UK UK - Bath, Human foot found in park, Feb'16

I can't believe they showed a pic of the foot, interesting. I'm definitely no expert in foot decomposition but if it's been there the whole time it looks relatively "fresh". Looks like a woman's foot to me, judging by the proportions.

There is a girl missing in the area since new years day, Paula Naomi Evans. Can't find details on where she went missing from though.

I can't believe they showed a pic of the foot, interesting. I'm definitely no expert in foot decomposition but if it's been there the whole time it looks relatively "fresh". Looks like a woman's foot to me, judging by the proportions.

There is a girl missing in the area since new years day, Paula Naomi Evans. Can't find details on where she went missing from though.

I thought it strange that the foot picture is on there, it wasn't earlier when the first report appeared. I imagine the picture will be taken down soon.

Couldn't possibly be really bad storage/disposal from a hospital could it? Only asking as a family member recently had a foot amputated (not in Bath) and the thought popped into my head. However I see that the person who found it thought it had been 'dug up'.

Like others, I'm surprised the photo was published - not very nice for the family of whoever it belongs to, especially if they have seen the report knowing it might be 'their' missing person.

I am also surprised by the photo. It does give insight into why people often think decedents/body parts are mannequins. It does not look gory at all-it almost doesn't look realistic. Must be some quirk of the human brain.

Nine theories about how the severed foot ended up in Bath park:
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/theo...ed-Bath-park/story-28814349-detail/story.html

Timeline of events this week:
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Bath-foot/story-28814138-detail/story.html

Bath Royal United Hospital cooperating with police:
http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Seve...tal-confirms/story-28801666-detail/story.html

However, they [the police] have said they are conducting further forensic tests based on the findings of the initial pathology examination of the foot and that they have not yet turned up any links with missing persons or previous crimes.

Ooh yuk- uk media tends to hardly ever show graphic content such as that in the article - compared to US media that is. I've heard literally nothing about this case on media. Wonder if it may belong to a missing person.

Hmmm..... police say tests were inconclusive and they were unable to get a full DNA sample. Why would that be?

Also, "There is no other damage and we can say for certain the foot has not been separated from the leg due to some sort of impact". What does that mean? Impact? Huh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-35707271

Hmmm..... police say tests were inconclusive and they were unable to get a full DNA sample. Why would that be?

Also, "There is no other damage and we can say for certain the foot has not been separated from the leg due to some sort of impact". What does that mean? Impact? Huh?

The foot just fell off??! That's strange they couldn't get a full DNA sample I don't understand how that would work. Any indication yet of how old the foot is? I mean how long it's been dead if you know what I mean!

I think they're trying to say it wasn't severed.

The foot may have become separated from the rest of the body by scavengers. That's what I thought when I saw the picture of the foot, because the edges of the wound look so jagged/uneven.

Could the foot (or body) have been soaked in something that would eradicate DNA, pulled off by an animal but then uneaten and left because of what ever it could of been soaked in? Just seems weird no DNA when it looks so..whole?

Could the foot (or body) have been soaked in something that would eradicate DNA, pulled off by an animal but then uneaten and left because of what ever it could of been soaked in? Just seems weird no DNA when it looks so..whole?

Any Medical schools/Teaching hospitals around here?

When I did my medical training, we were allocated a 'body' we worked on for 2 years.

Sad to say, but body parts may have been removed from the anatomy labs!

Unacceptable, I acknowledge now, but medical students quickly become desensitised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any Medical schools/Teaching hospitals around here?

When I did my medical training, we were allocated a 'body' we worked on for 2 years.

Sad to say, but body parts may have been removed from the anatomy labs!

Unacceptable, I acknowledge now, but medical students quickly become desensitised.

Yes, there is Bath hospital very near by and that idea was on the table from the start.

Out of interest, what did the med students end up doing with any parts which may have, ahem, accidentally left the lab?!

Yes, there is Bath hospital very near by and that idea was on the table from the start.

Out of interest, what did the med students end up doing with any parts which may have, ahem, accidentally left the lab?!

Sorry my post is not worded very well.
Body parts were never removed from the lab, to my knowledge. I think it a highly unlikely scenario, but it was just a passing thought!

I find it hard to believe that DNA cannot be extracted from these remains, and was trying to think of a possible reason for that, for example, if the limb had been preserved in formalin?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back