Found Deceased CA - Daniel Calderon, 25, Solano County,27 January 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Daniel Calderon
20160126__CCT-DELTAMISS-0127~2_VIEWER.JPG

Solano County Sheriff's search delta waterways for missing Manteca man

Solano County, California -
Solano County Sheriff's announced Tuesday that marine patrol units will continue searching delta waterways for a Manteca man who went missing over the weekend.

Deputies identified the missing boater as Daniel Calderon, 25, of Manteca.

Calderon and a friend were fishing Saturday night when the Manteca man suddenly jumped into the water and never came back up, said Solano County Deputy Sheriff Christine Castillo.

Calderon went missing just south of Collinsville, across the river from Pittsburg and somewhere in between Spinner and Chain islands in unincorporated Solano County. He and his friend were fishing in an area where three waterways -- San Joaquin River, Sacramento River and Montezuma Slough -- come together.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...eriffs-search-delta-waterways-missing-manteca

Very sad. I'm interested in the circumstances around him entering the water. It's plausible (imo) that a young man would impulsively leap into a body of water for no "good" reason. Silly play, display physical prowess, drunk, impress others, on a dare, wrestle marine life, etc.

Why hasn't foul play been ruled out though?

Very sad. I'm interested in the circumstances around him entering the water. It's plausible (imo) that a young man would impulsively leap into a body of water for no "good" reason. Silly play, display physical prowess, drunk, impress others, on a dare, wrestle marine life, etc.

Why hasn't foul play been ruled out though?

I thought the same. Plus,

"'That’s not typical for someone to jump into the water in that area late at night, especially in the inclement weather,' Castillo said. 'So our investigators are continuing to look at all options.' The coroner’s cause-of-death determination is pending toxicology results, and deputies have not ruled out foul play.

<snipped by me for space>

"The sheriff&#8217;s office asked anyone with information about the incident to call investigators at (707) 784-7050."

BBM. I think the LE are on top of this.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back