what I think is worse. I can understand a politician using whatever s/he has to score points, but I think it's pretty shameful to use politics to justify a soldier beating his wife.

On the other hand, I completely understand a mother trying to protect her son. But I can't stomach someone using a political event to try to minimize the physical violence her military trained son did to his wife.

Either way, it's a truly shameful display. Just...no. I feel only anger and distrust for anyone who salutes the 'flag' that Palin has put up here.

I'm angry too. This takes three of my biggest personal concerns and places them under the dysfunctional umbrella of Sarah Palin and and I want to scream.

It's exactly what I would expect from her.

I hope he stays far away from his girlfriend.

I hope she never has to see him again. I don't know what is worth being punched in the eye, kicked in the knee, and then having a family justify the acts because they want to score a political point.

I hope she never has to see him again. I don't know what is worth being punched in the eye, kicked in the knee, and then having a family justify the acts because they want to score a political point.

Nothing, but it's not always simple. She needs support and help facing a powerful enemy. I don't know what the laws are like in Alaska, and who knows what he's done to her sense of self-worth. It won't be easy.

I don't have anything to say that you all haven't already said.

Bristol Palin punched someone repeatedly in the face at a house party. Was that when she was pregnant again or right before?

This entire family seems to have "issues". Having read a book about Sara's bizarre behaviors during John McCain's run for the presidency, there was most definitely something wrong with her. (Sorry I can't remember the name of the book. It was written by the campaign worker who was assigned to "babysit" her.)

The only good thing to come of Sara's reappearance on the political scene is that we may see Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live once again.

This family's a gift that keeps on giving. The PSTD is just an excuse for more of the ridicules behavior that the family's got away with for as long as I've heard of them. I wonder what kind of spin they'll put on it. With my two favorite "head" spinning masters, Sarah, and the Donald that is..

I feel awful for his girlfriend (I hope ex-girlfriend soon). She's the victim here, not Track or Sarah, and her pain is being used for political gain. She's just another tool Mrs. Palin is using, the same way she uses immigration or gun control to attack the Democrats. Victims feel enough shame without having their situations shared with millions of people. GAH. Could this family be any more selfish and irresponsible?

Palin wants people to feel bad for her son and angry at Obama and no one needs to care about anyone else.

The whole family is nothing but a bunch of lowlives. It was apparent to me the moment they first entered the national arena and were the focus of some background checking.

The whole family is nothing but a bunch of lowlives. It was apparent to me the moment they first entered the national arena and were the focus of some background checking.

When I lived in the Chicago area we used to call them alewives. They'd float up on the beach and make the place stink to high heaven. Now this kind of smell is placing in the poles. If the Donald names her his running mate it's going to give a whole new meaning to the word "Vice President".. It smells just typing this $#!t..

If I'm not mistaken, Track was "hardened" before joining the military. In fact, I believe the choice to join the military wasn't exactly his choice but rather presented to him as a better option than jail.

And I agree, why oh why would you claim how difficult his military service was on him while at the same time suggesting that the rest of us send our own sons to "kick some ISIS A$$?"

What do we have to do to make these people go away and stay away? Thanks McCain and Trump - thanks a LOT!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back