CA CA - Tami Seymour, 37, West Sacramento, 12 Oct 1995

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
2da2db12-4141-4be2-a56f-60e3fc4a2629_zpsy28oty3g.jpg

Written by Tami's daughter, from October 2015:

http://mom.me/latina-mom/24030-my-mom-vanished-20-years-ago/

The picture they used was a former mugshot. She looked so grotesque, so hardened by her life. The article got some of the details wrong — details that to this day bother me... The article was the only media coverage her case received. I didn't know that then, nor could I have understood, how different the police treat a missing persons case when the person missing is an ex-convict. Her case didn't go cold; it was on ice the moment she disappeared.

It wasn't until 1999, seven months before the birth of my second child, that I took a renewed interest in her disappearance... I spent hours on the phone tracking down the new detective assigned to her case, and once I found him, I managed to ignite his interest in the circumstances surrounding her disappearance, too...

Up until then, nothing more than preliminary investigative work had been done. Witness statements were collected, reports were filed. The room she went missing from was never tested for traces of blood. No luminol or black lights were ever used to see if she'd been murdered in her motel room. By the time I was in touch with the detective about her case, the motel had long been torn down.

Most interesting of all, my mother's ex-husband, the man she had only recently left before she disappeared, had never been questioned.

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/11862

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/seymour_tami.html

Thanks much to OkieGranny for making this thread for me. I don't want to spam to get my post count up, so I can't do it myself yet, haha. ^^;

Normally I'd have just passed this case by for lack of information (sad, but don't we all), but the article written by her daughter really tugged at the heartstrings, and since there's family interest, it seems solvable. DNA is in there along with fingerprints (not that that would likely matter after all these years), and the dentals are also, but have yet to be submitted according to NamUS. Not to be a downer, but I'm convinced she's dead by now.

Wonder if I should attempt to contact the daughter and let her know a thread has been started here on her mother?

I submitted a match to namus for jane doe found in rural polk county oregon 1996 to be compared with tami Seymour. The only thing is that I'm not sure if tami Seymour ever had any type of head injury or surgery.. the skull they found had a cut on the skull. Other then that she fits the profile pretty closely. A little bit younger then the age, but a white woman , close in height, large nose .missing date lines up with date they think UIP had died.
Namus UP9457

That's a good article. I hope someday her mother's case is solved, although that probably won't happen unless she is I'd as a Jane Doe somewhere near there.

This is so well written and heartbreaking. Not only has her daughter learned, I think we all can learn from the content.

It has a lot of information. F.i. that her daughter isn't absolutely sure she had full dentures, although this is in some of Tami's MP files. It's not only about Tami's missing/murder? case but also about the emotional process a family member of a missing person goes through, the investigation (that spread out over years and years), all the steps that were taken, including DNA research. Sadly all her daughter's efforts and that of LE, didn't lead to finding her mother or her remains. Maybe one day she will know. Sending very good thoughts.

Since there were no dental records available, I resorted to tracking down a family friend and asking about my mother’s teeth. I learned my mom did have a couple bottom teeth, of this the family friend was certain.

Refreshing some links
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Tami Lyn Seymour – The Charley Project

Can someone help out and take a look if there are any rule outs named in the Namus file. Thanks a lot upfront.

Last edited:
This is so well written and heartbreaking. Not only has her daughter learned, I think we all can learn from the content.

It has a lot of information. F.i. that her daughter isn't absolutely sure she had full dentures, although this is in some of Tami's MP files. It's not only about Tami's missing/murder? case but also about the emotional process a family member of a missing person goes through, the investigation (that spread out over years and years), all the steps that were taken, including DNA research. Sadly all her daughter's efforts and that of LE, didn't lead to finding her mother or her remains. Maybe one day she will know. Sending very good thoughts.

Since there were no dental records available, I resorted to tracking down a family friend and asking about my mother’s teeth. I learned my mom did have a couple bottom teeth, of this the family friend was certain.

Refreshing some links
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Tami Lyn Seymour – The Charley Project

Can someone help out and take a look if there are any rule outs named in the Namus file. Thanks a lot upfront.

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions:

Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP12683
Date Body FoundJune 06, 2014
StateVA
CountyNewport News
Thumbnail

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP10647
Date Body FoundJune 07, 2006
StateCA
CountySan Mateo

2 Unidentified Person Exclusions: