GUILTY AR - Firefighter Ronald Adams, 29, shot to death on medical call, 22 Jan 2016

WTH?? Was anyone at the home actually needing medical care or was the freighter ambushed? Was it a personal attack or did Pruitt just want to shoot whomever was first through the door?

WTH?? Was anyone at the home actually needing medical care or was the freighter ambushed? Was it a personal attack or did Pruitt just want to shoot whomever was first through the door?

He thought he was an intruder.

Pruitt was having a seizure, 911 was called, Adams arrived not in uniform and Pruitt thought he was breaking in.

He thought he was an intruder.

Pruitt was having a seizure, 911 was called, Adams arrived not in uniform and Pruitt thought he was breaking in.

At least they arrested this one. Recently a guy killed his son, and a woman killed her daughter, mistaking them for intruders. No arrests. So it would appear you can kill your relatives with impunity. People shoot first, ask questions later. Should someone who has seizures (assuming this guy had seizures previously) even be allowed to have a gun?

So, did Pruitt who was having a seizure call 911 for the seizure? The link told me it was busy, to come back later, so I need to get this straight.

If Pruitt called for help and someone came, WHY in 'ell would his first thought be an intruder? This ain't making any sense to me.

So, did Pruitt who was having a seizure call 911 for the seizure? The link told me it was busy, to come back later, so I need to get this straight.

If Pruitt called for help and someone came, WHY in 'ell would his first thought be an intruder? This ain't making any sense to me.

His wife called 911, not him.

OMG!
http://www.firefighterclosecalls.com/
Friday, January 22, 2016* As you know, an Arkansas Firefighter (Lt Jason Adams, 29) was shot and killed in the Line of Duty this morning. Even more tragic is that*he was mistaken as being an intruder*while inside to assist with a medical emergency this morning.*Additionally, reports are that one of the first responding ALS providers was Lt Adam's own wife.

Mark Pruitt found competent to stand trial for death of Ark. firefighter - December 1st

Judge Barry Sims has ruled that Mark Pruitt is competent to stand trial for the murder of firefighter Ronald Jason Adams.

Pruitt's trial has been set for Tuesday, April 11. He is being held without bond at the Pulaski County jail.

Report: Man accused of killing firefighter had high level of cocaine in system - November 15th

But a mental evaluation report obtained by Channel 7 News Monday shows a different story of that day. The report shows Pruitt had cocaine in his system on the day of the incident.

"It should be noted that cocaine cannot be detected, in the blood, more than six hours after usage," the examiner wrote.

The report also shows police found cocaine residue on a piece of cellophane in Pruitt's kitchen, which the examiner wrote "provides evidence to suggest that he had used cocaine within a few hours of the alleged offense."

Pruitt also reportedly told an examiner at the state hospital that he was using cocaine three to four times a week before the incident.

Trial set for North Little Rock man in firefighter's shooting

One year after firefighter's death, family welcomes new baby - January 23rd

http://katv.com/news/local/one-year-after-firefighters-death-family-welcomes-new-baby

Sunday marked one year since East Pulaski volunteer firefighter Lieutenant Jason Adams was shot and killed while responding to a call. On Monday his mother went to his graveside to hang a flag and honor his life.

The family says it's still hard to make sense of what happened. A grief no mother should feel; Phylis Stroud has been through twice. Adams rests beside his sister Tamara.

"We had our little baby Grace born this morning. 8:10 this morning and she would be Jason's little niece from his youngest sister,” Stroud said.

One year after his death, Stroud says it's just what the family needed.

"That God took a life home, but God also gave us a new life. I mean that's really how I feel. He brought joy with a new life for us. And hopefully this can be a new beginning for the family to heal and try to find some type of closure with this,” Stroud said.

North Little Rock man accused in death of fireman appears in court; trial set for April

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/mar/13/north-little-rock-man-accused-death-fireman-appear/?print

The North Little Rock man accused of killing a volunteer firefighter who was coming to his aid last year appeared in court Monday to tie up loose ends before his April trial.

Mark Eugene Pruitt, 48, appeared in Judge Barry Sims’ courtroom Monday morning on a charge of manslaughter in the death of 29-year-old Ronald Jason Adams, a volunteer firefighter with the East Pulaski department and a lieutenant for the Sherwood Fire Department, the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette previously reported. Pruitt could face up to 10 years imprisonment if convicted.

At Pruitt’s brief court appearance, another report date was scheduled for April 6, five days before his trial is set to begin. Pruitt’s defense counsel also informed the judge that they have three witnesses they are planning to call who they need to disclose to prosecuting attorney John Johnson.

From last week:

North Little Rock man pleads guilty in fatal shooting of firefighter, apologizes to family

http://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2017/mar/30/man-pleads-guilty-fatal-shooting-arkansas-firefigh/

Mark Eugene Pruitt, 49, pleaded guilty Thursday morning in Pulaski County Circuit Judge Barry Sims’ courtroom Thursday morning. The hearing came a little less than two weeks before Pruitt's jury trial was set to begin. The judge sentenced him to eight years in prison with some credit for the time he has already spent in jail.

Adams’ family members, his fiancé and a few officials from the Sherwood Fire Department sat clustered together Thursday in the front two rows of courtroom waiting for Pruitt to stand before the judge. Before he did, Prosecuting Attorney John Johnson told the group that they should prepare for Pruitt to address them and say he was sorry.

After entering his plea, Pruitt, clad in an orange Pulaski County jail jumpsuit, turned to face Adams’ relatives and told them he’d like to apologize “from the bottom of my heart.” He repeated he was sorry, adding that he had “never hurt anybody before.”

After leaving the courtroom, Adams’ fiancé and career firefighter Jeannie DeMeyere said she learned of the plea deal 24 hours ago and is thankful they will be “spared the trauma” of going through a jury trial.

Adams’ mother, Phylis Stroud, seconded that sentiment, saying she’s very glad the ordeal is over.

“We can more forward, hopefully,” Stroud said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back