Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19

Bringing this over from the last thread

I'd really like to know what time they left IF if they got to the Silver Dollar after they quit serving food. According to Google Maps directions it's a 1 hr 51 min drive from Idaho Falls to Leadore with traffic. What time is late afternoon/early evening?

If I backpedal from the 9:30 pm arrival at camp

9:30
- :45 for the drive from Leadore
- :30 for a long gas station stop
-2:00 for the drive from IF
------
6:15 pm

It would only take a couple of minutes to run into the Silver Dollar to find out if they were still serving food and probably didn't spend 30 minutes at a gas station even if they got gas for both vehicles and did a bit of food shopping. So they were at the Silver Dollar for a longer period of time than just seeing if they were still serving food, my idea of late afternoon/early evening is off, there was an extra stop somewhere, or they left later than they originally claimed.

(SBM) He wouldn't necessarily put one or both back on if they fell off. I don't think it's a case of "I'm gonna put my boot back on because I love it so much." The boots could've felt like a hindrance to him if he was trying to get somewhere quickly, even if it hurt his little feet.
The thought of him wandering lost, carrying his little boots because he loved them but they were too hard to walk in... My heart. I just cannot imagine a way that it makes sense now that he did wander off, there is just is no good outcome I'm afraid. My feelings on Klein- LE is in a great position here. Klein has turned on the family & is throwing them all to the wolves. LE is maintaining a cautious maybe they didn't do it approach. Good cop/bad cop & all that?

I'd really like to know what time they left IF if they got to the Silver Dollar after they quit serving food. According to Google Maps directions it's a 1 hr 51 min drive from Idaho Falls to Leadore with traffic. What time is late afternoon/early evening?

------

It would only take a couple of minutes to run into the Silver Dollar to find out if they were still serving food and probably didn't spend 30 minutes at a gas station even if they got gas for both vehicles and did a bit of food shopping. So they were at the Silver Dollar for a longer period of time than just seeing if they were still serving food, my idea of late afternoon/early evening is off, there was an extra stop somewhere, or they left later than they originally claimed.

That's an interesting deduction. 6:15 is early evening, dinner time. I've never heard someone use the phrase "6:15 in the afternoon". There is a hole in the time accounting there. Maybe LE keeping it, maybe the various stories have never accounted for it?

What scares me is that I'm starting to suspect his death was not accidental. Outright killing him is beyond what I'm willing to think about.

One reason is that nobody has come forward. I think if it was an accident, even if they covered it up, that someone would have come clean near the beginning. Seems like the first person would get the most leniency, and possibly a plea bargain.

As far as who is the one who actually killed and/or covered it up is anybody's guess. I find it interesting that none of the 4 has pointed the finger toward one another. It almost makes it seem like they are equally guilty. The chance of that IMO is close to nil.

Somebody is going to cave, and probably not the ones who have the most to lose.

Why hasn't JM hired an attorney? If she's trying to make herself look innocent by not lawyering up, well, that might have been understandable in the beginning. But once considered a suspect, it seems almost crazy to me that she hasn't retained one yet. With the seriousness of the case, I doubt it's due to inability to come up with the money. I imagine her extended family and friends would chip in to give her a decent defense. It doesn't strike me that IR would have money lying around to lawyer up, but yet he found a way. Seems like at this point JM would at least want someone to be a mouthpiece for her, like DK's attorney did for him.

------

Maybe an extra stop to grab dinner? Or maybe the gas station was a truck stop/restaurant gas station, and they ate there?

What scares me is that I'm starting to suspect his death was not accidental. Outright killing him is beyond what I'm willing to think about.

One reason is that nobody has come forward. I think if it was an accident, even if they covered it up, that someone would have come clean near the beginning. Seems like the first person would get the most leniency, and possibly a plea bargain.

As far as who is the one who actually killed and/or covered it up is anybody's guess. I find it interesting that none of the 4 has pointed the finger toward one another. It almost makes it seem like they are equally guilty. The chance of that IMO is close to nil.

Somebody is going to cave, and probably not the ones who have the most to lose.

I would bet b/c hard prison time is going to be HELL for anybody that has anything to do w/ causing a child's demise. Might be a good reason in their mind, even if an accident was covered up? Covering up an accidental death of a child may still be pretty unforgivable to other inmates. Just a thought.

------

You know in my first post in a Deorr thread (thread#2 July 21st) I asked the following:

Is there a link to a timeline? I want to know when/where the last independent sighting was before the possible sighting at the store.

e.g. Was the family seen on CCTV/by a person at a gas station on route to their destination?

I can't understand why this question hasn't been answered if what happened, happened after 8:00am on Friday July 10th.

Anyone got any ideas why this would/could be?

That's an interesting deduction. 6:15 is early evening, dinner time. I've never heard someone use the phrase "6:15 in the afternoon". There is a hole in the time accounting there. Maybe LE keeping it, maybe the various stories have never accounted for it?

When it was first mentioned they left IF early afternoon/late evening, my first thought was they must have left around 4 or so. But I know that personal interpretation isn't accurate and LE's interpretation could have meant 5 pm or 3 pm or anytime really.

I do think it's likely that there is more than just an hour of missing time there. It could have taken less than 45 minutes to get to camp from Leadore, they could have been at the gas station 10 minutes. It could have taken 1.5 hours to get to Leadore. And there's another hour of time unaccounted for.

Did they spend an hour or two at the Silver Dollar? That would be a long time to sit in a truck with a kid doing absolutely nothing.

Could it be they let Deorr sit in the bar, but can't mention it do to the law? Did they leave Deorr out in the truck alone? Was JM mad that she was getting left behind to watch Deorr while the others went in and had fun? Could she have lashed out at Deorr?

I love this time of day, when I seem to be talking to myself LOL. Seems like the discussion gets hopping after other's work hours have passed. I'm a SAHM though.

I wonder why SB has not come out with a statement confirming or denying what Klein is reporting. Basically Klein discounted a lot of the first facts about the disappearance such as the exploring, fishing, asking GGP to watch little Deorr.

SB may just be holding back, but why does he let a huge statement like that to get thrown out there with no response about its truthfulness? These are some of the very few "facts" we've been discussing from the get go. Back when we were really salivating for more information about who was where, who said what, how many yards the 4 adults were away from each other, etc.

I just think if there is a reason SB isn't telling us if it fact it is true, he'd be peeved that the information was released by the PI.

------

My recollection of how we arrive at a timeline for Thursday is based on the following:

Left IF--SB said in his radio interview that they left early evening/ late afternoon

Arrived at campground: JM mother provided the 9:30 arrival time

Just wanting to clarify in case I'm missing something.

On a side note, I think it's important to consider that Deorr could have been account for at the campsite Friday without a direct witness sighting. I'm thinking somebody could have spoken to him on the phone which is common for GPs to do when speaking to a toddlers parents.

Finally...and OT we do not know the details of JMs situation regardijg her other two children. It's entirely plausible to imagine she voluntarily relinquished custody to her ex husband because of her financial and or current living arrangements. It would seem that having 3 children living in VDK father's home would create a possible strain so she made the decision based on that. Truth is we have no details on the matter.

Jmo
Just some thoughts

One thing that Klein said has really struck me. When asked about what person besides the POI's last saw DeOrr, Klein answered, "There is none."

I thought I read it wrong at first. Could it be that DeOrr had not been seen for so many days that the parents couldn't give the real account of when someone last saw him without flagging that something happened to him prior to the trip? I just don't get it. There has to be a last person to see him, right? Even if you have to go back to, say, the 4th of July.

Did Klein ever say that the "incident" happened on the mountain during the timeline?

Or could it be that poor little guy was in such bad shape before the trip that they couldn't let anyone see him (or deceased)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When it was first mentioned they left IF early afternoon/late evening, my first thought was they must have left around 4 or so. But I know that personal interpretation isn't accurate and LE's interpretation could have meant 5 pm or 3 pm or anytime really.

I do think it's likely that there is more than just an hour of missing time there. It could have taken less than 45 minutes to get to camp from Leadore, they could have been at the gas station 10 minutes. It could have taken 1.5 hours to get to Leadore. And there's another hour of time unaccounted for.

Did they spend an hour or two at the Silver Dollar? That would be a long time to sit in a truck with a kid doing absolutely nothing.

Could it be they let Deorr sit in the bar, but can't mention it do to the law? Did they leave Deorr out in the truck alone? Was JM mad that she was getting left behind to watch Deorr while the others went in and had fun? Could she have lashed out at Deorr?

Hmm...could they have left Deorr in the truck while they were eating dinner and he died in the closed car?

IDK!! I'm tired of grasping at ideas. I can only imagine how LE must feel with this case.

Come clean, someone. Give Deorr the dignity of truth.

Why hasn't JM hired an attorney? If she's trying to make herself look innocent by not lawyering up, well, that might have been understandable in the beginning. But once considered a suspect, it seems almost crazy to me that she hasn't retained one yet. With the seriousness of the case, I doubt it's due to inability to come up with the money. I imagine her extended family and friends would chip in to give her a decent defense. It doesn't strike me that IR would have money lying around to lawyer up, but yet he found a way. Seems like at this point JM would at least want someone to be a mouthpiece for her, like DK's attorney did for him.

My first thoughts on this is she has kinda hired one byproxy....in that VDK can cover a lot with his attorney that may at least give her an idea of where she stands for the time being. Not saying its a wise choice but just my immediate reaction.

I love this time of day, when I seem to be talking to myself LOL. Seems like the discussion gets hopping after other's work hours have passed. I'm a SAHM though.

I wonder why SB has not come out with a statement confirming or denying what Klein is reporting. Basically Klein discounted a lot of the first facts about the disappearance such as the exploring, fishing, asking GGP to watch little Deorr.

SB may just be holding back, but why does he let a huge statement like that to get thrown out there with no response about its truthfulness? These are some of the very few "facts" we've been discussing from the get go. Back when we were really salivating for more information about who was where, who said what, how many yards the 4 adults were away from each other, etc.

I just think if there is a reason SB isn't telling us if it fact it is true, he'd be peeved that the information was released by the PI.

It is pretty incredible that Klein called the whole walking away from the campsite scenario a myth. Even if some of us didn't necessarily believe it, it just makes you kind of rethink everything (again!)

No scent of the boy picked up at the campsite. No last sighting of him by anyone other than those at the campsite can be confirmed. No positive recollection by the clerk of seeing him, even though DK came back to quiz her. It seems the only people who can corroborate that he was alive at the campsite are GGP and IR, and now Klein is saying that whether IR saw little DeOrr after the store depends on which of his statements you believe. It's kind of sounding like it's a real possibility that maybe he was never at the campsite alive.

------

I am pretty certain I heard (and don't ask me where, possibly TC on FB way back when) that they left home at 6pm and arrived at 9:30. I don't know how that fits with everything.

I'd like to know if the trip to the Silver Dollar was before or after the 9:30pm arrival at the campground. However, it's only really relevant if little Deorr wasn't with them.

And just to chip in re the wellies, in my experience they're usually generously sized. I'm not criticising the parents for having him in too big wellies, but if he'd run into the wilds or being taken by an animal I'm pretty sure one of those wellies would have been found by now.

One thing that Klein said has really struck me. When asked about what person besides the POI's last saw DeOrr, Klein answered, "There is none."

I thought I read it wrong at first. Could it be that DeOrr had not been seen for so many days that the parents couldn't give the real account of when someone last saw him without flagging that something happened to him prior to the trip? I just don't get it. There has to be a last person to see him, right? Even if you have to go back to, say, the 4th of July.

Did Klein ever say that the "incident" happened on the mountain during the timeline?

Or could it be that poor little guy was in such bad shape before the trip that they couldn't let anyone see him (or deceased)?

Gosh, this got me thinking.... DeOrr could have passed week(s) before the camping
trip. If the story that GGP was supposed to be watching DeOrr while parents explored/viewed IR' fishing spot, was all a myth, then maybe the whole camping trip
was plotted Hence, no pictures.

SB: ....they left Idaho Falls on July 9th which was in the early afternoon or early evening...

Odd way to put it but, I assume there must be a reason for this.

My first thoughts on this is she has kinda hired one byproxy....in that VDK can cover a lot with his attorney that may at least give her an idea of where she stands for the time being. Not saying its a wise choice but just my immediate reaction.

Maybe they have some evidence on DK so his need for an atty was more urgent? It seems like JM would need an atty too, but unless there is one willing to work pro bono, maybe there are not enough funds. She has a court appearance coming up here soon for her Driving Without Privileges charge. The punishment is a minimum of two days in jail up to a max of six months. According to the Idaho repository, her public defender is planning to use an alibi defense. LE could probably do a lot of talking to her if she lands in jail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member