Bosma Murder Trial 02.22.16 - Day 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial discussion thread.

Please post your comments here, and at all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be pm'ing you, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

Reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

The daily trial threads are for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only. The thread is not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc.

Please discuss trial evidence/testimony only. All off-topic posts will be removed.

:tyou:

Tim Bosma trial: Builder of The Eliminator to testify
By Adam Carter, CBC News Posted: Feb 22, 2016

tracy-rogers.png

Forensic anthropologist Dr. Tracy Rogers, who can be seen inside a livestock incinerator found on the property of Dellen Millard, testified Thursday at the trial of two men accused of killing Tim Bosma. (Court exhibit)

The trial of the two men accused of murdering Hamilton resident Tim Bosma enters its fourth week today.

Jurors are expected to hear Monday from the man who designs and builds The Eliminator, the large incinerator where Bosma's remains were found by police after his disappearance in May 2013.

CBC Live Blog

Many thanks to those that can post tweets. :cupcake:

Adam Carter 9:56 AM
Both Millard and Smich are now here in the courtroom. Millard is speaking with one of his lawyers, as he usually does before court begins.

Adam Carter 9:57 AM
The Bosma family and supporters are here too, filling the first three rows of seats in the courtroom, like they usually do.

Adam Carter 10:02 AM
Justice Goodman is now in the courtroom. Just waiting on the jury.

Adam Carter 10:05 AM
Some arguments are being made with the jury out of the room, so we have to wait for them to be back in before I can tell you anything about what's being said.

Adam Carter 10:02 AM
Justice Goodman is now in the courtroom. Just waiting on the jury.

Adam Carter 10:05 AM
Some arguments are being made with the jury out of the room, so we have to wait for them to be back in before I can tell you anything about what's being said.
Yes I remember now Friday the judge did say he will decide on Monday at 10am about the admissibility of the stuff brought up. Hopefully doesn't take long.

If someone could explain some things to me regarding the court/trial process I'd be very appreciative.

I was on the live blog and legal arguments are once again underway. They had all day Friday for legal arguments and they're back at again. I'm not understanding what those arguments may be and why are there so many of them. Would it be pertaining to upcoming testimony, admissibility of evidence?

Thanks.

Yes I remember now Friday the judge did say he will decide on Monday at 10am about the admissibility of the stuff brought up. Hopefully doesn't take long.

Well, there's my answer. Thanks.

:waiting:

I take it the defence did not like what the judge decided and are giving it another go?

MOO

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
But of a delay -- some legal arguments/a ruling by Justice Goodman this am before the jury is brought back. Will start tweeting then. #Bosma

Yep...there it is. Still waiting on a final ruling. Thanks for the info.

Still no updates on AC's live blog - I haven't abandoned you, just silence while he can't report anything further :/

Adam Carter 10:33 AM
Jury being brought in in a moment. We'll be underway shortly.

Adam Carter 10:37 AM
May have spoken too soon. Now more legal arguments happening.

Adam Carter 10:45 AM
Now on morning recess until 11:15 a.m.

Well, that was a boring morning here at WS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads