Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Jamaica Me Crazy said:
I'm wondering if he was referring to Vilt since we were told it was an extended family member that hired Klein.

Wasn't Vilt working for free?

CoverMeCagney said:
Isaac only confirmed that DeOrr was at the campground. He did not say when this was, but it must have either been Thursday night when they arrived at 9:30, during the night, Friday morning before the family went to the store, or Friday afternoon when they came back and DeOrr went missing.

• If he only saw him on Thursday night something must have happened overnight.
  • If he saw him Friday morning maybe something happened on the trip to the store
  • If he saw him Friday afternoon just minutes before he vanished, and just an hour before LE were called, then something happened very quickly. If that's the case and Deorr's body was removed from the campground it can only have been when DK "hauled up the road".
He's surprised the parents are suspects so must have believed the other theories, if the parents are involved they hid it well. I wonder why he allegedly didn't help search though? That bugs me. I'd be very interested to know more about that, and whether he helped for the next day or two.

Still carching up, but I was surprised when IR corrected Nate's "so you only knew them for hours?" by saying "days" (paraphrase)

Days? They spent DAYS together prior to DeOrr's disappearance? What day DID the parents arrive?

I am intrigued.

There are some awesome posters here! :happydance:

Still carching up, but I was surprised when IR corrected Nate's "so you only knew them for hours?" by saying "days" (paraphrase)

Days? They spent DAYS together prior to DeOrr's disappearance? What day DID the parents arrive?

I am intrigued.

I could be wrong but I took that to mean days including before and after little DeOrr went missing (as in Thursday plus Friday = days). I too think IR is perhaps somewhat challenged (IMO as I am not a qualified Dr) and a simple question (to us) could easily be misunderstood by him (bless him).

Some media links from today to get things started.

Father of missing Deorr Kunz Jr. hires attorney
By Chelsea Brentzel Local News 8
Published On: Jan 25 2016 11:13:47 PM CST Updated On: Jan 26 2016 11:20:50 AM CST

Deorr Kunz Sr. has hired an attorney, after being name a suspect in his son's disappearance by the Lemhi County Sheriff's Office.

Local News 8 has learned that the toddler's mother, Jessica Mitchell has not hired an attorney at this time.

Updated at 12:13 pm, January 26th, 2016 By: Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
Video and transcript at link.
Isaac Reinwand, the friend camping with DeOrr Kunz Jr. and his family the day the then two-year-old boy disappeared is speaking out for the first time.

Criminal defense attorney Allen Browning appeared on The Neal Larson Show after Lemhi Sheriff Lynn Bowerman named DeOrr Kunz Sr. and Jessica Mitchell as the main suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr.’s disappearance last summer near Leadore. Browning is DeOrr Kunz Sr.’s attorney.

I've searched and searched, so forgive me if I'm missing this. I'm another who agrees the whole dad speeding away to call 911 is odd, and the idea that there was a sighting of dirty baby Deorr and dad later throws me every time too. Has his 911 call ever been released? I've listened to hers, but I've never found his. I'm interested in hearing it, and also in why it wasn't released (assuming it wasn't).

I've searched and searched, so forgive me if I'm missing this. I'm another who agrees the whole dad speeding away to call 911 is odd, and the idea that there was a sighting of dirty baby Deorr and dad later throws me every time too. Has his 911 call ever been released? I've listened to hers, but I've never found his. I'm interested in hearing it, and also in why it wasn't released (assuming it wasn't).

Hiya
DeOrr Sr's 911 call hasn't been released publicly yet (if it will be at all) and nor has another 911 call that was also made.
HTH

I could be wrong but I took that to mean days including before and after little DeOrr went missing (as in Thursday plus Friday = days). I too think IR is perhaps somewhat challenged (IMO as I am not a qualified Dr) and a simple question (to us) could easily be misunderstood by him (bless him).

