Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Deorr-Kunz-Jr-jpg.jpg

Deorr Kunz Jr.

Missing two year old in Lemhi County

Search crews are looking for a missing two year old boy who was camping with his family in the Leadore area.

He was last seen wearing a camo jacket, blue sweatpants and camo cowboy boots.

http://m.localnews8.com/news/Missing-two-year-old-in-Lemhi-County/34110688

Sheriff names parents suspects in disappearance of Idaho toddler
By Crimesider Staff CBS News January 25, 2016, 4:26 PM

[...]

"They are the top persons of interest," Bowerman told CBS affiliate KBOI. "Does that mean they're suspects? Yeah I think so."

[...]

"They know something, I just don't know what they know," he told the station. "It causes me alarm. I believe they know where he is absolutely."

Sheriff: Parents named as suspects in DeOrr Kunz Jr. case
By David Ashby dashby@journalnet.com Jan 25, 2016

[...]

“We’ve interviewed them multiple times, and every time there are changes to parts of their story,” Bowerman said. “The little things all change every time we speak with them.”

[...]

"We re-interviewed them, but they weren’t willing to tell us the truth,” Bowerman said.
The last interview with the parents was conducted this past weekend.

Out of the four suspects interviewed, Bowerman said Reinwand’s story has been the most consistent. However, all four are still considered persons of interest in the case, the sheriff said.

"They were at the scene, so we won’t rule them out,” Bowerman said. “But in terms of persons of interest, I think mom and dad are higher on the list.”
NamUs MP 29726

Case Map

ID - Deorr Kunz Jr, 2 yr old -- Media,Timelines and Maps **NO DISCUSSION"

Thread #1
Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21

I just found another no-body missing child murder conviction.this one was in Pennsylvania.

James Johnson was 4 years old when his mother's boyfriend claimed he left the child in the car alone whilst he was in a supermarket, then returned to find him gone.

Because James's body never was found, the Commonwealth offered circumstantial proof of his death, including his age, the fact that no one saw him at the supermarket parking lot, the peculiar circumstances of the preceding two days wherein James was not seen conscious or awake by anyone, the inconsistent nature of appellant's statements to police after James's "disappearance," and the failure of hundreds of search volunteers to turn up any evidence of James's whereabouts.

In order to establish the malice necessary to prove murder, the Commonwealth provided testimony from several sources that appellant repeatedly abused James, both physically and mentally. Also offered as evidence by the Commonwealth was a statement made by appellant while in jail which was overheard by another inmate. While on the telephone, appellant said that the police were not looking in the right place, which was the local dump.

In the appeal opinion, the judges write:

The evidence presented at trial clearly shows that whatever happened to James happened while he was in appellant's custody.

The same circumstances which support the conclusion that James is dead, including appellant's story about how the child disappeared and his contradictory statements, invite the inference that James did not disappear on his own but was made to "disappear" by appellant himself.

http://law.justia.com/cases/pennsylvania/superior-court/1994/433-pa-super-280-2.html

I just found another no-body missing child murder conviction.this one was in Pennsylvania.

James Johnson was 4 years old when his mother's boyfriend claimed he left the child in the car alone whilst he was in a supermarket, then returned to find him gone.

http://law.justia.com/cases/pennsylvania/superior-court/1994/433-pa-super-280-2.html

I think I posted this the other day. Here is a list of murder convictions without a body that somebody compiled on Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_murder_convictions_without_a_body

From DatelineFan on previous thread (sorry couldn't reply to it):

About IR statements we have seen.

"Or he's sticking to the narrative that the parents gave, publicly. We have no idea what he might be telling LE, privately. "

Just wanted to thank you for this post because I had not considered that LE could be helping to direct things we hear from this point on.

For example lets suppose IR and maybe even Grandpa has now given LE a true but very different accounting of things than anything we ever heard in the early reports. LE may also be telling them to keep to the first narrative in any conversations with anyone.

LE purpose of course would be to further the case and that is a noble purpose.

I was very impressed with LE when we learned the extensive searching and resources attached to this case. I would not be surprised if we end up learning that LE knows a lot more about what happened and is playing "dumb" with us and everyone else until they can take the case to court.

Thank you for helping me have more confidence about this case. You brought up some really good points about LE investigations.

I have two conflicting thoughts about the current situation.

On one hand, the Sheriff seems to be a reliable, honest, hard-working officer who doesn't overstate things and isn't given to innuendo.

On the other hand, just because LE says something, doesn't make it true, and there has been no concrete evidence presented.

On one hand, the Sheriff seems to be a reliable, honest, hard-working officer who doesn't overstate things and isn't given to innuendo.

On the other hand, just because LE says something, doesn't make it true, and there has been no concrete evidence presented.
Before deciding whether or not to accept the words of another at face value, a responsible individual will make an effort to accurately understand what has been stated, without giving way to distortions.

JMO

Before deciding whether or not to accept the words of another at face value, a responsible individual will make an effort to accurately understand what has been stated, without giving way to distortions.

JMO
and to understand the motivation behind what is being stated. SB is in a position to serve and protect the public. He did not speak about the seriousness of the investigation into the parents until there was significant public movement towards financially supporting their own little investigation. He was acting as a public servant by acknowledging the evidence against the parents truthfulness. He was also very careful not to go totally overboard in his accusations. He wasn't malicious in his statements, but he was very clear and factual. Can you imagine the mess there would be if LE had remained silent & allowed people to donate? There has been official silence since his statement, which to me speaks volumes. They've publicly declared the parents as suspects & have not waivered, adjusted or re-stated that position. Enough said in my book.

JMO

I seem to have stepped into an argument that I wasn't part of and didn't intend to reference. I don't think polygraphs are evidence, is all.

