GUILTY WI - Caroline Nosal, 24, shot to death, Madison, 2 Feb 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
These 14 Women Were Brutally Attacked for Rejecting Men — Why Aren't We Talking About It?

It was "easy" for Christopher O'Kroley to kill Caroline Nosal, his coworker at a Madison, Wisconsin, grocery store and the object of his unrequited affection. He said so himself earlier this month, when he was arrested for fatally shooting Nosal because she rejected his romantic advances. He reportedly "wanted more" from their relationship and she turned him down.
So he killed her.

Doing so was easy not just because O'Kroley was able to get a gun quickly and legally and learn how to use it, but also because this happens all the time. Murdering the woman who rejected him was as easy for O'Kroley as it is for the other men who refuse to be refused — men who would sooner take a life than take no for an answer.

In fact, in the first two months of 2016 alone, Nosal and another woman, Janese Talton-Jackson, were murdered in the United States by men whose advances they declined. Both victims are part of a longer list of women — 14, to be exact — who were attacked by men they turned down in the U.S. in the past year.

fb9b0f59e233dcc024ddba355cbf09bd

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/14-women-were-brutally-attacked-140600254.html

Madison man pleads guilty to killing former grocery store co-worker - July

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/local/crime-and-courts/madison-man-pleads-guilty-to-killing-former-grocery-store-co/article_cc5fa805-717d-584a-9f8e-3891fa0a652b.html

Christopher O’Kroley pleaded guilty on Thursday to the February killing of a former grocery store co-worker who complained to management that he had harassed her.

O’Kroley, 26, shot and killed Caroline Nosal, 24, of Stoughton, in the head and abdomen outside of the Metro Market, 6010 Cottage Grove Road, on Feb. 2, the day after he was fired from the store. O’Kroley blamed Nosal for losing his job, according to a criminal complaint.

Along with pleading guilty to first-degree intentional homicide, O’Kroley also pleaded guilty to first-degree reckless endangerment Thursday for shooting at Madison Police officer Michele Walker as she tried to arrest him near East Towne Mall the day after he killed Nosal.

Judge sentences O'Kroley to life in prison - September

http://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Judge-sentences-OKroley--395455401.html

Judge William Hanrahan sentenced O'Kroley to life in prison with eligibility of parole in 2056 for his charge of first degree intentional homicide. But if O'Kroley gets that eligibility, he starts a 10 year sentence for his second charge, first degree recklessly endangering safety, five of that to be served behind bars, the other five under extended supervision.

During his final statement, O'Kroley's attorney says Christopher has taken responsibility for all that he did.

"He's done something evil and he knows it and he has told me over and over again, as he told the PSI writer that he feels he deserves to die for that," O'Kroley's Attorney, Adam Welch, said.

Following the sentencing Caroline's dad Jim Nosal shared with NBC15 his reaction to the decision.

"I feel that the sentence is fair. I guess my concern is will he rehabilitate? I mean, maybe he will. I guess I'm blessed because I won't probably be around here," Nosal said. "So it'll be left to whoever takes over for you guys, if he comes out and does it again, then we would have let society down."

JAN 20, 2019
Family of slain Madison woman sues employer
The family of a Madison woman who was fatally shot by her co-worker is suing the grocery store where she worked for allegedly failing to protect her.

The Wisconsin State Journal reports that Caroline Nosal’s family recently filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Metro Market and its owners.

The lawsuit says the store’s owners and managers knew that O’Kroley had harassed female co-workers and was accused of sexually assaulting one of them. The suit alleges that the owners failed to warn Nosal about O’Kroley.

Nosal’s family is also accusing the store of failing to properly supervise or investigate O’Kroley after learning of his behavior.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back