MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
26316984-7cf4-43f2-8577-119375693be5_zps5c423847.png

http://wreg.com/2014/12/07/father-speaks-out-after-daughter-set-on-fire-and-killed/

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...ting-death-of-woman-found-burned-near-her-car

Quinton Tellis indicted in Jessica Chambers homicide
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 9:34 p.m. CST February 23, 2016

A Panola County native suspected in another homicide has been indicted in the December 2014 burning death of Courtland teen Jessica Chambers.
Quinton Tellis, 27, originally of Courtland, was indicted on capital murder charges by a special grand jury in Panola County as he sat in the Ouachita Parish Jail in Monroe, Louisiana, where he is being held on charges connected to the August death of a University of Louisiana Monroe exchange student.
Tellis is believed to have been the last person to have been with Chambers the night she was killed. The two allegedly had a relationship in the weeks leading up to her death, officials said.

While Chambers and Tellis were eight years apart in age, they both went to South Panola High School and both grew up in the same neighborhood.

A press conference in Panola County is planned for 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.

If you have information that may lead to an arrest, please contact the Panola County Sheriff's Office at (662) 563-6230.
MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 **Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION***

MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County - Maps and Photos - **NO DISCUSSION**

Poll: What Happened to Jessica Chambers?

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

From wmctv.com
A news conference will be held Wednesday (2/24/16) regarding an update on the Jessica Chambers case.
The conference will begin at 10:30 a.m. and will be held at the Panola County Sheriff's Department.

From wmctv.com
A news conference will be held Wednesday (2/24/16) regarding an update on the Jessica Chambers case.
The conference will begin at 10:30 a.m. and will be held at the Panola County Sheriff's Department.

Was just coming to post the news (?) myself.

Here comes Darby... :blah:

From wmctv.com

I see that a grand jury has met. It would be great to learn that there has been an indictment. Sigh.

Fox 13 Memphis is reporting the suspect is in Louisiana. Who could that be?

My heart is racing! I came straight here after seeing it on Tom Dees facebook

Bout freaking time!!!! Woop woop.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Wait didn't they say 2 indictments?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

My computer has already been kind of quirky today. I don't know if this has been posted and I just skipped over it.

a grand jury indicted Quinton Verdell Tellis for the murder of Jessica Chambers.

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/local-news/new-developments-in-jessica-chambers-case
Thanks carolinagurl!

In Jessica Chambers Case

Press Conference Expected Wednesday

localmemphis.com

Local 24 has learned a grand jury indicted Quinton Verdell Tellis for the murder of Jessica Chambers.
Jessica was found set on fire December 6th, 2014 just a few miles from her Courtland, Mississippi home.
Investigators and prosecutors called a news conference for tomorrow morning.
We've learned he is from Courtland, right outside of Batesville, which is also Jessica Chambers hometown.
Tellis is currently serving time in Louisiana for an unrelated crime.
He is charged with unlawful use of a credit card.

That credit card, we are told, belonged to a Chinese exchange student who was murdered last July.
Tellis has not been charged in her murder.
We're told Tellis moved to Monroe, Louisiana sometime last summer and married a woman there.
It is unclear how long he has been in prison for using the exchange student's credit card.
Panola county investigators say they cannot confirm this information but said they will release more details at Wednesday's news conference.
"It's not one of these of cases where you go out there and say I'm gonna guessing or whatever. You know I feel really comfortable with this," Panola County Sheriff Dennis Darby said. "This is the longest I've ever been involved with anything like this before. But there's comfort in knowing that you have some of the best and they're not willing to give up."
<snip>

link in in carolinagurl post
:cow:

Interesting in this article from last November 2015 about Quintin Trellis. Highlighted in red it appears Tellis was on the radar for Jessica's murder.

Update Murder of Foreign Exchange Student
November 18,2015

There's new information in the murder of a former ULM student near the campus of ULM.

Police say they have a suspect, Quintin Tellis, behind bars.

"We have him charged with other crimes associated with her death, such as using her access card. We have pictures of him using that card," says Chief Quentin Holmes, Monroe Police Department.

Police are waiting for additional evidence before formally charging him with murder.

"When we go to trial, we want to get a conviction. so what we want to do in that particular case is get the evidence that's needed to make sure we give the best chance for a conviction once it goes to trial," says Holmes.
<snip>
Authorities say Tellis may also be related to a homicide in Mississippi.
<snip>
http://www.myarklamiss.com/news/local-news/updates-in-for-murder-of-ulm-foreign-exchange-student

That is indeed interesting, especially in the light of Ms. Chambers' purported dying declaration.

Maybe trying to say Tellis. He tongue was probably basically burned off "Ellis" maybe. I don't see how she could pronounce much of anything. Poor girl. So horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123