DCF Shelter Hearings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsJosie

Reaction score
Doe anyone know the time of the hearing for the childrens custody?

Will MS appear via 'jail skype'? Does his current attorney represent him? Will the girls have their own appointed COURT attorney? And I would assume and hope, Dr. Sievers family has their own attorney.

Doe anyone know the time of the hearing for the childrens custody?

Will MS appear via 'jail skype'? Does his current attorney represent him? Will the girls have their own appointed COURT attorney? And I would assume and hope, Dr. Sievers family has their own attorney.

On wink News this morning - the hearing will be at 11:00 a.m.

Last night on NBC2 news, they said that there is a 2nd plan for the girls in place, however, it does not include TS's family (IMO - MS did that on purpose). TS's family will be in court today though.

I am so thankful those girls are safe. I pray that they will become strong women just like their amazing Mom. They really should be with her family so that the process of healing from being around that horrible monster of father can begin.

Praying hard that the girls can be reunited with TS's family today.

On wink News this morning - the hearing will be at 11:00 a.m.

Last night on NBC2 news, they said that there is a 2nd plan for the girls in place, however, it does not include TS's family (IMO - MS did that on purpose). TS's family will be in court today though.

I am so thankful those girls are safe. I pray that they will become strong women just like their amazing Mom. They really should be with her family so that the process of healing from being around that horrible monster of father can begin.

What is the precedent on custody rights with this type of murder? Can MS's parental rights be revoked or suspended prior to a trial? Hopeful there will be no bail and MS will not be involved with the children again.

What is the precedent on custody rights with this type of murder? Can MS's parental rights be revoked or suspended prior to a trial? Hopeful there will be no bail and MS will not be involved with the children again.

I'm not sure about Florida, but in Oregon parental rights need to be terminated before custody is taken away. CSD tries to unify the parents back with their children first before other options. If the parent is incarcerated, they need to wait till they are convicted.

Does anyone know, in he state of Florida, if the same Judge that made the first decision the girls stay with the dad will be the same Judge hearing and making the decisions today and in the future? Thanks

Interesting thoughts MsJosie, I don't know the answer but I'd love to hear from someone who does.

Any issues now are in terms of temporary guardianship and who is best to care for the girls. There will be no loss of parental rights unless there is a guilty verdict. That said, it could possibly hang on appeals. I hope the GA and CPS recommend the perfect place for them. Even behind bars, MS is still their only living parent and it's possible he could have input.

This is all IMHO and thinking of Josh Powell and his sons.

Info from DCF website regarding the welfare of children and their assessments in general for placements ...... Relatives do come first if it's safe for children..... TS's family is very much safe in my opinion.

Child Welfare Program services are directed toward these goals:

The prevention of separation of children from their families.
The protection of children alleged to be dependent or dependent children including provision of emergency and long-term alternate living arrangements.
The reunification of families who have had children placed in foster homes or institutions.
The permanent placement of children who cannot be reunited with their families or when reunification would not be in the best interest of the child.
The transition to self-sufficiency for older children who continue to be in foster care as adolescents.
The preparation of young adults that exit foster care at age 18 to make the transition to self-sufficiency as adults.

I think back to the Simpson children, they were in a similiar situation, but dad had money, and was out on bond. I worry that if MS gets bond and gets the girls back, the girls could be in harms way. From reports, MS did try to run, he might try to leave the country. That happened in cases before...spouse kills spouse and then to make family suffer, as the law is getting to close to the killer spouse, kills the children in revenge....tons of cases can be googled. I just worry for those girls until this trial is all over. IMO, MS is very evil. Maybe CWW gave enough info to keep the girls away from MS.

^^^ Your last line Ms Josie- I hope it could be true!

The hearing is set for about 15 minutes from now. taking this opportunity to launch positive energy toward the situation. Praying for a good, stable outcome that is in the girls' best interest.

In court for a custody hearing regarding Mark Sievers' daughters.

CcZKX_WWIAIWMlI.jpg

The hearing is set for about 15 minutes from now. taking this opportunity to launch positive energy toward the situation. Praying for a good, stable outcome that is in the girls' best interest.

Yes!
My only fear is that MS will try to deny TS's family any contact with the girls. I have no doubt that they will end us with someone that loves them and has their best interest at heart. And I also have no doubt that they will eventually end up with TS's family even though it may not be until after the trial.

MS cannot be trusted with his daughters............I keep thinking of Susan Powell's sons..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie