NOW AVAILABLE: iPhone App: Murder Postscripts - "Making a Murderer Edition"

shadowraiths

LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Special
Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings all, there is so much documentation for this case, that I decided to create an app. It is still waiting for review, at the moment. Though, hopefully, it will be approved by tomorrow or early next week.

I'll post a link, once it's deployed. In the meantime, here is a link to the app website (it requires javascript to be enabled, to display, as it's using HTML5), here is a description of the app:

The purpose of this special edition app is to augment the 10 episode Netflix "Making a Murderer" docuseries, by providing a crime map along with supplemental legal data, as well as a twitter search feed for following the public's response to the series.

The primary crime map provides individual views involving everything from the multiple alleged crime scenes to known relationships of both the victim and the accused. Web content links, where available, are also provided in the individual information callouts.

In addition to the crime map, this app provides free access to public domain documentation relating to this complex case. These documents include but are not limited to trial transcripts, appeals, court opinions, interviews, and evidentiary pictures that were presented at trial.

The twitter feed allows you to keep up to date on this case through the use of #MakingAMurderer, #StevenAvery, and #BrendanDassey search hashtags, and will launch the twitter app, if you click on a tweet. The info section includes attributions, an about section, and a psychological profiling section for aspiring profilers.

Depending upon interest, we plan to provide other features and support other cases. Especially those features and/or cases requested by our loyal customers! So, please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and/or ideas.

And finally, as with our other apps, this app is ad free. No registration required, no hidden fees, nor will you be pestered with reminders to review the app. We simply hope that if you find it useful, you will spread the word and take the time to rate this app in the AppStore.

And here is a screenshot of the some, not all, of the app screens.

Murder%20Postscripts-sm_zpsggj79o85.jpg

I plan to update it, once it's been approved. For example, I want to give users the option to not use their 3G/4G when on the road, to mitigate bandwidth.

As for other updates, such as docs, pics, as well as crime map locations, I can/will update those from my server database, without requiring users to update their apps.

Speaking of the crime map, at the moment, the individual info callouts just take users to a google search. However, I plan to directly link to trial transcripts, where relevant. But that takes time, as I have to scour trial transcripts to determine which transcripts to link. I also plan to update the callout pictures. Though, the latter is more for look/feel, as opposed to utility.

In any event, once the app has released to iTunes, or even before, I would love feedback regarding what it's missing, what you would like to see, etcetera.

For example, the original implementation displayed all of the pictures in a single screen. However, that is a real pain if you're looking for specific pictures, and have to scroll through 255 pictures, so I updated the app so that users can browse the pictures by categories.

Anyway, that is the scoop for now. Hopefully this thing will be approved sooner than later!

P.s. unlike my free Serial Killer Tracker (SK Tracker) crime mapping app, I will be charging for this one ($0.99) to cover not only the work that went in to building it, but server, storage and bandwidth cost, as well.

I won't be able to use this app... BUT how cool, I wish I could!!!!! Many times I've been at work and I can't open some of the documents and it's frustrating! LOL

I won't be able to use this app... BUT how cool, I wish I could!!!!! Many times I've been at work and I can't open some of the documents and it's frustrating! LOL
Yeah, unfortunately, I only have an iPhone/iPad. And there are a ton of Android variations, which, imho, would be a nightmare to support. Though, if an android dev comes along and volunteers to make one, I'll happily give them the API info.

Yeah, unfortunately, I only have an iPhone/iPad. And there are a ton of Android variations, which, imho, would be a nightmare to support. Though, if an android dev comes along and volunteers to make one, I'll happily give them the API info.

Even worse..... I've had a windows phone for a few years and just can't be bothered to change LOL Waiting for it to die before I have to make a change *sigh*

Even worse..... I've had a windows phone for a few years and just can't be bothered to change LOL Waiting for it to die before I have to make a change *sigh*
I totally forgot about Windows phones!

Just a quick note to let those who may be interested, know, this app is *finally* in the iTunes app store. Here is the direct link.

Murder Postscripts: - "Making a Murderer Edition"

As an fyi, all crime map points, transcripts, and crime scene photos will continue to be updated as necessary. Though, this occurs through my server, so you won't need to update the app to be able to access the new material.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back