AZ - Two 15-year-old girls shot dead at suburban Phoenix HS, Glendale 12 Feb 2016

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
A weapon was found near the bodies, Breeden said. When reporters asked whether this was a homicide-suicide or a double suicide, Breeden said she "can't confirm anything," but she said investigators don't believe any shooter is at large

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/12/us/arizona-high-school-shooting/

“We don’t believe that there’s any suspects that are out there … that we’re searching for, Breeden said.

The girls, both 10th-graders, had one gunshot wound each, Breeden said. The shooting happened at a covered patio area near a cafeteria before 8 a.m., prompting authorities to lock down the building as they investigated.

http://kdvr.com/2016/02/12/police-two-teens-reported-shot-at-suburban-phoenix-high-school/

Glendale Police officer Tracey Breeden said each of the two sophomores sustained a single gunshot wound, were found next to each other and were declared dead at the scene. They were found in an isolated area of campus near the administration building.

"This is not an active-shooter situation, and we realized that once we got on scene," she said.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...e-independence-high-school-shooting/80282174/

HOW PARENTS CAN PICK-UP THEIR CHILDREN

Students have been released from Independence High School, according to the district.

However, parents are not allowed on campus.

Parents have to meet at the Walmart near 75th Avenue and Glendale Avenue and will be bused to the school to be reunited with their student. Parents need to have identification to pick-up their student.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-we...g-double-shooting-at-independence-high-school

Looks like this may sadly be a case of searching for a permanent solution to what would have been a temporary problem.
Blessings to all those involved, especially the other students.
jmo

I think it sounds more like a double suicide. jmo

Like a suicide pact? That sounds very possible. 15 is such a tough age. My heart goes out to their families. :candle: :rose: :rose:

Like a suicide pact? That sounds very possible. 15 is such a tough age. My heart goes out to their families. :candle: :rose: :rose:

Yes, just a feeling I have. Very tragic either way.

I have to add the disclaimer that I am rarely right though. lol

Thank you for starting this thread tlcya. This one hits close to home, as I used to live near this area back in '99-'00.

My friends have kids that attend this and other area schools in the Peoria area, so when the story first broke (before it was released that the victims were girls), I was beside myself.

I wasn't able to start the thread (on the road), and just got home to check back here.

I watched the presser, and although the gun was found next to them, and LE was reiterating that they weren't looking for any suspects, I hope they complete the investigation to be absolutely sure. The evidence should speak for itself, since these two can no longer speak for themselves.

Perhaps I've been a WSer for too long, but that's just how I see it.

That said, whatever the case may be, they are gone far too soon.

:twocents:

:rose: :rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a suicide pact. :(

As if life isn't short enough... I wish they'd reached out for help and received it. Dark times can get better.
Not sure at all what was going on; just assuming here. Are there security cams that would point out they were the only two involved ?
My deepest condolences to their loved ones and to the other students !

Either way, whether murder/suicide or suicide pact, this is extremely sad.

Your either dealing with teenage domestic violence or two young girls who felt that they didn't have a reason to live any more. Both are equally tragic.

Yes, just a feeling I have. Very tragic either way.

I have to add the disclaimer that I am rarely right though. lol

Hi pop give yourself credit your often on target !

Male classmate, 15, of two teenage girls shot dead in murder-suicide at an Arizona high school says he provided them with the gun

Two teenagers shot dead in Arizona are Dorothy Dutiel and May Kieu

Police say 15-year-olds killed at the high school were 'in a relationship'

It is not known who shot who but officers called the deaths murder-suicide

A 15-year-old male classmate has come forward saying he provided one of the girls with the gun used in the murder-suicide

The boy allegedly took the gun from his parent's home without permission

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...h-school-says-provided-gun.html#ixzz40QJ7SBXo

Good Lord, no matter what the reason stated that a gun was needed, you know giving someone the gun isn't likely to turn out well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back