1989 Arson Clues

Red Viewfinder

Reaction score
http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/is-wetterling-person-of-interest-connected-to-a-1989-arson/

I know we have discussed the Heinrich arson connection on other threads, but I keep coming back to it.

As much as I want Jacob to walk into his childhood home tomorrow, the burning and demolition of this house, so shortly after the abduction, seems so obvious.

Heinrich wasn't suspected in the arson when the house, right down to the infill, was hauled away. No one was watching for a charred body. Does it not seem likely that Heinrich burned that house down to dispose of Jacob's little body? Isn't that why this case never gets anywhere?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

I think that the fire department and investigators are very conscious of looking for a dead body.

I imagine in a fire of unknown origin they are looking. And I think insurance companies are looking too. They hate to part with a penny

Yes. You are right about that. (Sigh). There is something more to that house burning though. He knew the people that owned it, had burglarized it before and taken photographs back to his house.
What was the deal????? So creepy. Then he burned it to the ground 3 weeks after Jacob's abduction.
So frustrating!! Where's Jacob? Where did he put him?

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2015/11/12/is-wetterling-person-of-interest-connected-to-a-1989-arson/

I know we have discussed the Heinrich arson connection on other threads, but I keep coming back to it.

As much as I want Jacob to walk into his childhood home tomorrow, the burning and demolition of this house, so shortly after the abduction, seems so obvious.

Heinrich wasn't suspected in the arson when the house, right down to the infill, was hauled away. No one was watching for a charred body. Does it not seem likely that Heinrich burned that house down to dispose of Jacob's little body? Isn't that why this case never gets anywhere?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.

The fire was investigated as an arson, and the source was determined to originate from a basement storage room. It's my belief that if there were a body in the fire, that there would have been evidence found of that.

The arson is more compelling, in my opinion, as an element of behavioral patterns of serial violent offenders. The two characteristics are strongly linked.

Suggested reading: Mindhunters by John Douglas, excellent book

Yes. You are right about that. (Sigh). There is something more to that house burning though. He knew the people that owned it, had burglarized it before and taken photographs back to his house.
What was the deal????? So creepy. Then he burned it to the ground 3 weeks after Jacob's abduction.
So frustrating!! Where's Jacob? Where did he put him?

Something that has received little, if any, attention in the media is that another home next door caught fire on October 12, 1989.

It makes me sad to think that sweet Jacob was still home with his family, tucked into his cozy bed on October 12, 1989. Geez, sometimes life is unfair.

Do you know anything about that fire?

I know it was very close to the other fire, and that the triad of violent criminal behavior includes bed wetting, arson, and serial molestation.

The cruelty to animals makes sense. The bed wetting is curious though. Is it physiological? Are criminals brains less developed leading to delayed physical development? Is it an insecurity thing, since many are abused as kids? Very curious.

I imagine the bed wetting is by the abused child although some kids wet the bed because of small capacity.

Another thing is obesity in women. They eat to make themselves unattractive to the abuser, it is felt

Yeah, the Macdonald Triad, we've been discussing it a bit in the Avery thread. IF you've researched it, and BELIEVE it to be true,I suppose. I don't know. Some studies, ugh. I'm NOT at all anti research. Just really like to read several sources before clicking on one link and taking it as gospel is all. The Macdonald Triad has been " debunked " so to speak, by " other " studies. IMO, it probably comes down to WHO is conducting the study? Person(s) being studied? Number of subjects in the study? Ect. JMO
I know it was very close to the other fire, and that the triad of violent criminal behavior includes bed wetting, arson, and serial molestation.

But, if they were not looking for a body?
I absolutely get your point here, I know it's hard to tell via text =) I just can't help but wonder THEN with the LACK of experience and obvious, not so sharp " missing persons training " ( sorry, don't know how to put it I guess ) maybe the proper " experts " weren't called in? I'm just guessing/thinking out loud. Bouncing off of what Red Viewfinder had said earlier. If no one was even thinking of remains, perhaps no one looked? Just DH being SO confident poor Jacob will never be found, is very scary.
The fire was investigated as an arson, and the source was determined to originate from a basement storage room. It's my belief that if there were a body in the fire, that there would have been evidence found of that.

The arson is more compelling, in my opinion, as an element of behavioral patterns of serial violent offenders. The two characteristics are strongly linked.

Suggested reading: Mindhunters by John Douglas, excellent book

Just thinking about this again this morning, although I don't have time right now to look up links...
I need to look up when LE first had eyes on Heinrich. They said it was 24/7 for a long time. Wouldn't they have seen him going to this house? Am I remembering correctly that LE had men on Lake Koronis (right across the highway from this home) for a while? Did they start doing this after the fire? Did they connect or suspect that DJH had some sort of involvement in the fire and that's why they were there afterwards? Or were they there during the time of the fire? If so, why didn't they notice it in time? The house was completely destroyed. I want to figure out a timeline, but in the meantime just wanted to throw that out there. If this has already been timelined, I'd appreciate being pointed in that direction.

Just thinking about this again this morning, although I don't have time right now to look up links...
I need to look up when LE first had eyes on Heinrich. They said it was 24/7 for a long time. Wouldn't they have seen him going to this house? Am I remembering correctly that LE had men on Lake Koronis (right across the highway from this home) for a while? Did they start doing this after the fire? Did they connect or suspect that DJH had some sort of involvement in the fire and that's why they were there afterwards? Or were they there during the time of the fire? If so, why didn't they notice it in time? The house was completely destroyed. I want to figure out a timeline, but in the meantime just wanted to throw that out there. If this has already been timelined, I'd appreciate being pointed in that direction.

I saw an interview with heinrich where he says he knew he was being followed for months and it was complete hell. Good surveillance? Not so much.

I saw an interview with heinrich where he says he knew he was being followed for months and it was complete hell. Good surveillance? Not so much.

Heinrich was a "Street Smart" criminal, IMO. He watched a lot of crime shows, and probably back in the day read detective mags. Just MO.

I have been looking a few things up as I try to recover from the flu :/ Of course I'm limited to online info only, and I'm not having much luck. Does anyone know where DAH was living along or around Lake Koronis in Paynesville? Going back through all the threads, it turns out LE was sitting on Lake Koronis watching DAH early on in the investigation (not Heinrich, at least not yet). Where was DAH's house located? When did they start watching him?

So, trying to put all this together... forgive me for rambling, my brain is fried from being sick and taking care of sick children... DJH went to the Jude family house along Lake Koronis as he was growing up. He would hang out with some of the Wurm family boys (Mrs. Jude's nephews) there. He had "ewww" pictures of them found by LE in 1990 (??).

Ver soon after Jacob's abduction, DJH moves into his dad's house, also along Lake Koronis. Very soon after this, the Jude family house is burned to smithereens one weekend while the family is gone. It had been robbed prior to this (when?). Everything was bulldozed out and a new house was built (same spot?) In 1990. The Judes still live there.

Apparently another house was also set on fire nearby. Where? When? (ELOC, I'm talking to you:). )

I'm interested in noting these locations on a map of Lake Koronis and surrounding area. Just curious about where and when all these things played out. I have a satellite image with the Heinrich and Jude homes marked.

Was the lake ever searched?

Heinrich was a "Street Smart" criminal, IMO. He watched a lot of crime shows, and probably back in the day read detective mags. Just MO.
Hm. I've never thought of him as being particularly bright... but now I think I agree. It took a long time to pin him to Jared, and he gas seemed pretty confident about not being tied to Jacob. Who knows what else he has gotten away with.

Bump*
I have been looking a few things up as I try to recover from the flu :/ Of course I'm limited to online info only, and I'm not having much luck. Does anyone know where DAH was living along or around Lake Koronis in Paynesville? Going back through all the threads, it turns out LE was sitting on Lake Koronis watching DAH early on in the investigation (not Heinrich, at least not yet). Where was DAH's house located? When did they start watching him?

So, trying to put all this together... forgive me for rambling, my brain is fried from being sick and taking care of sick children... DJH went to the Jude family house along Lake Koronis as he was growing up. He would hang out with some of the Wurm family boys (Mrs. Jude's nephews) there. He had "ewww" pictures of them found by LE in 1990 (??).

Ver soon after Jacob's abduction, DJH moves into his dad's house, also along Lake Koronis. Very soon after this, the Jude family house is burned to smithereens one weekend while the family is gone. It had been robbed prior to this (when?). Everything was bulldozed out and a new house was built (same spot?) In 1990. The Judes still live there.

Apparently another house was also set on fire nearby. Where? When? (ELOC, I'm talking to you:). )

I'm interested in noting these locations on a map of Lake Koronis and surrounding area. Just curious about where and when all these things played out. I have a satellite image with the Heinrich and Jude homes marked.

Was the lake ever searched?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back