CA CA - Wilmington, WhtMale 1155UMCA, 17-25, off Terminal Island Freeway, Feb'73

Springrain

Who was she? Pregnant & stabbed to death
Reaction score
Forgive me if there is already a thread for this John Doe. I could not find one and this is such a tragic case.
I found a bit about him on "The unidentified and possible missing victims of Randy Kraft" but I thought it would be good if he had his own thread. If there is already one, please delete! :)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1155umca.html

Date of Discovery: February 6, 1973 Location of Discovery: Wilmington, Los Angeles County, California
Estimated Date of Death: 1-2 days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide by strangulation

Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate
Estimated Age: 17-25 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'7" to 5'8"
Weight: 138-143 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Numerous thin, old scars on his lower right leg. He has Type "A" blood.

Dentals: Available.
Fingerprints: Available.
DNA: Not available.
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: None.

Jewelry: None.

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

The victim was found nude in a ditch beside the Terminal Island Freeway at the Pacific Coast Highway. He is believed to be a victim of serial-killer Randy Kraft.

Here's the NamUs link, no rule-outs listed:

https://identifyus.org/cases/4465

Carl's reconstruction of Wilmington John Doe:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1450146_655030357861066_1153662014_n.jpg
    1450146_655030357861066_1153662014_n.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 368
Oh great! Sometimes I forget if I saw a post here or saw it on doe.

No, there wasn't. He was discussed on the Randy Kraft UID victims thread, but he didn't have his own thread until now. Thanks Springrain

He has fingerprints and dentals available--no DNA.

I heard that all of Los Angeles County's UIDs are cremated, although I can't source that, but if that's the case, then it seems there's no way to salvage his DNA unfortunately :( we just really have to hope that a missing person matches with dentals or fingerprints...but DNA is the most common identifier...

It's not impossible to get DNA even if the body was cremated. Obviously they can't get a sample from the body but in a homicide investigation, they typically save physical evidence which could include clothing that might have blood or hair samples.

Obviously that doesn't help this UID who was found naked. However, they did type his blood so at one time they had a sample.

He has fingerprints and dentals available--no DNA.

I heard that all of Los Angeles County's UIDs are cremated, although I can't source that, but if that's the case, then it seems there's no way to salvage his DNA unfortunately :( we just really have to hope that a missing person matches with dentals or fingerprints...but DNA is the most common identifier...

Has Kraft himself commented on this murder? Sometimes the things killers say can be useful in identifying victims, or at least getting more info.

Has Kraft himself commented on this murder? Sometimes the things killers say can be useful in identifying victims, or at least getting more info.

He logged a victim in his scorecard as "Wilmington" and this guy was killed the same way as his other victims. But he never commented on this guy.

To this day, Kraft maintains his innocence, despite that he was pulled over with a dead man in his passenger seat, and despite the overwhelming additional evidence of his guilt.

AFAIK, Kraft still denies that he committed any of the murders that he was convicted or suspected of.

Wow, Kraft was one messed up guy. I'm surprised he hasn't been sentenced to death (I don't agree with the death penalty but for what he did I'm surprised he didn't get that sentence)

PS I've seen the PM photo and I must say Carl did an outstanding job on this recon. When I get a little time I'll check doenet for MPs that look similar :)

Wow, Kraft was one messed up guy. I'm surprised he hasn't been sentenced to death (I don't agree with the death penalty but for what he did I'm surprised he didn't get that sentence)

PS I've seen the PM photo and I must say Carl did an outstanding job on this recon. When I get a little time I'll check doenet for MPs that look similar :)

Kraft was sentenced to death. Unfortunately, the legal process is very slow in California. It is possible that he will die of natural causes before he's executed.

I'd say he looks like Norman Prater (http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1478dmtx.html) but Prater's eyes are blue and his ears stick out.

Poor guy, whoever he is.

Back in 2012, I e-mailed Daniel Machain from the Los Angeles County Coroner's Office about Norman Prater. From Investigator Machain's reply, it sounds like he was looked at and ruled out --

Kathryn,

I was contacted by Norman Prater’s mother in 2008 regarding this case. She was shown a facial photo of the decedent (1973-02574) and stated that the decedent was NOT her son, missing person Norman Prater.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Respectfully,

Inv. Daniel Machian

I haven't heard back about Richard Riquier since I asked about him in 2014 (I thought there might be a mix up in the date that Richard was last seen) -- https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/missing-disparus/case-dossier.jsf?case=2013000069&id=11. I guess they're probably not the same guy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back