GUILTY PA - Jean Tuggy, 60, murdered, Pine Grove Mills, 21 Jan 2016 *arrest in 2021*

Richrd

Ten Year Member
Reaction score
So sorry to hear of Jean's death. We were good friends a number of years ago, and she was just a dear sweet Christian lady. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill her. I'd heard that there had been some trouble in her marriage recently (she'd been married a long time - about 35 years or so), and that they'd separated a while back -- last summer, I think. But it's my understanding that the husband is not considered a suspect.

$5,000 Reward

Homicide of School Bus Driver - Center County - 21 Jan 2016

Decedent:

Jean L. Tuggy
:: White / Female / 60 Years Old

Center County is in Central, PA.

Day Thirty

Tue., Feb. 9th: State-College.Com©:

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/reward-upped-to-5000-in-jean-tuggy-murder-case,1466855/:

"...estranged husband was looked at,
but has been ruled out as a suspect, at this time."

Cause of Death :: Gun Shot Wound to Head

Manner of Death :: Homicide

Reward:

tips@centrecountycrimestoppers.org

Our Special Thanks To Jean's
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Supporters.

Homicide of School Bus Driver - Center County - 21 Jan 2016

Decedent:

Jean (Lamb) Tuggy
:: White / Female / 60 Years Old

Tuggy

Jean (Lamb) Tuggy ::: 1955 - 2016

Center County is in Central, PA.

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/article58890193.html

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/news/crime_courts/article_52adbf98-da8b-11e5-af29-db67dfedc004.html

http://www.lockhaven.com/page/content.detail/id/582798.html:

No Signs of Forced Entry

http://wjactv.com/news/local/document-reveals-more-on-death-of-centre-co-woman

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/reward-upped-to-5000-in-jean-tuggy-murder-case,1466855/:

"...estranged husband was looked at,
but has been ruled out as a suspect, at this time."

Cause of Death :: Gun Shot Wound to Face

Manner of Death :: Homicide

Reward:

tips@centrecountycrimestoppers.org

Our Special Thanks To Jean's
On-Line, Spiritual, & In-Person Supporters.

Family doesn’t know anyone who would have 'a shred of personal vendetta against her'

http://www.centredaily.com/news/local/crime/article128118919.html

There was no sign of forced entry to the home, and robbery did not appear to be a motive, police said.

Since then, Tuggy’s case remains up in the air — her death unsolved, her perpetrator uncaught.

About 100 interviews were conducted, police said, along with examinations of cellphone and social media records in the months following the incident.

“But to date, none of these efforts have resulted in sufficient information leading to an identification of the perpetrator,” police said. “The case remains open and active and police remain hopeful that new information will result in a break in the case.”

On Thursday, District Attorney Stacy Parks Miller said that while it is frustrating to not have an answer yet, law enforcement will not stop until they solve the case. There have been no new developments, she said, but the county continues to treat it as a top priority.

“We haven’t given up hope,” she said. “Sometimes it just takes the smallest thing. These kinds of cases are sometimes solved in the strangest ways.”

Tuggy’s son, James, said Saturday that the Tuggy family doesn’t know anyone who would have even “a shred of personal vendetta against her,” adding he doesn’t believe it was a home invasion with the intent to steal.

One Year Later, Police Continue to Investigate Murder of Jean Tuggy

It's been almost 2 years, dear old friend. I woke up this morning thinking of you, our times together, decades ago, when we were neighbors and good friends. You were always such a pure soul, open and loving, kindhearted, a wonderful mother. I never heard you say an unkind thing about anybody, even when the occasion warranted.

I know you're in a better place, with the Savior you love so much.

I'm praying that the person responsible for your death will be brought to justice. That he will be filled with remorse and go to police and confess. It won't bring you back. It won't ease the pain that he brought to your dear parents and your children. But it will save his soul, and ease the torment he must have been living with these two years.

Dear Jeannie -- your sweet father passed away two days ago -- April 16. I guess you know that -- you're together now. I was thinking of you a lot a couple weeks ago. Still angry that your life was taken, and that your murderer hasn't been brought to justice. He will be -- I hope it is in this life, for his sake. I pray for your 3 children. I can't imagine how painful this has been for them.

What a sad case this is. Such a long time has gone by, but hoping for updates and closure for the family. Jeannie sounds like a very lovely woman.

State College, PA - 3 Year's After Jean Tuggy's Murder, Police Issue New Call for Public's Help -
Three years after Tuggy's death, police are still looking for her killer and, with new detectives on the case, they're asking for help from anyone who knew her or who may have information about her.

"Any knowledge about the victim in this case and any information could be helpful," Det. Caleb Clouse said in a news release. "We're asking the public not to assume that we have all of the information we need."

There may be new clues in a Centre County murder mystery that dates back to 2016. Police are not commenting, but a new search warrant in the case points to possible new information.

