Edward Wayne Edwards

EntreNous

Reaction score
Cold case expert, John Cameron states he believes Edward Wayne Edwards may be responsible for the murder of Theresa Halbach, not Steven Avery. Further, he believes he may also be responsible for the deaths of Stevie, Michael and Christopher. Here's a link to the article... http://www.someecards.com/entertain...hinks-teresa-halbach-killed-by-serial-killer/

In the article he states that Edwards was caught in the background during one of the Paradise Lost docs. Here's a link to that segment here... [video=youtube;VvEu9Zl2U_I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvEu9Zl2U_I[/video]

This is the first I've ever heard of Edwards. Has he been discussed here before? Several experts believe him to be a possible suspect in the Zodiac murders and others. It seemed awfully far fetched to me until I went back and saw him in both places. This truly sent chills up my spine. Any thoughts on this guy?

Wow, are people really taking this seriously?

This has been around for a while, way before Steven Avery. Basically, some guy conjured up this ridiculous theory that the guy in the background in PL1 (when JMB and MB visit CB's grave) is pretty much responsible for like every single unsolved murder, in addition to the WM3 murders -- now, it looks like he's decided to throw in the Steve Avery murder, too -- I mean, why not?

I really hope people aren't this gullible.

Yes Entrenous, I my humble self brought Eddy up on page 24 post #347 of the "TH viable suspect thread" and he was referred to in posts, #350, #351, and #352.

http://coldcasecameron.com/killers-timeline/1990-1999/

In #352, Compassionate Reader suggested someone with an original of PL should take a look to see if the scenes existed, or had been cut in later by some higher force. It was a good idea, but that's sadly , where the discussion ended.

So these are all the same guy?
5e5eb2fc3148662d781c6ed95cc21d2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidently, Dragonweiss, if being old, heavy, white, and male make you the same guy.

Seriously though, every single one of those men look completely different than the other -- but why let logic get in the way of a good conspiracy theory?

I can tell you that two of them, in fact, are the same guy. But I'm with you, I'm not buying it.

Besides, even if they are all the same guy, that doesn't actually mean anything. I tried to research this guy and it just seems like the "original sources" don't exist. The timing is WAY off for some of it and what little info there is... It's vague at best.

Yeah, the premise in and of itself is utterly ridiculous. This one old man is responsible for biggest unsolved murders in American history: the Zodiac, Jon Benet Ramsay, West Memphis Three, now this Avery thing (I'm probably missing more, but you get the idea). The garbage people buy into sometimes simply amazes me.

the last picture is, i believe, Steve Avery's father. same nose on the two on the left. just taken at different angles and apparent weight gain. i remember the clip in PL and thinking it was odd the camera cut away to the man watching them.

in fairness, hes' not just some innocent old man. he was a convicted serial killer and lived an hour away from Steve Avery at the time of Theresa Halbach's murder. i watched an episode of To Tell The Truth game show that he was a guest on. during the time he appeared on the show he was continuing to murder people but posing as being redeemed. he's definitely creepy.

Two on the left are the same. I'm on the fence about being the dad because there's footage of him the same day in the same hallway wearing a coat and, if I recall a not a blue anything under it. And while it may be/is/was strange. I don't understand how making the leap that a serial killer was in a documentaries about murders means he killed the people. I mean I'd have to think people like that would be capable of being fascinated by others. I mean we are, right? I'm not a serial killer or singular, for that matter. I just think it's a stretch.

I also have really cold hands and apparently type horribly.

userid, while you are entitled to your opinion you can deliver them civilly. there's no need to attack. this is a forum for discussion. if you don't like a thread you don't have to participate, but if you choose to there's no need to belittle.

i totally understand your point but ed edwards IS a convicted serial killer.

He absolutely is. And he confessed too some near the end. And also was quoted to want to be famous. Which makes me wonder, wouldn't he be more likely to have confessed to those more widely known crimes?

userid, while you are entitled to your opinion you can deliver them civilly. there's no need to attack. this is a forum for discussion. if you don't like a thread you don't have to participate, but if you choose to there's no need to belittle.

