Mummified body of German adventurer found inside yacht

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
'The power of the demons was stronger than the will to live': Mummified mariner's haunting tributes to his dead wife are found along with fading photos that provide clues to his life

• Manfred Fritz Bajorat, 59, found off coast of Barobo in Surigao del Sur

• A letter to his late wife was uncovered as well as old family photos

• Decomposing body was near radio telephone as if he was trying last call

• Dry ocean winds, hot temperatures and salty air helped preserve his body

• It is unclear what killed Manfred or how long he has been dead

31AED85700000578-0-image-a-1_1456734300056.jpg

The mummified body of Manfred Fritz Bajorat was found aboard his yacht, drifting in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Barobo town in Surigao del Sur

31AEDE9500000578-0-His_decomposing_body_was_found_near_to_the_radio_telephone_as_if-a-42_1456763313835.jpg
31A21A8E00000578-0-image-m-41_1456763303532.jpg

Mr. Bajorat's body was found near to the radio telephone as if he was trying one last desperate Mayday call to save himself when he died

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drifting-yacht-Philippines.html#ixzz41bZKQqLf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Very sad.
Wonder why he wasn't able to get an s.o.s. out ; and if he died of a heart attack, or something ?
At least his surviving family members will be able to bury him now.

German sailor whose mummified body was found on his boat off the Philippines died from a heart attack just ONE WEEK earlier shock autopsy reveals

Sailor whose body was found on yacht in the Philippines had 'heart attack'

Body of Manfred Fritz Bajorat was found mummified on vessel last Friday

59-year-old was veteran seaman who left native Germany two decades ago

Police in south Philippines believe he had heart attack 7 days before death

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attack-Philippines-police.html#ixzz41qMxXbO7

This article and the photos make no sense. He died 7 days before he was found and his "mummified" body was found? Wouldn't that just be a decomposed body? And why does that dead person have a full head of hair when the pic of the man shows him nearly bald? And does a body decompose THAT much in a week, and stay seated in that position with an unmanned yacht bobbing all over the water? Not buying this.

This article and the photos make no sense. He died 7 days before he was found and his "mummified" body was found? Wouldn't that just be a decomposed body? And why does that dead person have a full head of hair when the pic of the man shows him nearly bald? And does a body decompose THAT much in a week, and stay seated in that position with an unmanned yacht bobbing all over the water? Not buying this.

It’s in the article.

Germany's Bild daily newspaper published pictures of Mr Bajorat's mummified corpse hunched over a table in the main cabin, and cited forensics experts who explained that a combination of tropical heat, dry wind and salty sea air can quickly preserve or mummify a corpse.

I'll reserve an opinion for a full autopsy by a licensed MD, ME in a westernized nation. Germany will do.

I didn't realize someone could get that degraded that fast. It looks like he's been there for a long time. I'm sure they'll have an autopsy in the country of his origin.

But he was gone for decades? Why? What happened to his wife?

I didn't realize someone could get that degraded that fast. It looks like he's been there for a long time. I'm sure they'll have an autopsy in the country of his origin.

But he was gone for decades? Why? What happened to his wife?

The sailor's wife of some 30 years, Claudia, died from cancer aged 53 on May 2 2010, most likely on the Caribbean island of Martinique.

German sailor whose mummified body was found on his boat off the Philippines died from a heart attack just ONE WEEK earlier shock autopsy reveals

Something ain't right, IMO. If I read correctly, he was gone for 20 years? Where was he?

I'll reserve an opinion for a full autopsy by a licensed MD, ME in a westernized nation. Germany will do.

They do have licensed MDs in the Philippines. As a matter of fact many Filipino Doctors move to the US and continue their practice here. I’m pretty sure the MDs in the Philippines are more then competent to do an autopsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back