Sentencing and beyond- JA General Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KateB

Reaction score
Travis_Alexander.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Travis_Alexander#/media/File:Travis_Alexander.jpg
Continue discussion here...

Please keep off topic information to the Sidebar.
Please keep this thread case specific.

link for sidebar:
SIDEBAR #59 - Travis Alexander forum

thread dedicated to Alexander family and friends:
To the Alexander Family - Express your sentiments here

link to previous threads:
Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #1
Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #2

Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #3
Sentencing and beyond- Jodi Arias General Discussion #4

Book discussion: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ook-released-by-Prosecuting-Attorney-Feb-2016

We are team Travis
And will be VICTORIOUS in our quest for Justice for Travis
Never question it
Never doubt it

Team Travis#WINNING

OMG I'm first again!!!! :winner:

Juan Martinez will be on Nancy Grace 8pm Monday EST

I am looking forward to seeing Juan on Dr. Phil I think next week.

Was reading back about Nurmi's statements in his book where he talked about getting the infamous letters that were obviously forged by JA. What I find disturbing is he knows they were forged and yet still considered using them in his defense of her. It shows the depths he would go. Below are some snippets from a news article about it.

Since when does an attorney have to throw away their personal beliefs and convictions even after hearing about evidence that showed JA was likely forging letters.

"He was going through his morning routine of tuning into sports talk radio before flipping on his computer and slogging through e-mails when he came upon an unusual correspondence."

"He changed his mind about the validity of the letters after jail guards searching Arias' cell discovered pens and index cards on which Arias appeared to have been trying to simulate Alexander's handwriting."

"Once the [index cards] were found, it was my personal belief that Ms. Arias wrote the letters," Nurmi recalls. "However, what I personally believed was irrelevant. As her attorney, I had to consider how this evidence would sit with a jury."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...came-the-most-hated-lawyer-in-arizona-8042210

Ok, this will seem odd now, I was holding out re-watching the sentencing link in the other thread a few pages back... but I watched it and damn! She is way more hostile than I remember her. That explains the mugshot a little better which I believe was moments later...

It’s not exactly like how I saw it in 2015 anyway... I was shocked before but little differently this time (especially when she deliberately/viciously brought up the ‘clearing of the fog.’ And she moved like a lunatic caged in her own body (she wants to hit, throw, or scream/rant at everyone). Yes, borderlines incessantly lie, but she can’t hide all that rabidity, the psychopathy definitely got triggered after Samantha made her passionate plea to the judge. JA really can’t stand moral, opinionated, and emotionally adept women…

It’s really strange to see her attempt to mask that vitriolic hate with such composed verbalization and bodily reaction out of concern for ‘her reputation.’ It's not like her supporters were going to change their minds at this point. She’s either a seeker of ‘justice’ for women (and men) who satiate their appetite for vengeance/malcontent against (any) of mankind who remotely represents a jovial/well-socialized being (preemptive strike due to poor social conditioning at a time they may or may not have actually been outcast by ‘the jocks’ or ‘the cheerleaders’ ‘whom received all the attention-complex’ - probably distorted initially anyhow by heavy parental neglect) or she’s a “poor little girl who deserves love” – mainly half-heartedly conveyed by various ‘fuddy-duddy’ elder men.

And JSS starting blinking 20 seconds into JA’s “statement.” Prior to this, she barely bat an eye during anyone else’s statements. She really can’t stand JA. I am inclined to believe the rumor she was pis*ed JA didn’t get death penalty, then again, I don’t want to claim she’s not objective/professional (she is, though I personally felt she was ‘soft’ at certain points, yet I suppose impartiality was largely at part due to the media).

I thought it was creepy how just before JA came to the stand, Sandy Arias claims ‘she will pray for the judge’s soul.’ I sincerely got the feeling here she was implicitly sending a foul message to the judge, it should bear on her conscience to vote w/out parole after “it being hard to listen to what people have said for seven years about my Jodi, I know she has a beautiful soul.” Give me a break, you heard that stuff way sooner (you said some of it yourself)! She does also liken Travis to an abuser whom tried to “diminish her daughter’s pride.” Lady, I think it’s safe to say, that at this point, your daughter could probably stand to ooze far less of this, “pride” (you too, for that matter)!

