Found Deceased UK - Matthew Elmer, 23, Livingston, West Lothian, 13 Feb 2016

I used to stay in Livingston ten years ago my mum still lives near there. It's a massive town as is the county West Lothian as a whole so it's a huge search area. I wonder if Matthew has taken any cash out of his bank account or had taken any possessions with him.

Unfortunately Matthew is in an age group where young men can have mental health issues. Even though young men can seem as though they are fine they can bottle up how they are really feeling as they find it difficult to talk about. I hope if he wanted to be alone for a few days he gets in touch as his family must be worried sick.

I wonder if he took his phone and wallet with him and locked the house and took his keys with him. I will keep an eye out of any updates or news I find.

Matthew is still missing. Police Scotland and his family have made a fresh appeal for information and are pleading with Matthew to get in touch to let them know he is ok.

"Inspector Myles Marshall from Livingston Police Station said: “Our search for Matthew continues however we are growing increasingly concerned for his welfare as more time passes.

“Anyone who has seen Matthew or has information relevant to our inquiries is asked to contact police immediately and can even do so anonymously should they wish.

“I also appeal to Matthew directly to contact us or a family member to let us know you are safe.”

Anyone with information should contact Police Scotland on 101 or speak to any officer."

http://www.liveedinburghnews.org/fresh-appeal-to-help-find-missing-man-matthew-elmer/

I don't think poor Matthew wants to be found...

Its really odd, this case. No sightings or contact with anyone. Very strange.

Not confirmed or anything but I'd assume this is him.

"A man's body has been found near a road a leading off the M8 on the outskirts of Livingston.

The discovery was made just off the A899 Broxburn to Livingston road, near Junction 3 of the M8, at around 2.30pm on Tuesday.

The body has not yet been identified and police remain at the scene."

http://stv.tv/news/east-central/1345728-mans-body-discovered-near-motorway-in-west-lothian/

I hope this poor unidentified man wasn't run over and just left there to die. Any news updates appreciated I'm keeping my eye out for any updates.

Lots of posts on the search for Matthew facebook page and moments with Matt page from people giving their condolences to Matthew and his family. Obviously unconfirmed but sadly looks like the search is over. If true, RIP Matthew.

Just seen on BBC Scotland news conformation that the body found was Matthews. Very sad news.

I hope this poor unidentified man wasn't run over and just left there to die. Any news updates appreciated I'm keeping my eye out for any updates.

Nothing indicates he was hit by a car. His family said he hadn't been keeping well before he went missing and the police statement said the death is believed to be non-suspicious which is usually Police Scotland's wording for a suicide. The slip road was closed due to this, there is a wooded area close to it.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back