GUILTY Australia - Infant boy, 2 mos, dies of head trauma, Brisbane, 28 June 2014

Makara

Former Member
Reaction score
Brisbane cop to appear in court charged with baby son's death

January 30, 2016 - 5:12PM

A Queensland police officer will face court on Monday charged with the murder of his baby son in 2014.

The senior constable's two-month-old boy died after suffering "significant" injuries at his home at bayside Victoria Point, south-east of Brisbane, on June 28, 2014, Deputy Commissioner Steve Gollschewski said on Saturday.
The 38-year-old was stood down on full pay one month after the child's death, when an investigation was launched.

He was not on duty at the time the boy died.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...sons-death-20160130-gmhq74.html#ixzz3ynl0XL00
Follow us: @brisbanetimes on Twitter | brisbanetimes on Facebook

Queensland police defend lengthy investigation of officer who allegedly murdered his baby son

7:29am January 31, 2016

Queensland police have defended the time it took to charge an officer with murdering his baby son, saying expert evidence in the case had taken months to obtain and verify.

The 38-year-old senior constable was charged with murder yesterday morning, 18 months after his two-month-old son succumbed to "fairly significant injuries" at Victoria Point in Brisbane's east.

According to The Sunday Mail, police will allege the Senior Constable was involved in a relationship with a woman who also worked for the Queensland Police Service.

His wife was reportedly not home when he called triple zero saying the baby had stopped breathing. He reportedly gave the two-month-old CPR with instructions from the operator.

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...with-2014-murder-of-child#WILpxuajguzTYZZs.99

Thankyou for this thread, Makara.. something is terribly wrong in this case, from start to finish.. .. the length of time for the investigation before laying a charge is most unusual, in so far as the cop was relieved of duty a month after the death.. .. the investigation seems to have gone on since then, 18 months..

There is no mention of the mother. whether she is the wife or girlfriend of the baby's father.. I have no idea..

the involvement of the other branches of the police force organisation , apart from the homicide squad.. multiple investigatory agencies, including the police Ethical Standards Command and the independent Crime and Corruption Commission.

'According to The Sunday Mail, police will allege the Senior Constable was involved in a relationship with a woman who also worked for the Queensland Police Service.'

This bit . . .. this is new information since this morning, but it still doesn't identify who is the mother of the baby, the wife or the girlfriend, which was only a suspicion on my part until I read this..

.... so there was a girlfriend and that girlfriend was also in the police force, and that also explains the involvement of the Ethics and the Anti-Corruption department...reading between the lines, it looks like someone has been covering up stuff, or perhaps the wife was too terrified, being up against 2 members of the police force.... ( all mere suspicion on my part ) .. the thing is, it was very early in the matter when the death of the baby was considered to be murder.. terrible terrible terrible. .. .. .

More to come tomorrow, I presume.

'His wife was reportedly not home when he called triple zero saying the baby had stopped breathing'...

.alright.. sometimes one should study news reports with more concentration!. .. ok so. it appears the baby, the little son, was the child of the policeman and his wife, and not the policeman and his girlfriend...

horrible.

because I wouldn't think the wife would be babysitting the child of the girlfriend or letting the husband do that in their home.. .. that doesn't make sense.

and as a suspect, he is unusual, statistically. fully employed, 38, no drug related history, or alcohol related history, no other children as far as I can ascertain.... he may have been in trouble with the police force before this incident.. .. he and his wife don't live in a poor part of Brissy.. .

there is no report of the girlfriend being suspended from duty, or having resigned, ....

there is something truly strange and inexplicable in this case.

Id already started a thread perhaps they can be merged?

This was investigated by the Sex Crimes unit.

The (alleged) perp is going to court today. No doubt Mention only.

He has been named as Senior Constable Colin Randall, based at Wynnum.

Sounds like the baby belonged to his wife but he was having a fling on the side.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/1ed1be5c78accc93ef035540a1a2762d

First responders suspected Crib Death but the Autopsy showed Head Injuries.

Presumably the Head Injuries were on the Inside. :(

This is incredibly sick...I feel sick...this has thrown me so much....God alone knows what Babys loving family are going through...

I am so ANGRY

this is being Hushed Up

99% of Australia has no idea this is happening...!

'His wife was reportedly not home when he called triple zero saying the baby had stopped breathing'...

.alright.. sometimes one should study news reports with more concentration!. .. ok so. it appears the baby, the little son, was the child of the policeman and his wife, and not the policeman and his girlfriend...

horrible.

because I wouldn't think the wife would be babysitting the child of the girlfriend or letting the husband do that in their home.. .. that doesn't make sense.

The wife had left the home due to an argument.

Shortly after Randall called triple 0 and reported his baby had stopped breathing.

It was initially mistaken as cot death.

Here's this mornings Advertised Headlines for Qld Courier Mail:

1.Susan Sarandon’s eye-popping SAG outfit
2.‘Stop kicking the f---ing seat’
3.Summer swelter is an Asian stir-fry
4.&#8216;It quickly became apparent something was wrong&#8217;(<<<something about a bike race - ed)
5.I&#8217;m A Celebrity stars revealed

Yes that's right folks - not a word about the arrest of a Senior Policeman for Child Murder. :(

The wife had left the home due to an argument.

Shortly after Randall called triple 0 and reported his baby had stopped breathing.

It was initially mistaken as cot death.

Saphie, thankyou so much for this further information. ...... I appreciate it. If I could merge your thread with this, I would..

This was well and truly kept under the radar, from the get go, which .. you know... is sort of ok, it being a child death and all that, .... it just seems to be an extraordinarily long time for the investigation to go on.... there must be some conflicting and confusing medical input to be sorted out, but on the other hand, the suspicions formed within a month of the child being found dead.

I don't know if this is/was his only child. . Sex Crimes unit, serious stuff. ... it's a bit of a jigsaw puzzle.

The bit about the girlfriend also being a member of the QLD police force... this is a spanner in the spokes, I don't know what rank she is, or age, or whatever.. how long the affair had been going on. .. but it isn't hard to imagine that Randall had at least more backup than the normal citizen in this situation. Instinctively, it would have been difficult for questions , the right questions to be asked.. I can see that, too. .

God alone knows how the wife is going... this sounds, I say sounds like, not is, but sounds like it could be shaken baby syndrome, I only say that because of the small amount of information and because the death was at first glance thought to be a crib death.

oh .. it's horrible. a Senior Constable.. is this a high rank in Qld?? he is 38, and I am unsure of where in the ladder he should be, based on performance.... .

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...r/news-story/1ed1be5c78accc93ef035540a1a2762d

"It is understood he became paranoid about being the subject of an investigation and asked the female colleague to check on cars parked in his Victoria Point street."

Interesting little sentence in this report from the Courier Mail.. .. He asked 'the' female colleague... to check on cars etc.. does this mean he asked the girlfriend, or just a casual ask of an assigned colleague during a duty run. .... bit of a puzzle to work out.

'Becoming paranoid about being the subject of an investigation'. .. quite a common occurrence, possibly exacerbated if one is already a Senior Constable , though....

"It is understood he became paranoid about being the subject of an investigation and asked the female colleague to check on cars parked in his Victoria Point street."

Interesting little sentence in this report from the Courier Mail.. .. He asked 'the' female colleague... to check on cars etc.. does this mean he asked the girlfriend, or just a casual ask of an assigned colleague during a duty run. .... bit of a puzzle to work out.

'Becoming paranoid about being the subject of an investigation'. .. quite a common occurrence, possibly exacerbated if one is already a Senior Constable , though....

Take a look at the Suspensions from Duty in Qld Police.

They've doubled from about 20 a couple of years ago to 47 in 2014

That's a whole lot of Policemen abusing their power...routinely...unafraid of consequences

That's just the ones whove been caught...imagine how many are looking up pretty girls regos, stalking their mates ex wives (I had a friend who was divorcing a cop and had a panda outside her house for days, watching her), taking advantage of Arrestees...

Something is Wrong in Qld Police. Very Wrong.

Take a look at the Suspensions from Duty in Qld Police.

