AL - Jarvaris James, 33, killed after tracking stolen phone, Fairfield, 21 Feb 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Alabama man, 23, shot and killed in church parking lot after trying to use app to track down stolen cellphone

A 23-year-old Alabama man was killed after trying to use an app to track down his stolen cellphone.

3174D32600000578-3458856-image-a-8_1456165531188.jpg

A 23-year-old Alabama man was shot dead Sunday night in the parking lot of Crumbley Bethel Baptist Church (pictured) after using an app to track down his stolen cellphone.

Fairfield police said he was gunned down in the parking lot a of church.

Authorities believe the man was tracking a phone that was stolen during an earlier car break-in, which led him to the suspected gunman.

Chief Lean Davis said the man was shot twice in the chest Sunday night.

The 23-year-old victim’s phone was stolen from his car in Fairfield, Alabama, a suburb of Birmingham, said Fairfield Police Chief Leon Davis.

3175E17C00000578-3458856-image-a-20_1456174063528.jpg

The victim was pronounced dead once he arrived at a the UAB hospital (pictured) in Birmingham.

The tracking app led the victim to a church parking lot near Miles College late on Sunday, Davis said.

The man is believed to have “arrived on the scene and hit a button on the app that made the phone ring inside a vehicle,” the police chief said in an interview. “When he went to retrieve the phone inside the

vehicle, the suspect shot and killed him.”

The victim and the shooter apparently knew each other, Davis said. The suspect has not been arrested but police have “very good leads” as to his identity, he added.

Read more:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...app-track-stolen-cellphone.html#ixzz40xEySS72
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-alabama-crime-idUSKCN0VV2GS

More guns, please! Always such happy endings when guns are at play!

Kill kill kill shoot shoot shoot.

ETA: i feel i should apologize for my super foul mood tonight. One of my closest friends from college was shot to death last night by a man she rented property to.

He was known to be a bit "off" but luckily he still possessed several guns, one of which pretty much took Tracy's head off of her body.

I will voluntarily give myself a TO until I can process this crap. I am so sick of guns.

Sorry, friends. I am a mess tonight.

ETA: i feel i should apologize for my super foul mood tonight. One of my closest friends from college was shot to death last night by a man she rented property to.

He was known to be a bit "off" but luckily he still possessed several guns, one of which pretty much took Tracy's head off of her body.

I will voluntarily give myself a TO until I can process this crap. I am so sick of guns.

So sorry!

:hug:

I'm so sorry.

:daisy:

EllieBee, :bee:

I'm so very sorry! I'm thinking of you.

:praying: :grouphug:

I'm so sorry for your loss. I see we have the same "love" of guns though..

I'm so sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa