Found Deceased MA - Zachary Marr, 22, Boston, 13 Feb 2016 #2

KateB

Reaction score
Zachary Marr
missing%20guy_1455472711087_1674472_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Police looking for missing 22-year-old

Downtown Boston, Massachusetts -
Police are looking for a man who was last seen in downtown Boston early Saturday morning. Harvard Police said Zachary Marr was last seen in the area of the Bell in Hand bar, but did not return home. Surveillance video from Boston Public Market shows Marr had stepped outside to have a cigarette.
Zackary%201-2_1455472712027_1675312_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The Boston Police Department, in collaboration with the Harvard, MA Police Department, is seeking the public’s assistance in efforts to locate 22-year-old Zachary Marr. Mr. Marr was last seen outside of the Bell in Hand bar in the area of 45 Union Street, Boston at about 1:40 AM on Saturday, February 13, 2016. Mr. Marr is described as a white male, about 5’08” tall and approximately 175 lbs. with short brown hair, blue eyes, and a beard. Mr. Marr was last seen wearing dark jeans, a blue sweatshirt, and black sneakers. Mr. Marr was visiting Boston from Harvard, MA.

https://www.facebook.com/BostonPoliceDepartment/

http://www.myfoxboston.com/news/police-looking-for-missing-22-year-old/82432895

Thread #1

FWIW I agree that using the words "entered the water" or "disappeared " was intended as sensitivity.

MOO

FWIW I agree that using the words "entered the water" or "disappeared " was intended as sensitivity.

MOO

Sensitivity is a good word for it . Agreed. Also, they may not want to characterize it as a fall or slip or, heaven forbid, a jump. (and I do NOT think it was a deliberate jump - not at all)

So tragic and sad... *sigh*

Weather forecast looks good for the next few days. Warm and dry.
Hoping searches resume and Zach is brought home to his loved ones.

RE : Doors - yes a patron of the bar has said that 2 of the 3 doors were exit only --poor guy might have just been at the wrong one cause wraps around the streets

I don't care what condition he was in, even if he was belligerent, call the police, if he was that bad. It would be manslaughter to keep someone out, in such temperatures!

I agree totally of course they are liabile - and I do think it is manslaughter as well.

The only sad thing is we will proably never know anything , after they find his body- there does seem to be a pattern with BPD they say No foul play , we will bot elaborate aby further and wait for the next time.

The reality is, what expectation would we have to expect them to do this one any different than the others several of which have been amazingly similiar.

No Foul play case closed.................

want to say something... and I don't know how... (Anyone who knows me will tell you how rare that is lol! )...

I'm really grateful you guys are all here.( and yes I mean you too, Edgar!). I can't really discuss these things with many people in my real life... they don't want to hear it. They find it depressing, macabre even. It's like some of us can tolerate these painful stories, and bear witness, and some of us can't. I just happened to be one of those people who can handle it, and therefore I feel somewhat compelled to do so, I am so glad there you guys are here with me!

Edgar here!!

I think most of feel the same way. It seems most dont even follow the news ! And others have posted (it certainly is that way for me) they think I am nuts - they think WS is a bunch of nuts!!

I am sure we all have wanted to share a case with omoone from stuff we have learned here. I am in that mode now with a neighbor. I will get about two senntences out and the suject of Zach will be changed,

Or, she might ask me, I will start and her interest will fade in about 60 seconds.

I have challenged them - go to the site , check it, its actually a wildly bright forum.

I have also felt the need, in terms of WS to remind them the true crime genre is huge, You Tube has 1.4 billio (!) uploads related to this stuff and blockbusters have been made.

I am grateful for you all as well while at the same time it has been somewhat scary to discovers how wrong MSM is - and how off they are.

I remember of the Candian guy that was walking around shooting peope - we knew 12 minuyes he was captured before​
CNN

Electric Sheep
Re
This case quite literally hits very close to home for me. I am frequently at the Boston Public Market where Zach was pictured, he "entered the water" minutes from my home right beside a place where I walk several times a week. This is my neighborhood, it has been my neighborhood for over 20 years. I wish it had turned out differently. In the photographs he looks like such a nice young man, such a waste of a life, such a loss to his family and friends.

You would have a real good "sense" of what he was seeing, walking down or by so:

Does it become a scary place in terms of his possibilble route
Does it get darker and darker ?
Is there residential stuff along his way?

Does it go through a dangerous part of town?
is most of it small streets like in the pics we have seen?
is it plausible to you , that even at that time of night in the cold there would be like no people about?

Are there gas stations, 24 hour like Dennys, a 7-11?
would most of his route be, for lack of a better word, "carless"?
Is their a homeless section?
at that time of night is police presence rare'?
Roughly how many clubs are in that area?

i know you know the area so that would change the answer, but if you were in his predicament does it make "sense" to you that there really was no where open?
what is your take regarding video survalence in the establishment in that area?
is it high crime area or become one?
WOuld you be really scared on his route?

Maybe becasue this is a "dark" story I have visions of it being very dark! I keep visualizing like in a scary movie as the music is building,,,

Love to hear your desciption !!

as you guys know I think there is lots of drawbacks to all this technology--what just occurred to me , if we still had pay phones ( typically little booths with what is called a a :land line" , it has a cord, you lift the item upwards, pull towareD your mouth , depart with some change and off you go, after pushing 7 numbers!!)-being funny guys not snarky! we probably would not be here

(the use of the word "entered" is one example of this confusion, i dont take that word to imply purpose or intent)

that what makes this place interesting !!

"Entered" is a word that is not descriptive but rather observational. One can enter the water by many different means---- jumping, running, etc. I love that they are being sensitive to this family. There have to be some cousins that are feeling so awful about all of this.

From the Hurley case :

Police are viewing the businesses footage of surveillance tape in the area. There are many cameras in the area.
"99 Nashua Street."

http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/2009/10/10809-william-hurley-boston-ma.html

[video=youtube;77QOLyuDV70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77QOLyuDV70[/video]

The family of a 24-year-old man who drowned on a February night last year after wandering drunkenly into Boston Harbor has brought a wrongful death lawsuit against a Financial District bar, claiming the establishment kicked him out and left him to “fend for himself.’’

This is the case I was referring to earlier, Its in same area as our case here. That is why I beleive that the bars statement declaring definitivly that he was nod denied reentery is BS.

Folks in "industries" would tend to be "aware" - Hey did you hear Bob is getting sued for...............

IMO BIH is totally in CYA mode. There "are" reasons why it took them till (lawyer huddle!) Monday to release a statement regarding renetry.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/14/family-boston-man-who-drowned-harbor-sues-bar/SaxUUj931fBrMQDKOpVXaN/story.html

Man who died of hypothermia was asked to leave nightclub after taking off his shirt.

Michael Allessandro Ellis without his coat and backpack — which reportedly contained a hat — in the early morning hours of Nov. 23, when the temperature dipped to 18 degrees. That tied as the lowest in Portland in 2010.

Downtown Portland nightclub sued for $2.5

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/05/downtown_portland_nightclub_su.html

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/14/family-boston-man-who-drowned-harbor-sues-bar/SaxUUj931fBrMQDKOpVXaN/story.html

RE:

stressed buy happy

You can have pain and trauma, and loss...feel stressed and still find plenty of good in life.

IMO it (loss) is a process and takes time. She passed what 4 weeks before vanishing. Going to grandmas house what 10 hours after the bar closed IMO would be on his mind that night,

I agree, and that could have factored in to his being more distracted, less resourceful than usual. We are all a bit more vulnerable under heavy stress...but he was dealing. He posted a lovely pic of her, and told her he loved her, he was in a procces. Not at the end of his emotional rope. Not by a long shot. I believe this!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
G'nite Ed.

