GUILTY NC - Gio Gambino, 40, & 2 guests slain at Gaston County home, 29 Feb 2016

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Charlotte Observer:

Wife charged with killing husband in Gaston County; 2 others slain

⁍ Crystal Gambino, 42, charged in shooting death of her husband
⁍ 2 visitors at the couple’s home also were fatally shot, police said
⁍ Dead husband told friends he was descendant of legendary Mafia boss

Daily Mail:

Wife 'killed her husband and strange couple after catching them in bed together
in a threesome before taking the bodies out to the backyard with a wheelbarrow'

reverbnation.com:

Crystal Gambino Band

What a bizarre story. I hope the child is safe and in good hands.

Was she still making her music?

There's a picture of their big sprawling country home that looks so peaceful, but I guess it wasn't.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-wheeling-one-bodies-burn-pile-backyard.html

The couple, who have one child together, have had a tumultuous relationship, The Charlotte Observer reported.

In 2009, Crystal Gambino took out a restraining order against her husband and filed for divorce, requesting custody and support for the couple's child. The case was later dismissed.

She also filed for bankruptcy in 2009 and 2012.

Also in 2012, Giovanni Gambino was charged with communicating threats against his wife.

The charge was later dismissed.

From reading what one neighbor said below, I have to wonder why her husband thought it safe to bring another woman/couple into the home and have sex. Crystal obvious had a problem with that.

One neighbor, who asked not to be named, told WBTV that Crystal Gambino had a tendency to be violent.

The woman said she stopped talking to her a year ago after Gambino pulled a gun on her during a disagreement.

'I really didn't think she was going to shoot me,' the neighbor told the TV station.

'I just thought the best thing I needed to do was leave her alone.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-wheeling-one-bodies-burn-pile-backyard.html

One can only wonder what 'moderately crazy' will come to mean.

Gaston Gazette:

Three-way sex ended with triple homicide?

---
Both Giovanni Gambino and Geoffrey Gilliland died of multiple gunshot wounds, according to the autopsy reports. Giovanni Gambino was found naked on the floor, face up with a pillow under his head. Gilliland also was found naked on the floor, face up, a blanket covering his face and upper body, the report states. An autopsy report was not released Friday for Stephanie Sanchez.

Giovanni Gambino, Gilliland and Sanchez were involved in the activity of "having sex" at the time of their deaths, according to the report.
---
more at link

Gaston Gazette:

Early testimony in triple killing

---
A judge granted a motion this week to allow the witness who is sick to provide a deposition in July.

The man's testimony should take only a portion of one day but could be valuable to both the prosecution and the defense, according to Crystal Gambino's attorney, Rick Beam.

"The information the witness has is helpful to both sides," said Beam. "It's a witness that kind of sets the stage."
---
the rest at the link

Hm.

How this happened is at least more understandable to me than other cases. Not to blame one of the victims, her husband, now dead, but why did he not heed the warning signs. Her neighbor said she had a tendency towards violence and she carried a gun, and they had a tumultuous relationship . Why couldn't the threesome happen at that couple's motel room?

I just wonder if her husband didn't torment her needlessly in the past, and this time was the final straw. She may have been on the edge for awhile, but this event pushed her over that edge. She walked in on all three of them in the middle of a sexual position in her own house. Normally, I doubt the "just snapped" reasoning, but in this case I think it's plausible.

Gaston County woman pleads guilty in killing of husband, two others

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article136721603.html

Crystal Gambino, accused of fatally shooting her husband and two others in Feb. 2016, pleaded guilty in court Monday morning as part of a plea deal.

The plea is part of a deal worked out between her lawyers and District Attorney Locke Bell.

Under the terms of the deal, Gambino pleaded guilty to two counts of second-degree murder and one count of manslaughter.

A judge sentenced Gambino to 23 to 29 years in prison on the murder charges and six to eight years on the manslaughter charge. The sentences will be served one after the other, not at the same time as is often typical in cases with multiple offenses.

Family left unsatisfied by plea deal in triple homicide case

http://www.wcnc.com/news/crime/gaston-county-woman-pleads-guilty-to-killing-husband-two-others/420143835

A woman charged in a deadly triple shooting after finding her husband in bed with two others plead guilty Monday. That plea deal has left victim's family members upset.

Jennifer Burke wanted Gambino to truly see one of the three people she killed so she brought pictures of her brother to court as Gambino entered the plea deal.

“We couldn't see him at the end... All the gunshots to my brother were in his face and she needed to see who Geoff really was.”

Gambino herself said, “I don't think I can say anything. I can say I'm sorry that I hate this happened it's a horrible tragedy and that's still not gonna make it better. I can say I'm sorry but I don't think they'll accept it anyway.”

"We need to make sure justice is served the best way possible,” said Spencer Burke, Geoff’s brother-in-law.

Jennifer Burke says justice will be served… “as long as she dies in prison.”

”Geoff was like every other brother son, every other uncle, nephew and definitely a father that, unfortunately, his son will never have.“

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back