Marry Your Baby's Daddy Day

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Arial, Helvetica]Ten couples tied the knot in a group wedding billed as ``Marry Your Baby Daddy Day.''

Each of the couples who married at the House of the Lord Church had been living together for years and had children together.

``The older I get, I see getting married as the way to go,'' said Garfield James, 34, who married Millicent Ellis, 35. ``I want to raise my kids the right way.''

The ceremony was organized by Maryann Reid, author of the book ``Marry Your Baby Daddy,'' who said she was dismayed by what she said were too many single-parent families within the black community.

``Single parenthood is very much accepted as the norm and being married is looked at as unusual,'' she said.

http://www.southflorida.com/news/sfl-930babydaddy
[/font]

Of course you have to go to Maury or Jerry Springer to find out WHO the baby's daddy is first!:waitasec:

Linda7NJ said:
Of course you have to go to Maury or Jerry Springer to find out WHO the baby's daddy is first!:waitasec:

ROFL ! good point linda

Pook said:
The gramatical error of this title
1boohoo.gif
2sorry.gif

No! Not yours. You spelled it correctly. It's the real title of the book that's wrong.

(sorry, my mother was a teacher; this kind of stuff was beat into my head, though heaven knows I make enough gramatical errors on my own to think I never paid attention at all)

Rofl Pook - I changed mine because the one in the article looked funny -I thought you meant mine was wrong. Phew!

Pook said:
No! Not yours. You spelled it correctly. It's the real title of the book that's wrong.

(sorry, my mother was a teacher; this kind of stuff was beat into my head, though heaven knows I make enough gramatical errors on my own to think I never paid attention at all)

Leaving off that 's is a pet peeve of mine, I just boil over when I see it. I had one of my son's teachers tell me "Matt paper be on the table." She not only failed to use the possesive form of my son's name, she was also referring to a stack of about 30 papers as "paper." I went ballistic on her.

OMG, that led to trouble. Do not attempt to teach my child if you cannot speak English correctly!

The "Baby Daddy" is an accepted name for a suspected father. It is not meant to be necessarily in the posessive form, nor is it meant to be proper English, much as the expressions "cool" and "far out" were accepted although grammatically incorrect during the 60's and 70's.

IslandGirl said:
The "Baby Daddy" is an accepted name for a suspected father. It is not meant to be necessarily in the posessive form, nor is it meant to be proper English, much as the expressions "cool" and "far out" were accepted although grammatically incorrect during the 60's and 70's.

accepted where??? It's become a joke around here, and that's the only acceptability I see.

IslandGirl said:

"Cool" and "far out" are gramatically correct. And harmless slang of youth.

Marry your baby daddy is an abomination, and grammar is not the worst of it.

"Suspected father" is also an abomination, Island girl. God help those kids whose mothers have only a suspicion of who the father is, and don't marry their baby daddy.

How have we strayed so far in so few years?

kgeaux said:
accepted where??? It's become a joke around here, and that's the only acceptability I see.

It IS accepted. Baby daddy and baby mama, and the derivatives "first baby mama" and "first baby daddy".

It's not accepted grammar among anyone who ever would hope to succeed in the US.

God bless Bill Cosby, and prayers that he will succeed in his efforts to wipe out this abhorrent thinking and speaking, despite overwhelming odds and screaming opposition.

Did you read the synopsis of the novel? 3 grandaughter's are in line for a 3 Million dollar inheiritence if they marry their 'baby daddy'. These women are professional lawyers, etc.

kgeaux said:
I agree with you. However, ignorance will be accepted by the ignorant. "My baby daddy" just sounds too low class and crude for me - JMHO, of course

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back