Bringing forward the NamUS Case Report link, with the image of Little DeOrr's birthmark:

NamUs - National Missing Persons Data System Case Report - 29726
e0efc61a18c0a9a44fc6798787ffc260.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/29726

As we begin his 22nd thread together, I hope and pray this is the thread that finally allows the truth of what happened, and where he is, to come to light.

Thank you all for continuing to be a resounding voice for this precious little child!

We will not be silenced!

#FindDeOrr

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I imagine interviews with LE could be used as evidence against a party though.

I imagine interviews with LE could be used as evidence against a party though.
Unless that party had an agreement with LE. Maybe a trade off arranged by legal representation? Information & compliance for reduced charges? Is that something that happens in real life?

Unless that party had an agreement with LE. Maybe a trade off arranged by legal representation? Information & compliance for reduced charges? Is that something that happens in real life?
Yes, it does happen. I hope it will happen very soon in DeOrr's case.

@Hatfield, no problem! I'm glad you got something out of it! :) I wouldn't be surprised at all if IR is helping out some. In fact, I think that's part of why he has really tried to avoid speaking to the media as much as possible.

ETA - even if he isn't "helping" I think he's wise not to speak publicly. I sure wouldn't!

I think I understand what you're saying. I feel the same way...at least I think I do.

I think SB is a respectable LE officer. In naming the parent suspects, he felt it was the right and best thing to do. He has a case to solve, and a missing child to find. I think he's doing what he believes will further that along. I don't think he made that decision lightly, and I'm sure weighed the pros & cons.

Personally, "less than truthful" polygraphs, and inconsistency, isn't enough for me to judge the parents guilty of anything, ..other than that...less than truthful polygraphs, and inconsistency.
Before I can judge them, in good conscience, guilty of harming Deorr I'd have to hear more evidence.

@Hatfield, no problem! I'm glad you got something out of it! :) I wouldn't be surprised at all if IR is helping out some. In fact, I think that's part of why he has really tried to avoid speaking to the media as much as possible.

ETA - even if he isn't "helping" I think he's wise not to speak publicly. I sure wouldn't!

Thank you so much for sharing the perspective you gained from such a dark experience. It would take so much courage to go through something like that. The waiting must have given you a new sense of time, especially with the fear and anger you must have felt. You're an amazing person to have survived that ordeal...in what seems to be one strong piece.

That really does put many things in perspective for me. It's heartbreaking to see or hear about victims that can break free of that identity. And I say that without an ounce of judgement..just empathy. It's inspiring to see somebody write their own narrative where they can be the hero instead of a tragic figure. Thank you.

It also reaffirms my instincts about Deorr's case. LE, D.A.s etc must be allowed to take their time to get it right. Frustrating or not, its about justice above and beyond all else.

@persimmom thanks so much! You're very kind! I really didn't share that for anything other than a little perspective. It gets very frustrating when we don't hear from LE. I still get frustrated with this case. I've only read all of the threads recently. You all have been following Deorr since day one. I thought it might help us all to remember why we have to wait. :)

I don't know if I would call myself strong. Ha! It's been a looooong process to somewhat get to the other side of the situation, get over guilt, etc. Everyone has a story and we all find our ways to cope with them and hopefully grow. My goal is to keep getting stronger and healthier. And to do what I can to make a difference when given the opportunity.

We're all here for these victims who can't speak for themselves any more. I wish each of them could get the justice they deserve.

I think I understand what you're saying. I feel the same way...at least I think I do.

I think SB is a respectable LE officer. In naming the parent suspects, he felt it was the right and best thing to do. He has a case to solve, and a missing child to find. I think he's doing what he believes will further that along. I don't think he made that decision lightly, and I'm sure weighed the pros & cons.

Personally, "less than truthful" polygraphs, and inconsistency, isn't enough for me to judge the parents guilty of anything, ..other than that...less than truthful polygraphs, and inconsistency.
Before I can judge them, in good conscience, guilty of harming Deorr I'd have to hear more evidence.
You pretty much explained exactly how I feel but so much better. Lol

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Bringing forward the NamUS Case Report link, with the image of Little DeOrr's birthmark:

NamUs - National Missing Persons Data System Case Report - 29726
e0efc61a18c0a9a44fc6798787ffc260.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/29726

As we begin his 22nd thread together, I hope and pray this is the thread that finally allows the truth of what happened, and where he is, to come to light.

Thank you all for continuing to be a resounding voice for this precious little child!

We will not be silenced!

#FindDeOrr

:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wondering why this picture was even taken.
I would have never thought to photograph my kids' birthmarks at random. Probably not a bad idea for parents to do, but who thinks to do this in general? Sure, they all got fingerprinted and had their pictures taken at some mall thing, I think, as a public-awareness thingy once. But just as a thing to do.
Who actually has a picture of their kid's birthmark taken, with the hair pulled up to show it, just at random? (Neurotic Websleuthers don't count!)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I would have never thought to photograph my kids' birthmarks at random. Probably not a bad idea for parents to do, but who thinks to do this in general? Sure, they all got fingerprinted and had their pictures taken at some mall thing, I think, as a public-awareness thingy once. But just as a thing to do.
Who actually has a picture of their kid's birthmark taken, with the hair pulled up to show it, just at random? (Neurotic Websleuthers don't count!)

Might be a picture of that's just blown up. Like a pic of him watching something and they took it from behind him but LE Blew it up so you can see the birthmark.
OT but all 4 of my girls have almost the same birthmark as that. Same spot on all of them just different sizes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do we know that is DeOrr? I assumed it was just a photo to show what his birthmark looked like, not that it was actually him. (It kind of looks like a girl to me...) Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni