NamUs UP # 14793 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14793

Unidentified Hispanic Male

Found February 06, 2016 at 2403 S 4th Street, El Centro (Imperial County), CA

Vital Statistics

* Height: 62" (5 feet 2 inches)
* Weight: 120 lbs
* Hair: Long and Brown
* Eyes: Brown

* Scars and Marks: Scar across abdomen at bottom of rib cage, small scar below that, scar left hip, scar outside left upper leg,
* Tattoos: "In Loving Memory" front neck, XIII right neck, "W" in block letters with "est" inside on right chest, "S" in block letters with "ide" inside on left chest, Praying hands on neck below in loving memory, "Mi gordita Sally R. Valenzuela" left chest above S and below praying hands, "Johnny" left chest above W, spider web left elbow, "Trust No *****" left hand, and "Valenzuela" on back. There are multiple tattoos on both arms.​

Clothing and Accessories
* Clothing on Body: Green long sleeve shirt, gray hooded sweatshirt, blue jeans, high top shoes.​

Condition of Remains
* Probable Year of Death: 2016
* Condition: All Parts Recovered - Recognizable face​

Circumstancess
* Comments: Decedent was found deceased behind the Auto Zone, where he stays. He appears to be a transient.​

Identifiers

* Dentals: Available
* DNA: Sample available - Not yet submitted
* Fingerprints: Available​

If one Googles the name from the tattoo, there is a hit on Spokeo.com where the middle initial matches. Not sure if they are connected to this person or not.

My thoughts:

Due to the tattoo of "Valenzuela" on his back, this is probably his surname.

His chest tattoos of "W(est) S(ide)" look like prison style tattoos and therefore there may be records of him doing a year or more in prison (probably on the west coast)

The "Mi gordita Sally R. Valenzuela" has praying hands with rosary beads above it; Sally was probably a relative who passed away. Gordita is used as a term of affection among some Hispanics.

The "13" and "XIII" tattoos lead me to believe he was involved with MS-13.

The "Mi gordita Sally R. Valenzuela" has praying hands with rosary beads above it; Sally was probably a relative who passed away.

There is also a 2006 death record for that name out of Riverside, CA:

http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/...=1&gss=angs-c&gsfn=Sally&gsln=Valenzuela&so=2

The previous result I mentioned above was out of Mesa, AZ, and per this page it appears that person has also passed away.

EDIT: There's also a hit out of Imperial, CA, just north of El Centro, from 2014, but the middle initial is "A." On my screen it's hard to judge if the tattoo is an "A" or an "R".

EDIT: There's also a hit out of Imperial, CA, just north of El Centro, from 2014, but the middle initial is "A." On my screen it's hard to judge if the tattoo is an "A" or an "R".

The tattoo is of an "R."

All this, agree.

Either he is estranged from family due to addictions, or they are addicts and have not noticed his absence yet.

My thoughts:

Due to the tattoo of "Valenzuela" on his back, this is probably his surname.

His chest tattoos of "W(est) S(ide)" look like prison style tattoos and therefore there may be records of him doing a year or more in prison (probably on the west coast)

The "Mi gordita Sally R. Valenzuela" has praying hands with rosary beads above it; Sally was probably a relative who passed away. Gordita is used as a term of affection among some Hispanics.

The "13" and "XIII" tattoos lead me to believe he was involved with MS-13.

Probably not, surenos don't come around here (San Jose) for long of at all. San Jose is the "seat" of northern structure, which has taken over control of the north side from nuestra familia (who's seat is salinas)

This UID has XIII on his neck, he would be PC in our jail. I don't see tattoos on the neck of the guy in the pic.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ws-photo/459945014+&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Could this man, Johnny Valenzuela, possibly be our UID? (UID does have "Johnny" tattooed on his chest)

I think it says "mi jeftia Sally ...." Jefita means mom (or boss but it's slang for mom) but it looks misspelled, which is not uncommon in prison tattoos. I once booked a guy who had "f---- all biCThes" emblazoned across his belly. He was not amused w my peals of laughter, lol.

I didn't know that (I'm an east coast girl), thanks. The UID was a transient though so I don't know if he was from San Jose, just squatting there in the jungle camp, or if he was from CA at all.

The pic of the guy leaving the jungle was from 2014, so is it possible he got tattoos after that?

Probably not, surenos don't come around here (San Jose) for long of at all. San Jose is the "seat" of northern structure, which has taken over control of the north side from nuestra familia (who's seat is salinas)

This UID has XIII on his neck, he would be PC in our jail. I don't see tattoos on the neck of the guy in the pic.

I think it says "mi jeftia Sally ...." Jefita means mom (or boss but it's slang for mom) but it looks misspelled, which is not uncommon in prison tattoos. I once booked a guy who had "f---- all biCThes" emblazoned across his belly. He was not amused w my peals of laughter, lol.

LOL!! Is the Sally tat a prison tat though? The lettering looks very nice compared to the prison tattoos I've seen.

San Jose has a giant transient population because the cost of living and the drug problem here are both astronomical. The jungle is located next to the Story Road Wal Mart. There are a ton of transient older drug addict Nortenos in the area, a sureno wouldn't be there.

I suspect this UID is from either so cal or so cal by way of Mexico.

I didn't know that (I'm an east coast girl), thanks. The UID was a transient though so I don't know if he was from San Jose, just squatting there in the jungle camp, or if he was from CA at all.

The pic of the guy leaving the jungle was from 2014, so is it possible he got tattoos after that?

It certainly isn't professional. I have seen some nice prison scratcher tattoos!

LOL!! Is the Sally tat a prison tat though? The lettering looks very nice compared to the prison tattoos I've seen.

He has spider web tattoo on his elbow and on his chest, which I thought meant he did some time. If he did, then wouldn't they have his fingerprints if he were incarcerated in the US? I'm thinking that he didn't do his time here if here if they haven't matched him yet.
Also, in the Sally A. Valenzuela obit, it mentions another Sally as being a sister in law, but no initial.
I couldn't tell if it the middle initial was an A or an R, I'm so bad with fancy script, so thanks for clarifying.

could the "XIII" tattoo be related to MS XIII?
i am in oz so my knowledge of centroamerican gangs active in the USA or the mexico-usa border is...nil
for italians and for some latinoamericans 13 is a lucky number (our bad luck day is "domingo siete", sunday the 7 th)

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

MS 13 is a sureno gang (originated in prison from so cal gangs... And then migrates back to south of the border and everywhere else lol. )

could the "XIII" tattoo be related to MS XIII?
i am in oz so my knowledge of centroamerican gangs active in the USA or the mexico-usa border is...nil
for italians and for some latinoamericans 13 is a lucky number (our bad luck day is "domingo siete", sunday the 7 th)

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

I think this victim may have been identified very recently. I was looking at other Sally A's Valenzuela because I still thought it might be an A. I came came across an obit for a Sally A. in Yuma AZ from 2008. I looked up her daughter's name and came across the info below on her facebook page which was posted only 11 hours ago. I believe this UID was Sally's son, and the FB poster's brother, Albert who is also listed in the obit. RIP Albert A. Valenzuela.
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/yumasun/obituary.aspx?n=sally-ann-valenzuela&pid=101752965
https://www..com/3dvb6ynk - I am not posting this to solicit funds, I am posting this so everyone who tried so hard to ID him can see him as he was before he died as there is a picture posted there.
"-Albert went missing mid January and sadly was found deceased in El Centro CA on Feb. 6th, 2016. We just learned of his passing March, 18th. Albert was a wonderful, caring, fun loving man who became victim to addiction. Anyone who knows the struggle of addiction will know that Albert is now in a better place, but leaves his family and friends grieving his loss. "
I

From the Go Fund Me page:

"Anaa Babiee

Thank you guys for donating to my dad he may not have lived the best live but at least his service can be nice he deserves it he was a good person thank you guys so much"

So Albert had a daughter, Ana. Dear God, so sad. My heart goes out to the Valenzuela family.

I spoke with Albert's daughter. What a lovely young woman. She is, of course, in shock. I figured this case would be a quick ID. Just thankful that he was returned home to his family. Rest in peace, Albert Valenzuela.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back