Last year, Ferguson Township police announced the formation of a cold case investigative unit. Among their cases was the murder of Jean Tuggy, who was found dead in her Pine Grove Mills home in January of 2016. A new court filling indicates there may be a new lead in the case.

New information was revealed in a search warrant filed by Ferguson Township police.

It says the day before Tuggy's death, a stranger wearing dark clothes and a hood was seen near her home and walking by several times.

A Centre Area Transportation Authority bus drove by at the same time the person was spotted.

Police checked with CATA for passenger information stored on a hard drive in the bus's fare box.

Twenty-nine of the passengers used the Penn State ride.

The search warrant was filed with Penn State Transportation Services Offices in hopes of obtaining more information about those passengers and potential witnesses in the case.

Ferguson Township police declined to comment about the search warrant or if has led to any new information.

6 News spoke with people who still live in the neighborhood where Tuggy lived.

They say the murder has changed that neighborhood forever, a neighborhood where people could once go to bed with the doors unlocked.

But after January 2016, that doesn’t happen there anymore.
Possible new clues in 2016 Centre County murder mystery

[It says the day before Tuggy's death, a stranger wearing dark clothes and a hood was seen near her home and walking by several times.

Possible new clues in 2016 Centre County murder mystery[/QUOTE]

Just now saw this posting and this story. Someone contacted me back about that time regarding Jean. They were trying to file to reopen the case. I don't remember how they got my contact info.

But I will say this. No one would have had a motive to stalk and kill Jeannie, other than something to do with the breakup of her marriage. She had no guile. She was open and sweet with everyone.

Her mother has now passed away. She called me when Jeannie died. And she'd call me occasionally to talk. I think she was pretty sure who did it, but she didn't want to put her thoughts into words.

Christopher Gordon Kowalski, 34, was arrested Monday in Isle of Palms, South Carolina, where he moved shortly after the crime. He remained Tuesday morning in the Charleston County Jail, awaiting extradition to Pennsylvania on a fugitive warrant for murder.

Kowalski is accused of fatally shooting Jeannie Lamb Tuggy, 60, in her Pine Grove Mills home on Jan. 21, 2016. Investigators from the Office of the Attorney General and the Ferguson Township Police Department believe the younger man killed Tuggy after she spurned his advances.

The pair had worked together at Wegmans in State College. Tuggy left that job in 2014 due to health issues.

Pennsylvania man charged in brutal 2016 killing of school bus driver, former grocery co-worker

“Jean died more than five years ago and her family has not had closure since,” said Shapiro in a release. “Thanks to the diligent efforts of our lawyers, investigators, and fellow members of law enforcement who never gave up on this case, the arrest of Christopher Kowalski is the first step toward putting her murderer behind bars. The Tuggy family has waited too long for justice, but we hope this news helps them heal.”

The release said Kowalski, a former coworker of the victim, was viewed as a potential suspect during the investigation, which revealed that he was romantically interested in Tuggy. Investigators also learned that Kowalski owned a 9mm pistol that he later sold. Law enforcement, according to the release, tracked down the gun, and an examination revealed it had many of the same traits as the murder weapon.
South Carolina Man Arrested In 2016 Cold Case Murder Of Pennsylvania Woman

“Jean died more than five years ago and her family has not had closure since,” said Shapiro in a release. “Thanks to the diligent efforts of our lawyers, investigators, and fellow members of law enforcement who never gave up on this case, the arrest of Christopher Kowalski is the first step toward putting her murderer behind bars. The Tuggy family has waited too long for justice, but we hope this news helps them heal.”

The release said Kowalski, a former coworker of the victim, was viewed as a potential suspect during the investigation, which revealed that he was romantically interested in Tuggy. Investigators also learned that Kowalski owned a 9mm pistol that he later sold. Law enforcement, according to the release, tracked down the gun, and an examination revealed it had many of the same traits as the murder weapon.
South Carolina Man Arrested In 2016 Cold Case Murder Of Pennsylvania Woman
You are my lucky member. 88888 Crazy crazy eights! ❤️

The trial for the man charged in the 2016 killing of a Pine Grove Mills woman is set to begin Monday, the latest chapter in one of Centre County’s most high-profile cases of the past decade.

Christopher Kowalski, 35, was arrested in February 2021 after telling investigators he killed Jean Tuggy, 60, inside her home because he was “depressed, down and hopeless.”

Kowalski said he killed Tuggy because she was an “easy target,” investigators wrote in an affidavit of probable cause. Ferguson Township police detective Caleb Clouse testified during a preliminary hearing that Kowalski said he killed Tuggy “in cold blood.”

Dear friend, your killer has been convicted and sentenced to life in prison with no chance of parole. I'm thankful for that law enforcement person who picked up your case and pursued it until he found the murderer. I'm thankful that your children can now have some measure of closure.

I have been thinking about you recently. Our trips together, where we would chat for hours. Our morning exercise sessions. The world has lost a pure soul. Rest in peace, sweat Jeannie, I'll see you on the other side.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin
Back