I agree, and that could have factored in to his being more distracted, less resourceful than usual. We are all a bit more vulnerable under heavy stress...but he was dealing. He posted a lovely pic of her, and told her he loved her, he was in a procces. Not at the end of his emotional rope. Not by a long shot. I believe this!

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.
G'nite Ed.

Ed says have a good night as well !!! Can you post gma pic I have not seen it TIA

And my dear Safe , when I read :

I don't think we can sum up a life story just because we read a brief epilogue.

I thought oh my we are post 1065 doing just that !! Trying to comprehend how this is happening !!!

TY to those who have!

o/t but am curiuos if anyone else is just totally over CNN reletnless regugitation regarding the election that still remains months and months away. I cant even have them on in the background any longer. It is endless

What on earth can anyone between the 9 o cloock lead the 10 lead the 11 lead "do"!!

on and on its the same story hour after hour - I am alone here??

I will do my best to anwer.

[/COLOR]You would have a real good "sense" of what he was seeing, walking down or by so:

Does it become a scary place in terms of his possibilble ro

No, walk it all the time myself. It can be a little dodgier around Causeway St, but no in general.

Does it get darker and darker ?
Nope. Well lit and well snow cleaned. High tourist traffic area.

Is there residential stuff along his way?

Not really, though a few new buildings have gone up there. Older res stuff is nearer to MGH.

Does it go through a dangerous part of town?

Not at all. I would walk there at all hours, and I am a middle aged woman.

is most of it small streets like in the pics we have seen?

At the start of the walk, yes, as you get closer to North Station, no.

is it plausible to you , that even at that time of night in the cold there would be like no people about?

I would think there would be, yes, but frankly I couldn't speak from experience at that time of night in that weather.

Are there gas stations, 24 hour like Dennys, a 7-11?

Eh, no, this is not the suburbs. There is a 7-11 on Causeway St but Zach was unlikely to go that far to the left
would most of his route be, for lack of a better word, "carless"?

No.

Is their a homeless section?

Some homeless people begging on Causeway St, but no shelter or anything like that to my knowledge

at that time of night is police presence rare'?

No, with Boston Garden, etc, usually well policed.

Roughly how many clubs are in that area?

Too old to know about that:laughing: but certainly many pubs.

i know you know the area so that would change the answer, but if you were in his predicament does it make "sense" to you that there really was no where open?

I really don't know. I wish he had my cell number and could have called me. I would have thought on such a cold night that North Station would have stayed open.

is your take regarding video survalence in the establishment in that area?

I would have imagined every move he made would be on camera. My DH finds this very suspicious.
is it high crime area or become one?

No
WOuld you be really scared on his route?

Not in the slightest.

Sorry about the bad formatting of my previous post, but I kept being told it was less than 5 characters, though it is obviously much more!

anorgewe similar case information received from the beginning of the case indicated that McCurry was intoxicated on the night he disappeared. As a result, investigators have considered the possibility that McCurry attempted to cross the St. Louis River or harbor in an attempt to get back to Duluth."

but
The only drugs detected in toxicology screening was Hydrozyzine (a prescription antihistamine).
http://footprintsattheriversedge.blogspot.com/search/label/ejected/refused service

Have you ever taken Atarax (the brand name of hydroxyzine)? I have. I had a horrible case of contact dermatitis from chemicals at a warehouse job. The doctor warned me it would sedate me.

I thought ok, I can take 75mg of benadryl and it only makes me a little drowsy. This shouldn't affect me. I took the 50mg Atarax dose, and within 30 minutes I was so sedated I barely made it down the hallway to the bedroom. I woke up 13 hours later, still in a foggy mindset. I have never experienced anything like it.

I have abused prescription drugs in my past. I have plenty of experience with benzodiazepines (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium) and not just one or two, but dangerous, foolish levels of intake. None of those ever made me feel like the Atarax. It is a very potent hypnotic in the right doses, and requires a doctor's script to get, it's not an OTC drug.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back