Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr - Plea Agreement Hearing - March 2, 2016

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Jesse Matthew to appear in court for plea agreement hearing
By T. Rees Shapiro March 2

proxy.jpg

Jesse Leroy Matthew Jr., the Charlottesville-area man who is charged with the disappearances and deaths of two young women in the college town, is expected to enter guilty pleas in both cases when he appears in Albemarle County court later today.

Matthew, 33, had faced the possibility of the death penalty for the abduction and murder of Hannah Graham, an 18-year-old Fairfax County resident who was a sophomore at the University of Virginia when she went missing in the fall of 2014.

[...]

The hearing is scheduled to begin at 1:30 p.m. The terms of the plea deal have not been released.

In a brief interview Tuesday, Tracci said that the plea agreement had been in the works for some time. He said he had met personally with the families of both victims to discuss possible resolutions of the case.

Marking my spot.

A big day for the Harrington's and Graham's. My thoughts are with them.

Morning i will post tweets from Laura French or Neal Augustein as they are coming from the hearing today

#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to plead guilty to 1st degree murder of #HannahGraham & #MorganHarrington @CBS6

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to plead guilty to abduction w/intent to defile in both cases @CBS6

#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to serve 4 life sentences for crimes @CBS6

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to relinquish right to appeal/no geriatric release. @CBS6

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 26m26 minutes ago Albemarle County Circuit Courthouse
No phones allowed in courtroom for #JesseMatthew hearing, so no tweeting. @MikeMurilloWTOP is here for post-plea newser. Folo Mike plz.

Neal Augenstein ‏@AugensteinWTOP 2h2 hours ago Albemarle County Circuit Courthouse
#JesseMatthew will be questioned by Judge Cheryl Higgins to see if he understands plea, and if he's pleading guilty because he is guilty

Laura French ‏@lfrenchnews
#BREAKING: #JesseMatthew expected to relinquish right to appeal/no geriatric release. @CBS6

I like no right to appeal, that should be mandatory in every plea deal.

Thanks emi!

I think those terms sound reasonable.

I'd personally like to see him spend the rest of his life in a dark prison cell 23 hrs a day, with no TV, no radio, no books, basic rations, no interaction with any other inmates and with the only his own mind to spend the time with. Haunted by what he has done. Asking a bit much I know .. ;)

Why no phones? What about a camera? This is very frustrating.

I must say that he looks great in stripes. He should wear them every day for the rest of his life.

So, no court provided live stream either per Mike Murillo WTOP... No audio in the hall for note taking, too?

Laura French
‏@lfrenchnews
Harrington and Graham families have been brought into courtroom #JesseMatthewPlea @CBS6

I'm so glad that Hannah and Morgans parents won't have to go through a trial.
This strikes me as being the one thing approaching decent JLM has ever done.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 2m2 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
Sue Graham tells court that daughter was dumped like a bag of trash to be picked up by buzzards. #wtop from @AugensteinWTOP

Mike Murillo ‏@MikeMurilloWTOP 4m4 minutes ago Charlottesville, VA
#JesseMatthew made no statement to the judge and was sentenced. #wtop

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth