Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18

There is one thing I'm still confused about, even after the interview. The dogs that hit on scents in the campground (sheriff implied there was more than one), where they trained in search and rescue or were they cadaver dogs?

Going back to the original story about staying with GGP and the nap.

If Deorr was going to take a nap, he would need his blanket, monkey, and sippy cup that he always had with him. However, these items were in the truck.

So they must have realized the story needed to change.

"D : 2.36 when she called and I was in the truck hauling down to the road trying to get service because I didn't think one bar would get it. So I, she got very very lucky. I was blessed that she was able to get service because I didn't think, i didn't want to try and risk getting half way through my talking to 911 and have it cut off. So I went down to where I knew I could get a little service, about a half mile down the road. Uh, we searched for - after about twenty minutes in a dead panic, not knowing where he was in such a small area, and not knowing, never being there, I knew I was in trouble. Um, so we decided to call search and rescue, uh, and that's when I drove down. She tried getting a signal out - um, as soon as I got a hold of the,, I kind of, they told me that she was on the other line with them and they had our location, and they were on our way. They, they were amazing..."

No link.

Ya know, when I first heard vDK say this, I really wanted to believe him. I wanted to believe maybe there was a chance Lil Deorr Jay was still alive.

"D : 2.36 when she called and I was in the truck hauling down to the road trying to get service because I didn't think one bar would get it. So I, she got very very lucky. I was blessed that she was able to get service because I didn't think, i didn't want to try and risk getting half way through my talking to 911 and have it cut off. So I went down to where I knew I could get a little service, about a half mile down the road. Uh, we searched for - after about twenty minutes in a dead panic, not knowing where he was in such a small area, and not knowing, never being there, I knew I was in trouble. Um, so we decided to call search and rescue, uh, and that's when I drove down. She tried getting a signal out - um, as soon as I got a hold of the,, I kind of, they told me that she was on the other line with them and they had our location, and they were on our way. They, they were amazing..."

No link.

Ya know, when I first heard vDK say this, I really wanted to believe him. I wanted to believe maybe there was a chance Lil Deorr Jay was still alive.

Sorry but my BS meter was going off big time - wouldn't any genuinely distraught parent just keep trying to get through to 911 regardless of how much signal they had? Can't you make an emergency call anyway, regardless of signal strength/phone credit etc?

No link.

They were a half mile away from the camp if I understand correctly. At the end of the 9-1-1 call the operator told them to stay within cell range.

No one seemed to object to, in that situation, it would mean that one of the parents would have to be left in the middle of the road for more than an hour waiting for emergency responders.

My response to the operator would be at least to question her on that saying - we need to go look for my son... how can we just wait here where there is a cell signal waiting for emergency responders when we need to be searching for our son?

Also, where they got the signal... wasn't that past the campground and uphill versus the entrance to where they came in from? ( as the sheriff said, there was only one way in and one way out.)

Sorry but my BS meter was going off big time - wouldn't any genuinely distraught parent just keep trying to get through to 911 regardless of how much signal they had? Can't you make an emergency call anyway, regardless of signal strength/phone credit etc?

You can make a 911 call without airtime minutes, but not without an actual signal.

So sad. Such a twisted case. While I don't believe Deorr is still alive, I'm not set on what happened. I still wonder if he isn't somewhere near that campsite, possibly right outside the perimeter that was searched. Or maybe even in the area that was searched. It seemed to be so many obstacles in that area, the downed trees, the water, the mountainous terrain. I just hope he will be found soon, and it was a complete accident. That's what my heart wants to believe even if my mind says otherwise.

There is one thing I'm still confused about, even after the interview. The dogs that hit on scents in the campground (sheriff implied there was more than one), where they trained in search and rescue or were they cadaver dogs?

That does still seem to be unclear. IF they utilized Idaho SAR, there are 5 trained cadaver dogs at their disposal:

http://www.isard.org/teams.htm

(in above article, NAPWDA = North American Police Work Dog Association)

Going back to the original story about staying with GGP and the nap.

If Deorr was going to take a nap, he would need his blanket, monkey, and sippy cup that he always had with him. However, these items were in the truck.

So they must have realized the story needed to change.

Yes! I get the feeling that whenever people have pointed out that their story makes no sense, they have changed it. JMO but I think they were following people's comments about the case on SM closely, so they could see how their stories were being taken. And then they changed their story to try and take the criticisms into account.

For example, people said they were irresponsible for leaving DeOrr with ggp, so then Jessica made of big point with Vilt of saying that she kept looking back... Looking back... Trying to make out that she was still watching DeOrr closely even after she left him with GGP. JMO.

The first two dogs on the scene were live-scent tracking dogs used for finding missing people

One belonged to the local Sheriff and the other was from the big city sheriff

They were not cadaver dogs , cremation dogs , drug search dogs , explosives dogs , coon dogs , bird dogs , herding dogs , hunting dogs , fake currency dogs , beehive dogs , bomb detection dogs , cheetah scat dogs , skin cancer dogs , truffle dogs

Later days they used 18 different dogs , and of course they found nothing , but that does not guarantee the child was not there.

Dogs are not infallible , never have been , (modsnip)

No link.

Wow, this is bringing back bad memories of watching that first interview. They seemed so inauthentic, with him rambling on repeatedly about his 911 call, the helicopter and everything except their son. Then they tried to fool people into believing that DeOrr had been abducted because his favorite items had been left behind. How did they think people would buy that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, this is bringing back bad memories of watching that first interview. They seemed so inauthentic, with him rambling on repeatedly about his 911 call, the helicopter and everything except their son. Then they tried to fool people into believing that DeOrr had been abducted because his favorite items had been left behind. How did they think people would buy that?

Marking my spot. Does anyone here still believe DeOrr might have been abducted by a complete stranger?

They were a half mile away from the camp if I understand correctly. At the end of the 9-1-1 call the operator told them to stay within cell range.

No one seemed to object to, in that situation, it would mean that one of the parents would have to be left in the middle of the road for more than an hour waiting for emergency responders.

My response to the operator would be at least to question her on that saying - we need to go look for my son... how can we just wait here where there is a cell signal waiting for emergency responders when we need to be searching for our son?

Also, where they got the signal... wasn't that past the campground and uphill versus the entrance to where they came in from? ( as the sheriff said, there was only one way in and one way out.)

So much of what you say is absolutely correct . Once the call went through the operator told them to stay within a good signal area. It absolutely makes sense

But if the father drove to a good signal area everybody thinks he is a guilty monster

ahhh the irony .

The first two dogs on the scene were live-scent tracking dogs used for finding missing people

One belonged to the local Sheriff and the other was from the big city sheriff

They were not cadaver dogs , cremation dogs , drug search dogs , explosives dogs , coon dogs , bird dogs , herding dogs , hunting dogs , fake currency dogs , beehive dogs , bomb detection dogs , cheetah scat dogs , skin cancer dogs , truffle dogs

Later days they used 18 different dogs , and of course they found nothing , but that does not guarantee the child was not there.

Dogs are not infallible , never have been , (modsnip).

Epic post! But truffle dogs? A truffle pig would have found Deorr, that (modsnip)

Marking my spot. Does anyone here still believe DeOrr might have been abducted by a complete stranger?

No, not given the location (for one thing). IF Deorr had been playing in his front yard and disappeared . . . okay, sure . . . a stranger abduction could be a possibility.

Epic post! But truffle dogs? A truffle pig would have found Deorr, (modsnip)

haaaa .... you are right , truffle pigs are the best , second best are truffle dogs and bloodhounds are used for that. A bloodhound has 300 million scent receptors , and can distinguish between something like 1000 different scents at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk