Man thought to be dead, found alive 30 years later!

It rarely happens this way! It's amazing. The mother surely must be in shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, did he just choose to not let his mother know he was alive? I see he had psychological problems.

I do not think he chose to not let his mother know he was alive. From what I read he is intellectually challenged, shortly after he arrived in St. Catherines he received a head injury and could not remember who he was.

I'm sad that he wasn't found for so long. It's approx an hour away from Kitchener where he was found.
I understand no internet in the 80s but a simple picture of the John Doe sent to police and RCMP and hospitals across Ontario would have solved this. He would need to obtain all new identity and that isn't easy.
Alas I'm glad he is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edgar's mother knows he is alive and he knows she loves him.

What a beautiful story! Thank you so much for sharing this dyannaON !

Edgar Latulip was 21 when he wandered away from his group home in Kitchener in September 1986. His mother, Ottawa's Sylvia Wilson, long ago gave up hope of ever seen her son alive again.

She worried Latulip, who had developmental delays and functioned at the level of a child, had killed himself or been killed. The last time she saw him, he was recovering in Kitchener hospital after a suicide attempt...

Then last month, a 50-year-old man in St. Catharines suddenly began recalling pieces of his lost identity...

Police believe Latulip suffered a head injury shortly after taking a bus to Niagara Falls in 1986, which reportedly left him with no memory of who he was.

http://m.therecord.com/news-story/6...ars-mom-feared-missing-kitchener-man-was-dead

kdgdid, Thank you for the information. So sad but with a good out come

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back