They've doubled from about 20 a couple of years ago to 47 in 2014

That's a whole lot of Policemen abusing their power...routinely...unafraid of consequences

That's just the ones whove been caught...imagine how many are looking up pretty girls regos, stalking their mates ex wives (I had a friend who was divorcing a cop and had a panda outside her house for days, watching her), taking advantage of Arrestees...

Something is Wrong in Qld Police. Very Wrong.

That is a hell of a high number of suspensions, on those sort of lapses, Saph...

QLD is an hour behind me, and my time has run out, I hope to keep up to date with this appearance in court, and I wonder if he will get bail, probably he will, but that would be mainly due to his profession, unfair but rational in many ways.. if he gets bail I am curious as to the conditions and who goes guarantor, etc... .....

That is a hell of a high number of suspensions, on those sort of lapses, Saph...

QLD is an hour behind me, and my time has run out, I hope to keep up to date with this appearance in court, and I wonder if he will get bail, probably he will, but that would be mainly due to his profession, unfair but rational in many ways.. if he gets bail I am curious as to the conditions and who goes guarantor, etc... .....

He wont get bail. The charges are too serious.

Brisbane policeman Colin Randall appears in court over alleged murder of baby son

Posted 24 minutes ago

Map: Brisbane 4000

A senior police constable from the Brisbane region has been remanded in custody after facing court charged with the murder of his two-month-old son more than 18 months ago.

Colin David Randall, 38, faced the Brisbane Magistrates Court for a brief hearing this morning.

Police and the Crime and Corruption Commission have spent more than a year investigating the baby boy's death, but it was not reported to the public until the weekend.

Randall was remanded in custody and the matter is due to return to court next month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-01/policeman-charged-murder-over-baby-son-appears-court/7129538

alrighty.. he hasn't got bail so far... . well. ... that will cause a bit of a ruckus in Remand, for sure...

I an curious as to exactly when the Crime and Corruption Squad got involved in this case, and the components of the case that required their involvement.. .. ...

I an curious as to exactly when the Crime and Corruption Squad got involved in this case, and the components of the case that required their involvement.. .. ...

Im not so curious

weve been told he used a female worker to check the regos of the cars in his street

THAT is illegal and the purview of the Corruption Squad.

Heads will roll - it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Wynnum Police Station is raked over the hot coals in Public Enquiry.

Long term, endemic, and institutionalized Abuse of Power.

Brisbane policeman Colin Randall appears in court over alleged murder of baby son

Posted 24 minutes ago

Map: Brisbane 4000

A senior police constable from the Brisbane region has been remanded in custody after facing court charged with the murder of his two-month-old son more than 18 months ago.

Colin David Randall, 38, faced the Brisbane Magistrates Court for a brief hearing this morning.

Police and the Crime and Corruption Commission have spent more than a year investigating the baby boy's death, but it was not reported to the public until the weekend.

Randall was remanded in custody and the matter is due to return to court next month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-01/policeman-charged-murder-over-baby-son-appears-court/7129538

alrighty.. he hasn't got bail so far... . well. ... that will cause a bit of a ruckus in Remand, for sure...

oh no they wont place him in Remand

he will be in solitary somewhere

a Child Murderer with Sexual Undertones and a Senior Policeman to boot?

He wont be safe ANYWHERE.

Ugh look what I found

Constable clancy visits radio lollipop brisbane

19 March 2007

Visitors are always welcome at Radio Lollipop! Recently Constable Clancy and his friends Constables Mel Economidis, Carmel Mills, and Colin Randall visited the wards with Radio Lollipop volunteers at the Mater Children’s Hospital, Brisbane.

http://radiolollipop.org/?p=11083

they've redacted his pic already

Ugh look what I found

Constable clancy visits radio lollipop brisbane

19 March 2007

Visitors are always welcome at Radio Lollipop! Recently Constable Clancy and his friends Constables Mel Economidis, Carmel Mills, and Colin Randall visited the wards with Radio Lollipop volunteers at the Mater Children&#8217;s Hospital, Brisbane.

http://radiolollipop.org/?p=11083

they've redacted his pic already

GOOD SLEUTHNG!!

the nerve of this bloke.

I couldn't find a pic of him anywhere AT ALL. .....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back