I know :( I felt bad for him. (BBM)

Hiya
DeOrr Sr's 911 call hasn't been released publicly yet (if it will be at all) and nor has another 911 call that was also made.
HTH
I wonder why. Do we know who the other was made by? That's the first I've heard of it, though I've only just joined WS lately and jumped on this case in the last week. It's easy to miss things when you're so late to the party and catching up! Thanks!
(Eta: I just realized how tacky "late to the party" sounded. I meant it like search party. I swear I'm not a jerk)

Um, yeah his lawyer is mistaken. I, like many other members of the public, helped pay for the PI. That is no secret at all. His lawyer has either made some assumptions that are untrue or he is spinning. (Gasp)Now what lawyer would do that? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed ... the Lawyer got that wrong.

<modsnip> 7 months later we are still trying to sort it out , and it is ironic that Isaac Reinwand who was at the center of the flames is the only one who looks reasonably innocent in the case.

Unfortunately this missing child case has become like a Jerry Springer show on afternoon TV and none of it has contributed to finding the child. Hopefully that improves from now on. Thank you.

You can hear pieces of it in the background of Jessica's 911 call. It has never been released, but I think somebody said it was just very short and not much there.

IMO there is no connection between him speeding off to make the call and the rumor that the clerk in the store saw a man with a dirty, crying baby. The timing just doesn't fit. IMO...The comment about the dirty, crying baby was just DK trying to distract people from the truth in the strange, rambling interview.

That's what I thought... What am I missing here? :thinking:

I believe he was working for his expenses only - or so my brain is telling me. Until I pop back with a link though this is IMO.

I definitely could see that, yes.

But there was something about IR correcting Nate, rather than IR making a statement and Nate saying "um, did you mean A or B?" And IR replying "oh! B, right, I meant B, not A".

Sorry for this mess of a post. Long day and still catching up, but that one tiny thing is the only part of the interview that made me say "Huh? Come again?"

Yes, I heard a bit of him! Thanks for that. I wish they would release it... Gives me something to obsess over. I'm sure you're right that there's probably nothing to the claim about him being at the store again later, but it just sticks in my head and creates this weird theory that I can't shake, and that I like so little I wouldn't ever share it. Lol. I guess I'll have to move on. I so hope that all of this hype is for good reason and they truly have some evidence they're withholding.

oops. Sorry this was in response to claireNC. I'm having some issues getting my tablet to function properly right now on here!

You can hear pieces of it in the background of Jessica's 911 call. It has never been released, but I think somebody said it was just very short and not much there.

IMO there is no connection between him speeding off to make the call and the rumor that the clerk in the store saw a man with a dirty, crying baby. The timing just doesn't fit. IMO...The comment about the dirty, crying baby was just DK trying to distract people from the truth in the strange, rambling interview.

So he drove up the road by the resevoir to call 911 because he didnt think Jessica would get a signal and wanted to make sure that the call went through? And then when he called she was already on the line with 911 right? I guess I am just confirming that was the sequence of events right?

So he drove up the road by the resevoir to call 911 because he didnt think Jessica would get a signal and wanted to make sure that the call went through? And then when he called she was already on the line with 911 right? I guess I am just confirming that was the sequence of events right?

Correctamundo!

Just for my own little theory here, was anything else ever said about that sighting at the store later that was mentioned in the first interview? As in, did they ever mention looking into it? I've seen nothing on that aside from what little was said in that interview.

This debate on IR is exactly the reason he has not wanted public exposure. IMO

Is his work fixing bikes and giving them to others through an agency that helps the disabled have a productive day? It really doesn't matter to me! I am just pointing out that I doubt it's a job like you and I had to go through an interview process.
He is working, doing something productive and that is the most important thing in his life.

His medical history is none of our business! To the majority of people, after talking or listening to him for a few minutes, it is evident there is a problem. This does not give us any reason to condemn him as he is doing the best he can.

I bet he and his lawyer have been working many hours to get his confidence up to be able to talk about what happened. He was expecting to talk with LE, a grand jury, give a deposition, and a trial. An interview on television was not in their plans. He came out quite confident and positive of his answers. A pat on the back and GOOD JOB!

My opinions only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member