And as soon as JA has been sentenced, Nurmi requests withdrawal from ‘any future hearings,’ rats her out to the entire courtroom as ‘uncommunicative.’ Wow. Ha, I did get a kick out of that… Her shoulders seemed to drop, “great, now everybody knows that 9 out of 10 days comment wasn’t just a joke!”

Looks like Jodi has been anything but a model prisoner. She's been found guilty of disrespecting prison staff and that's the 7th charge thus far. Just heard on HLN. They didn't go into specifics though.
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-ne...disciplinary-infraction-violation-perryville/
I'm sure she'll act out but she may also be trying to stay relevant. Maybe her fan mail has dwindled...

I'm still waiting on Sheriff Joe's report... any word on that or that other matter we were wondering about with the COA pulling secret documents?

I am looking forward to seeing Juan on Dr. Phil I think next week.

Was reading back about Nurmi's statements in his book where he talked about getting the infamous letters that were obviously forged by JA. What I find disturbing is he knows they were forged and yet still considered using them in his defense of her. It shows the depths he would go. Below are some snippets from a news article about it.

Since when does an attorney have to throw away their personal beliefs and convictions even after hearing about evidence that showed JA was likely forging letters.

"He was going through his morning routine of tuning into sports talk radio before flipping on his computer and slogging through e-mails when he came upon an unusual correspondence."

"He changed his mind about the validity of the letters after jail guards searching Arias' cell discovered pens and index cards on which Arias appeared to have been trying to simulate Alexander's handwriting."

"Once the [index cards] were found, it was my personal belief that Ms. Arias wrote the letters," Nurmi recalls. "However, what I personally believed was irrelevant. As her attorney, I had to consider how this evidence would sit with a jury."

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...came-the-most-hated-lawyer-in-arizona-8042210

Do you happen to remember off the top of your head how Nurmi presented the letters to Sky Hughes? I believe he told her that the handwriting had been 100% verified by a professional handwriting analyst and that Travis had definitely written the letters -- but the truth was simply that Travis could not officially be ruled out since no official analysis could be done on photocopies. I'm not sure if I am remembering that correctly. Whatever it was that he said, Chris and Sky felt he lied to them and this is why Chris later referred to Nurmi as a snake. (And IIRC, Nurmi boo-hooed about the Hughes not thanking him for showing them the letters privately rather than in a hearing...)

http://prisonadventures.com/

Interesting Perryville article from a prior 'guest'. It can't be an easy life like she wants us to believe.

It's kind of fun to imagine these blog posts translated into "Jodese."

actual post: "I did not sleep very well the first few days. The cells came alive at night with inmates singing, talking, yelling from cell to cell, smoking and the occasional crazy rant of my next door neighbor. She would talk as if Satan was visiting her every night. The worst night of my stay was when a realized the rustling sound in my cell was the pitter patter of mice."

what Jodi would say: "The first few days were so much fun I hardly slept! Every night was like a party, with all the girls chatting and laughing. There was always a lot of singing as well, and everyone said that I was the best. Some of the girls asked me to coach them and I was humbly grateful for the opportunity to give back. My next door neighbor was super loquacious, especially regarding religious matters. Our philosophical conversations about all aspects of spirituality were always up-lifting. One of the best nights of my stay was the night I first met our pet mice. I love, love, love animals, and these little guys are so cute!"

I'm still waiting on Sheriff Joe's report... any word on that or that other matter we were wondering about with the COA pulling secret documents?

Will Sheriff Joe ever tell about her having those index cards with her trying to copy Travis's handwriting in PEN. Why didn't Juan bring that up in the prosecutions case in chief?

http://prisonadventures.com/

Interesting Perryville article from a prior 'guest'. It can't be an easy life like she wants us to believe.
I'm getting a kick out of picturing the inmate cutting her hair with toe nail clippers. :laughing: From the link:

The inmates, I, had to cut our hair with toe nail clippers. Yes, strand by strand my hair was finally cut into a cute bob that I didn’t have to put in a ponytail and rid most of the green from my hair. I felt a little more human at that point.

Ok, this will seem odd now, I was holding out re-watching the sentencing link in the other thread a few pages back... but I watched it and damn! She is way more hostile than I remember her. That explains the mugshot a little better which I believe was moments later...