I've been "attacked" the same way, and by you I might add -- so please heed your own advice.

Ed Edwards is a convicted serial killer, but that doesn't make any of these over-the-moon claims any more credible. People just like to take a story of man in a governmental role who had a history of covering up murders, and run wildly with it. This is an honest question here: do you actually believe that all of these crimes (Jon Benet, all of the Zodiac killings, WM3, now Steve Avery, I'm probably leaving something out, etc.) were committed by one guy, who was in his 60's, 70's and even 80's during some of them?

With all due respect, Cameron seems untethered to reality. He claims Edwards is responsible for killing (among hundreds more):

Elizabeth Short (Black Dahlia)
Jimmy Hoffa
Michael Moore, Steve Branch, and Chris Byers (WM3 victims)
Adam Walsh
JonBenet Ramsey
Laci Peterson
Chandra Levy
Teresa Halbach (Making a Murderer; Steven Avery)

He also claims Edwards is the real Zodiac killer, the real Atlanta child killer, the person who sent anthrax to Congress in 2001, etc., etc., etc.

He seems to believe that Edwards single-handedly impacted the national crime statistics based on whether or not he was in prison at any given time (as per this screencap from Cameron's site). He seems to believe he can divine hidden messages that reveal Edwards' name and clues about his previous murders; and he often relies on bizarre numerology to bolster many of these claims (link).

Even ignoring how absurdly far-fetched all of this is, the real issue is that Cameron doesn't seem to offer even a shred of actual evidence to back any of this up. It's just a never-ending train of unsupported assertions. He makes very specific claims about what Edwards did throughout his life, who he supposedly killed, who he tried to frame, etc. He attributes dozens of letters and ciphers to Edwards, and more recently, multiple "confessional" websites, blog posts, and various online forum comments - all without offering any real evidence to support these claims.

In short, I find all of this to be totally unconvincing on every level. Without any actual evidence, there doesn't seem to be much reason to take it seriously, IMO.

^ Exactly....the guy is either delusional, money-hungry, attention-deprived, or all of the above. To even suggest one man is responsible for all of those murders with a straight face is utterly beyond me.

^ Exactly....the guy is either delusional, money-hungry, attention-deprived, or all of the above. To even suggest one man is responsible for all of those murders with a straight face is utterly beyond me.

I read Cameron's theory on his webpage, it's pretty farfetched to say the least. Edward Wayne Edwards was photographed with the Black Dahlia hours before her disappearance, though. He is definitely the man in Paradise Lost bc his daughter identified him. Edwards posted a BUNCH online about crimes, though, and was somewhat of an enthusiast. He wrote a book called "Metamorphosis of a Criminal"....I read part of it and it's really interesting! ! He did confess to several murders before his death, I'm not sure he wasn't just a crime enthusiast who wanted fame, though.

Edward Wayne Edwards was photographed with the Black Dahlia hours before her disappearance, though.

Yeah, maybe according to Cameron - but is there any actual evidence or independent witnesses to corroborate this claim? From Cameron's own website, he claims that the police at the time were unable to identify the person in the picture, but somehow he was able to figure it out 70+ years later? I guess it's possible, but it seems far more likely that Cameron is just blowing hot air here and making yet more unsubstantiated claims.

He is definitely the man in Paradise Lost bc his daughter identified him.

"Definitely"? Really? In that case can you point to something more substantial than just Cameron claiming that the daughter identified him? Furthermore, even if it were true that Cameron were reporting the daughter's identification accurately (of which I am very skeptical), it's certainly possible that she was mistaken or lying herself, right? A second or third-hand claim, with no corroborating evidence, is not really sufficient to declare something definitive, IMO.

Not to mention that, according to Cameron, the person in the Paradise lost scene was "wearing large glasses, a hat and a fake beard, looking like Santa Clause". Presumably he says this in an attempt to explain away the dissimilarities between that person and Edwards, but I'd say that makes it even less likely that his claim is true and more likely it was just some guy who looks like Santa Clause.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back