NY - Charges dropped against five brooklyn teens accused of gang raping woman

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
I'm at a complete lost for words..

2FFC938200000578-0-image-a-12_1452434461584.jpg

A Brooklyn-area park, New York City, New York -

An 18-year-old woman made headlines last month after she claimed she was gang-raped by 5 teenage boys in a Brooklyn-area park with out with her dad.

The alleged assault sparked outrage in the community and across the nation. Well, according to new information it appears as though the woman wasn’t telling the truth — at all.

Prosecutors have DROPPED the rape charges against the five Brooklyn teenagers that were accused of raping the woman at gunpoint. The woman recanted her story about being sexually assaulted, she admitted to investigators there was NO gun, and it’s been revealed she was actually in the playground having sex with her father.

via NY Daily News:

“The complainant, as well as her father, provided multiple inconsistent accounts to NYPD Detectives and to experienced Special Victims prosecutors about important material facts in this case,” Thompson said in a statement.

“The complainant has recanted her allegations of forcible sexual assault and the existence of a gun, and she does not wish to pursue criminal charges against any of the defendants. She also refuses to cooperate with any prosecution against her father, who was engaging in sexual conduct with her.”

The alleged attack outraged community leaders after police shared news of the Jan. 9 incident.

http://www.lovebscott.com/news/char...-accused-of-gang-raping-woman-at-a-playground

"But the teen suspects claimed the father was having sexual intercourse with the daughter when they first spotted the two, and two defendants told police the sex they had with the teen was consensual, sources told the Daily News at the time." :confused:

Also from your link above.

I wish I could say I was surprised. But I cannot. My hinky meter was off the charts as soon as I read the initial news coverage of this. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back