It’s not exactly like how I saw it in 2015 anyway... I was shocked before but little differently this time (especially when she deliberately/viciously brought up the ‘clearing of the fog.’ And she moved like a lunatic caged in her own body (she wants to hit, throw, or scream/rant at everyone). Yes, borderlines incessantly lie, but she can’t hide all that rabidity, the psychopathy definitely got triggered after Samantha made her passionate plea to the judge. JA really can’t stand moral, opinionated, and emotionally adept women…

It’s really strange to see her attempt to mask that vitriolic hate with such composed verbalization and bodily reaction out of concern for ‘her reputation.’ It's not like her supporters were going to change their minds at this point. She’s either a seeker of ‘justice’ for women (and men) who satiate their appetite for vengeance/malcontent against (any) of mankind who remotely represents a jovial/well-socialized being (preemptive strike due to poor social conditioning at a time they may or may not have actually been outcast by ‘the jocks’ or ‘the cheerleaders’ ‘whom received all the attention-complex’ - probably distorted initially anyhow by heavy parental neglect) or she’s a “poor little girl who deserves love” – mainly half-heartedly conveyed by various ‘fuddy-duddy’ elder men.

And JSS starting blinking 20 seconds into JA’s “statement.” Prior to this, she barely bat an eye during anyone else’s statements. She really can’t stand JA. I am inclined to believe the rumor she was pis*ed JA didn’t get death penalty, then again, I don’t want to claim she’s not objective/professional (she is, though I personally felt she was ‘soft’ at certain points, yet I suppose impartiality was largely at part due to the media).

I thought it was creepy how just before JA came to the stand, Sandy Arias claims ‘she will pray for the judge’s soul.’ I sincerely got the feeling here she was implicitly sending a foul message to the judge, it should bear on her conscience to vote w/out parole after “it being hard to listen to what people have said for seven years about my Jodi, I know she has a beautiful soul.” Give me a break, you heard that stuff way sooner (you said some of it yourself)! She does also liken Travis to an abuser whom tried to “diminish her daughter’s pride.” Lady, I think it’s safe to say, that at this point, your daughter could probably stand to ooze far less of this, “pride” (you too, for that matter)!

And as soon as JA has been sentenced, Nurmi requests withdrawal from ‘any future hearings,’ rats her out to the entire courtroom as ‘uncommunicative.’ Wow. Ha, I did get a kick out of that… Her shoulders seemed to drop, “great, now everybody knows that 9 out of 10 days comment wasn’t just a joke!”

I have also been re-watching some of the trial Lab, mainly her testimony on direct. Nurmi was horrible, he orchestrated that entire smear defense. One part in particular was when he asked her about the supposed picture of TA's genitals and asked her what it was, he wanted her to say the word penis, but JA was pretending to be having a hard time saying it, so phony, finally Nurmi asked her if she was having a hard time saying the word and she said yes, he encouraged her to say it, so she finally did. It was sickening. We all know she had no problem using the C word for that particular organ but the medical term was difficult??? That whole 9 days on the stand was almost unbearable, and after seeing this disgusting attorney again, I will never feel sorry for him again.

Almost the same just another take from my 'Twitter' account.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 3m3 minutes ago
#JodiArias loses contact visit privileges for x-rated rant against guard http://fb.me/4W9Y0QXRj

Yep, that whole "penis" charade was stupid and transparent. Just one of many occasions I felt bad for the court reporter.

I'm getting a kick out of picturing the inmate cutting her hair with toe nail clippers. :laughing: From the link:

The inmates, I, had to cut our hair with toe nail clippers. Yes, strand by strand my hair was finally cut into a cute bob that I didn’t have to put in a ponytail and rid most of the green from my hair. I felt a little more human at that point.

Almost the same just another take from my 'Twitter' account.

Justice4Travis ‏@Justice4TravisA 3m3 minutes ago
#JodiArias loses contact visit privileges for x-rated rant against guard http://fb.me/4W9Y0QXRj
I hate to quote myself, but here is what lead up to the x-rated rant (underline by me, because it's hilarious). I'm dying over here. :laughing:

According to the documents, Arias’s infraction began after a guard denied her permission to obtain a haircut.
“On the above date and approximate time COIII stated that inmate Arias had requested a haircut from our programs porter. I told him no since she is not assigned as the barber for the yard. Inmate Arias was in programs to do a legal phone call,” the documents state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo