TN TN - Frances 'Franny' Graham, 72, Coker Creek, 18 Sept 2005

tennessee

Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
Reaction score
http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=3912740&nav=0RYv

"MARYVILLE (WATE) -- A friend of 72-year-old Francis "Franny" Graham told sheriff's deputies Graham and his son were kidnapped outside Dubb's Restaurant in Maryville last week.
"I last seen her go out the door," said Floyd Dockery, Franny's boyfriend of 25 years.

That was Sunday, Sept. 18. She left with Floyd's son, Arthur Dockery, to run some shopping errands in Maryville.

But when Arthur pulled over in the parking lot of Dubbs Restaurant on Highway 129, Floyd says, they were attacked by men in two vans and wearing uniforms."

http://www.volunteertv.com/Global/story.asp?S=3907930

"Tellico Plains, Monroe County (WVLT) - A bizarre kidnapping in broad daylight has police puzzled, and they need your help in solving this adult missing person case. It's left a Monroe County family heartbroken over the disappearance of their loved one.

Volunteer TV's Gary Loe visited with the kidnap victim's family, and has their plea for help.

One Monroe County family is praying for help in locating their loved one. Authorities have few leads in this traumatic turn of events, which began as a double kidnapping of two adults. One victim escaped his captors; the other victim is still missing. Police are searching for 72-year-old Francis "Franny" Graham of the Coker Creek Community, located near Tellico Plains."

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sited/story/html/218631

"
Help sought in search for woman

2005-09-28

From Staff Reports

The Blount County Sheriff's Office is asking for help in locating a 72-year-old Monroe County woman who may have been kidnapped while in Blount County.

Frances H. Graham of Tellico Plains was reported missing late last week, according to Sheriff James Berrong. Graham is described as 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 150 to 180 pounds. She has blue eyes and short gray hair.

Arthur Dockery, also of Tellico Plains, reported to the Blount County sheriff's Office last Thursday that he and Graham -- also known as ``Franny'' -- were both kidnapped shortly after 4 p.m. Sept. 18 behind Dubb's Restaurant located on Foch Street just off U.S. 129 Bypass.

Dockery told sheriff's office detectives that he and Graham, who is apparently his father's girlfriend, had been shopping at Home Depot in Maryville and Wal-Mart in Alcoa that afternoon. He said they left Wal-Mart and were traveling south on the bypass when a beige van motioned for him to pull over. He said he pulled behind Dubb's Restaurant and that van along with another beige van pulled in beside him."

Prayers for Franny's safe return.

This is one strange story. I'm having trouble believing this is what happened. Anybody else's hinkey meter going strong?

SewingDeb said:
This is one strange story. I'm having trouble believing this is what happened. Anybody else's hinkey meter going strong?

Yes.........I think I'd need a little more information to figure out what exactly is going on, though. Somehow, what I know so far, just doesn't add up.

JMHO
fran

I'm glad it's not just me, Fran.

SewingDeb said:

You are so right Deb. I'm wondering if this lady has money or a big life insurance policy that would go to the father or son and if the dad and her had been living together for those 25 yrs?

I find it odd because what are the chances of two people being pulled over by two vans. One person is placed in one van and the other person placed in the 2nd van. The young man manages to escape....the older lady hasn't been seen since. Doesn't sound right to me. What...were the people in the two vans traveling together just driving around together looking for two people in the same car so they could abduct them?

My guess at the moment....the young man has friends that have two vans. For some reason the young man set up the abduction. He told the van drivers where to do the abduction. Of course he managed to escape. It's anyone's guess if his father is aware or not. Bottom line...money. I hope I'm wrong and I hope this lady is found alive. She must be scared to death.

The police did say that this young man is cooperating and has been to the station several times. We'll see I guess. This whole thing just doesn't feel right to me though.

I'm having a hard time with his whole story. Why would he pull over "behind" a resturant. In this day and age most people wouldn't pull over at all. Something is off here....

CrimeHater said:
I'm having a hard time with his whole story. Why would he pull over "behind" a resturant. In this day and age most people wouldn't pull over at all. Something is off here....

What I can't get past is that he was able to get back to his car......... :waitasec:

Doesn't make sense.

If he'd been kidnapped, why did he go back to his car before calling LE? :rolleyes:

Color me {{confused}}

JMHO
fran

Bobbisangel said:
You are so right Deb. I'm wondering if this lady has money or a big life insurance policy that would go to the father or son and if the dad and her had been living together for those 25 yrs?

I find it odd because what are the chances of two people being pulled over by two vans. One person is placed in one van and the other person placed in the 2nd van. The young man manages to escape....the older lady hasn't been seen since. Doesn't sound right to me. What...were the people in the two vans traveling together just driving around together looking for two people in the same car so they could abduct them?

My guess at the moment....the young man has friends that have two vans. For some reason the young man set up the abduction. He told the van drivers where to do the abduction. Of course he managed to escape. It's anyone's guess if his father is aware or not. Bottom line...money. I hope I'm wrong and I hope this lady is found alive. She must be scared to death.

The police did say that this young man is cooperating and has been to the station several times. We'll see I guess. This whole thing just doesn't feel right to me though.

I'm like you, I can't see two vans riding around looking for people to abduct. It probably is all about the money and I hope she is still alive and is found in time.

fran said:
What I can't get past is that he was able to get back to his car......... :waitasec:

Doesn't make sense.

If he'd been kidnapped, why did he go back to his car before calling LE? :rolleyes:

Color me {{confused}}

JMHO
fran

There are just too many things wrong with his story. JMO.

I don't like what Floyd says in the story. He says she can't get away on her own because of her age and her poor health. Then a quote from him,"She's gonna put up a fight and they're gonna kill her right there. I know it."

It doesn't sound good that he's predicting exactly what will happen and that she will definately die. It could just be what he feels in his heart will happen, but I don't like that he said that.

montana_16 said:
I don't like what Floyd says in the story. He says she can't get away on her own because of her age and her poor health. Then a quote from him,"She's gonna put up a fight and they're gonna kill her right there. I know it."

It doesn't sound good that he's predicting exactly what will happen and that she will definately die. It could just be what he feels in his heart will happen, but I don't like that he said that.

That gives me such an eerie feeling, just reading what he said.

Can't find any new news stories on Franny. Still hoping for a good outcome.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=3931353&nav=menu7_2

"Fifteen days into the search for 72-year-old Francis "Franny" Graham, Maryville police say the focus of their investigation has shifted.
On Sept. 18, Arthur Dockery, the son of Franny Graham's boyfriend, claimed he and the elderly woman were pulled over in Maryville where they were forced into separate vans.

Dockery claimed the van he was in drove around for days before he was able to escape.

On Friday, police told 6 News that a cellphone call Dockery made during that ordeal was traced to a tower in Mount Vernon, Ill. He called his sister on Monday, Sept. 19 at 3 a.m., saying he had been kidnapped.

Now it appears there are several cracks in Dockery's story. "

More info at the link.

Now it appears there are several cracks in Dockery's story. "

Oh my gosh...I'm in shock :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members